R.I.P. Ron Santo Topic

Cubs legend passed away last night. A great guy who truly loved all things Cubs. Click your heels again Ronnie...we'll miss you.
12/3/2010 7:21 AM
I always thought he'd die watching the cubs get a leadoff triple and then strike out with the next 3 batters. Rip Ronnie.
12/3/2010 7:50 AM
At least he doesn't have to suffer through another Cubs season.  Peace, Ronnie.
12/3/2010 8:07 AM
RIP Ron...
12/3/2010 8:21 AM
I smell a sympathy induction into the HOF by the Veteran's Committee next time the opportunity presents itself.
12/3/2010 8:29 AM
No, that's just your socks.   Throw them in the hamper.

Sadly, I'll no longer be able to mock Cubs fans for their love of Santos.  RIP.
12/3/2010 8:34 AM
Len Kasper was on the Score this morning and was devestated, as was Blackhawks prez John McDonough. Ron touched so many people, both those he knew and those of us who only knew him via his career. He was the type of guy who never said no to an autograph or picture and had a kind word for everyone, even when he was in pain or sick...which was all the time. The HOF doesnt validate him or his career....he was valid because he was genuine in his love for the Cubs and baseball fans everywhere.

We are poorer today with this loss.
12/3/2010 8:41 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/3/2010 8:34:00 AM (view original):
No, that's just your socks.   Throw them in the hamper.

Sadly, I'll no longer be able to mock Cubs fans for their love of Santos.  RIP.
Santos? I didn't know he was hispanic.
12/3/2010 10:31 AM
WGN is going all Santo today....very classy. Some around here could take a lesson.
12/3/2010 10:43 AM
RIP Ron... he was the best 3b in the national League back when I fell in love with the game. I'm sorry to hear of his passing. While things were not going well for him physically, he always impressed me as somebody who remained gracious above it all. Well done Ron. Enjoy your rewards.
12/3/2010 11:29 AM
Long over-due for the Hall-of Fame; he should have had the opportunity to enjoy while living.
12/3/2010 11:40 AM
The outpouring of emotion on both WGN and the Score has been staggering. Former teammates, friends and fans have really shown their unabashed love for Ronnie, many breaking down in tears on the air. The Pat and Ron page on Facebook has also been swamped with folks expressing their feelings. I was lucky enough to meet him once and know how everyone is feeling.

12/3/2010 12:45 PM
Sucks. He was awesome on the radio, and a nice dude. I ran up to him like a crazy person once when he was getting in his car & asked for an autograph, which he happily provided. RIP
12/3/2010 1:25 PM
Obviously not a NRA member.  Otherwise, we wouldn't be reading that story.
12/3/2010 3:36 PM
12/3/2010 5:43 PM
1|2|3...8 Next ▸
R.I.P. Ron Santo Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.