Ichiro's 3000th Hit - 142 to go! First Ballot HOF! Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 8/27/2013 10:28:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/27/2013 10:25:00 AM (view original):
You ******* dumb *****.

"Whatever."

How about, my bad, my dumb *** didn't read the very next ******* sentence before I opened my fat ******* pie hole.
Did you say that when I'd already conceded that I felt Henderson brought more value on the field and you were still arguing it?

No?  Then why the **** would you expect tec to do it?
I wasnt calling anyone out for saying that you said it. I was making the same point.
8/27/2013 10:31 AM
So you didn't say "My bad, my dumb *** didn't read the very next ******* sentence before I opened my fat ******* pie hole"?

Would that make you a ******* dumb *****?
8/27/2013 10:33 AM
What are you, Tec's wife?

I said the same thing as you a few minutes after you. No big deal.

Then tec said "mike never conceded anything, all he said was, [quotes two lines from the post that you conceded the point]. How about you learn to read English."

One of these two situations makes someone a dumb ******* *******. The other doesn't.
8/27/2013 10:39 AM
So you're a dumb ******* ******* for another reason?
8/27/2013 10:40 AM
What's your reason for being a dumb ******* *******?
8/27/2013 10:42 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/27/2013 10:39:00 AM (view original):

Then tec said "mike never conceded anything, all he said was, [quotes two lines from the post that you conceded the point]. How about you learn to read English."

One of these two situations makes someone a dumb ******* *******. The other doesn't.
You're already the resident dumb **** in this thread.  You already sealed that with your "Kenny Lofton should receive HOF consideration" posts earlier in this thread.  With everything you've posted since, you're just lapping the field.
8/27/2013 10:42 AM
I stand by that. I think he's a borderline case.

Good job trying to change the subject, dummy.

"How about you learn to read." ....fuckin mo'ron.
8/27/2013 10:46 AM
"I stand by that. I think he's a borderline case."

That's all anybody needs to know about your credibility in any baseball argument.
8/27/2013 10:55 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 8/27/2013 10:42:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/27/2013 10:39:00 AM (view original):

You're already the resident dumb **** in this thread.  You already sealed that with your "Kenny Lofton should receive HOF consideration" posts earlier in this thread.  With everything you've posted since, you're just lapping the field.
we have another day here where we will be using the big screen again in our small town college classroom. this clown here is easy credits and makes barney the dinosaur look more brilliant as an astro physicist. keep it up as we have about 45 other students here who want to ditch school and bus across the desert to las vegas to profit from these newfound numerical gems in bad lucks posts. these perfessor assessments about baseball numbers just get better and better. now thats an evaluation. redeeming winning parlays and round robins must be what makes for such laughable arrogance. thank you for this thread.
8/27/2013 11:00 AM
Posted by mchalesarmy on 8/27/2013 1:22:00 AM (view original):
Ichiro is a tremendous hitter imo. 

The fact that he actually might get to 3000 hits is sick, as he started playing in the MLB so late.

To be at 2700+ in only his 13th season speaks volumes. He might finish his career as the only player in MLB history to average 200+ hits per season. No one else has ever done it and he is still going to finish this season above 210 per.

Every player ahead of him on the hit list played 18+ seasons. with the exception of Sisler (one of the greatest hitters to ever play the game) who logged 15 seasons and retired with only 2812. Ichiro should pass him sometime early next summer.
this is an excellent post. from a sportswriter no doubt. wonderfully influential as it focuses solely upon an eye catching hit totals and of course the subsequent batting averages that such numbers produce. this is the type of post that validates willie mcgee as the 1985 national league mvp. the batting title in any given season shows the most successful batter in any given season. that pitcher success rate against hitters like mcgee and ichiro weigh heavily as having value to the considerations made when voting for the hall of fame. the slugging and on base percentages have no influence on real sportswrtiters as those numbers have no bearing on any aspect of the hall of fame vote. batting average simply says more than anything that can be added. ichiro consistently beat pitchers his entire career so far.
8/27/2013 11:25 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 8/27/2013 10:55:00 AM (view original):

That's all anybody needs to know about your credibility in any baseball argument.
Sure, OK. I'll agree.

Lot's of other people also think Lofton is a borderline Hall of Fame candidate, here's a few:

Chris Jaffe
Jonah Keri
Jay Jaffe
Bill Baer

That's just four. And those names probably don't mean anything to you. But Jay Jaffe is the guy that came up with JAWS and is considered an expert on Hall of Fame candidates.

You, on the other hand, seem to pull everything you know about baseball from your *******. And if it isn't Yankees or RBIs, you are clueless.

8/27/2013 11:30 AM
with that said then mattinglys batting average being higher than rickeys places mattingly on better ground for receiving mvp considerations from americas sportswriters. go ahead and post your contrary rhetoric. it wont change things. reviewing your numbers will still leave u very much alone in your assessments.
8/27/2013 11:30 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/27/2013 11:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 8/27/2013 10:55:00 AM (view original):

Sure, OK. I'll agree.

Lot's of other people also think Lofton is a borderline Hall of Fame candidate, here's a few:

Chris Jaffe
Jonah Keri
Jay Jaffe
Bill Baer

That's just four. And those names probably don't mean anything to you. But Jay Jaffe is the guy that came up with JAWS and is considered an expert on Hall of Fame candidates.

You, on the other hand, seem to pull everything you know about baseball from your *******. And if it isn't Yankees or RBIs, you are clueless.

experts on the hall of fame have always stood in preservation of what baseball considers as valuable. calling people experts who have different agendas designed at restructuring its very foundation could not possibly be experts at all. u just argue that the sun is really the moon and back it up with lame numbers that claim the moon is brighter too when measurements are taken in the darkest parts of your brain. get another tape measure and please try again. one that measures rbis homeruns and batting averages. three simple things that are common in the voting footprints of existing hall of famers. 
8/27/2013 11:39 AM
"What are you, Tec's wife?"

Sometimes it does seem that way.  
8/27/2013 11:45 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/27/2013 10:26:00 AM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 8/27/2013 10:10:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/27/2013 10:02:00 AM (view original):
At the end of the day, I just think the 23-5-0 vote says more than the stats we look at 28 years later.  If it had been 15-7-6, you'd at least be able to argue that some of the voters saw then what your numbers are telling you now.   Then you could say "Yeah, they're dumbasses."   I just don't think 28 of them are all dumbasses who got it wrong.
These are writers, right? And Rickeys kind of an ******* and Mattinglys cool and media friendly? I'm wondering if a writer decided to vote for a Yankee, he's picking Mattingly, based on the HRs and RBI, good defense, but also because he's not an arrogant douche.
Would it be fair to say more than a few people think I'm an arrogant douche?   Do you think, if that was the consensus of WifS, that I'd be able to fill HBD worlds on the day of rollover?  

And that's not to say some, if not many, of the owners in said worlds don't think I'm an arrogant douche.  They just know I run good worlds.   Much like a writer who admittedly thought Rickey was an arrogant douche would still throw him a MVP votes because, get this, he was the best player.   Not even one did.
That's fair.  But there are certainly instances when writers/reporters, etc kinda screw over players and coaches because they weren't media-friendly or for other reasons that go beyond what happens on the field.  Parcells should have made the HOF his first time around and didn't, and many think it's because he ****** off many of the voters.  Braun probably should have won MVP last year, or at least got more votes, but he didn't have a shot because of his suspected roid use.

I don't know why Rickey got no votes.  I'd love to question some of the voters to find out what they were thinking, exactly.  I'm also confused why Brett didn't get more votes.
8/27/2013 11:48 AM
◂ Prev 1...25|26|27|28|29...45 Next ▸
Ichiro's 3000th Hit - 142 to go! First Ballot HOF! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.