Bedard ducking everyone! Topic

What happened to Webb? I didn't know he was hurt.
3/8/2010 2:22 PM
He only made one start last season.
3/8/2010 2:27 PM
Kermit!

With the breaking news!
3/8/2010 2:29 PM
LOL, I guess I missed ARZ games last year.
3/8/2010 2:38 PM
So did most of the population of Arizona.
3/8/2010 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By The Taint on 3/08/2010

Pedro was very good, but far from the most dominant pitcher in the history of baseball, especially over a lengthy amount of time.
I'll bet you 100 bucks that Bedard pitches this year.

Pedro has the best ERA+ of any starting pitcher ever. Only M.Rivera has a better career ERA+.

As far as that bet goes, they will probably force him back, so he'll get some ML work. I won't do $100 for 0 innings.

But I will do $20 for under 30 IP in the majors.
3/8/2010 4:12 PM
Sounds good, I'll take that.
3/8/2010 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By The Taint on 3/08/2010Sounds good, I'll take that
Looks like an easy $20 Taint...

Erik Bedard (shoulder surgery) isn't expected to throw off a mound until the end of spring training.

Bedard underwent season-ending shoulder surgery last August. He's playing catch with the other Seattle pitchers in camp, but he probably won't be a factor until May, or even June. The -hander signed a one-year, $1.5 million contract with the Mariners this winter.
3/8/2010 8:48 PM
Alls signs say he should compile 30 IP this coming season.
3/8/2010 8:49 PM
All I know is Kelvim Escobar had surgery to repair a labrum tear in July 2008. He threw 5 innings in the minors, made his first ML appearance 11 months after surgery, threw 5 innings, and was placed back on the DL. He is probably going to start this year on the DL this year for the Mets because his arm is still not right.

Bedard's doctor said 10-12 months, so the earliest time frame should be June, and that will probably be minor league rehab. That May timeframe was put out by his agent, he shouldn't even think about game action before July. With his injury history, he should not be rushing back because he'll end up tweaking something which will cause a set back. I'd feel less comfortable about this bet if he was targeting a return in early August.
3/9/2010 2:06 AM
It's pretty simple. Bedard is a raging wuss. However, he wants to pitch so he can sign another deal. Expect a couple of starts in September when rosters expand.
3/9/2010 5:49 AM
Bump
7/6/2010 2:29 AM
7/6/2010 2:36 AM
Now Bedard's ducking the Royals?  At least he had the balls to face the Portland Beavers...
7/6/2010 4:39 AM
Posted by arvidjosef on 3/8/2010 8:48:00 PM (view original):
Quote: Originally Posted By The Taint on 3/08/2010Sounds good, I'll take that
Looks like an easy $20 Taint...

Erik Bedard (shoulder surgery) isn't expected to throw off a mound until the end of spring training.

Bedard underwent season-ending shoulder surgery last August. He's playing catch with the other Seattle pitchers in camp, but he probably won't be a factor until May, or even June. The -hander signed a one-year, $1.5 million contract with the Mariners this winter.
Whoops!

Bedard likely out for the season.
7/21/2010 11:42 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Bedard ducking everyone! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.