Ichiro's 3000th Hit - 142 to go! First Ballot HOF! Topic

Not me. I just took a brief lunch-break at a sportsbar a couple of miles from here. Ordered a sandwich with the DiMaggio name attached to it. But, that doesn't matter since the whole thing will be in the toilet shortly. I did take the time to ask the bar girl if she thought they could sell more sandwiches if they used RHenderson's name on them, instead. She wasted no time answering no. She must be well-qualified to make such a concise and forthright answer. Normally, I would require verifiable proof that multiple labotomies have not been performed upon anyone, or someone, within this thread. It could be a more productive approach to finally end this one-sided RHenderson argument. Otherwise, the only other remedy might be some gasoline, & a match. 
8/27/2013 5:01 PM
Am sure he is looking for more names to trump the bar girl at the local sports bar. But, while he is doing that, I could waste a post here & drop some names myself. Names like God, & Norman Rockwell, to make my point that someone else is in charge of the American baseball landscape, & the elements that move it along through the era's and generations. However, that would be somewhat pointless if another still boasted of discovering numbers that are pointless. The real name to be dropped here in this thread, is Mike Brito. The world-wide love of baseball has also placed a Hall of Fame in Cuba, of all places. His name is not mentioned to simply argue his merit, value, or worth to be in that Cuban Baseball Hall of Fame. No, rather it points to his long-held job in Major League Baseball. Assessing prospects is not something to waste money on, or time. Trying to figure the speed of BFeller's fastball, without motion picture cameras, & fast motorcycles, does his job best while sitting directly behind homeplate, charting pitches with his radar gun at Dodger home games. Mike Brito has never found a prospect using numbers in the manner used here in this thread. He sticks to the most simple basics & fundamentals concerning scouting of Major League talent. The first rule is that he must see these potential players in person. Then he is free to make a more thorough follow thru, which again does not consist of any of the mathematical numbers or equations described in this thread. The topic of Ichiro Suzuki's career, and past statistics would not be possible if not for Mike Brito. The Dodgers also bid for the services of Mr. Suzuki, but only after a few visits by Mr. Brito. No numbers. Just words, & an up-close view of the balls that consistently popped off of his bat. There is no number for that, & nothing will ever supplant that.  
8/27/2013 6:13 PM
Posted by lad_buck on 8/27/2013 5:01:00 PM (view original):
Not me. I just took a brief lunch-break at a sportsbar a couple of miles from here. Ordered a sandwich with the DiMaggio name attached to it. But, that doesn't matter since the whole thing will be in the toilet shortly. I did take the time to ask the bar girl if she thought they could sell more sandwiches if they used RHenderson's name on them, instead. She wasted no time answering no. She must be well-qualified to make such a concise and forthright answer. Normally, I would require verifiable proof that multiple labotomies have not been performed upon anyone, or someone, within this thread. It could be a more productive approach to finally end this one-sided RHenderson argument. Otherwise, the only other remedy might be some gasoline, & a match. 
THAT eye can relate to... On the road, any bathroom can become my
temporary throne. If it wasn't 4 that, then 'peeking-in' on the latest hot
"Forum" thread, via my not-so-smart phone, would be impossible...

Eye ate something 2'day, @ a hot-dog place, in Rapid City... &, it did
have 2 names, "The Al & Bobby Unser Special"... Menu boards often
make such names in larger fonts than the 'ingredient' fonts... Hence,
if not 4 that, eye would not be qualified 2 post here, because eye just
would not be here (period) viewing this thread... From my throne...

Yes, we all know bad_luck has bad luck interpreting the simplest of
baseball numbers, even with the help of so many previous posters,
2 just flat-out simplify the formula's used here, & 2 also cease giving
credit & praise 2 dumb sportswriters 4 the smarts that are constantly
discovered in-between the ears of bad_luck, with each new waste of
argumentative drivel... He won't stop... He's addicted to what numbers
actually tell himself... Those numbers prove 2 him his self-worth in a
niche that he carves solely for himself... No biggie, but Ichiro probably
ain't interested in how to get into the HOF... Nor would Ichiro stand out
in play-off's where 12 MVP's must get their teams there, 2 begin with...

Nope, am of the mind that my time on this krapper, w/ a speak-&-type
app, --->>> instead reflects that stadium 'Dodger dogs', & 'Rapid City'
Unser dogs just travel @ different speeds thru-out humanity... Later,
most likely not sooner, bad_luck will have ingested enuff numbers 2
have some serious indigestion...  It should pass, & then he would be
dumb again, just like respectable sportswriters @ baseball games...

Really, bad-luck... Just get real here... The sportswriters have voted... 
8/27/2013 8:08 PM
Posted by jsakicno19 on 8/27/2013 8:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by lad_buck on 8/27/2013 5:01:00 PM (view original):
THAT eye can relate to... On the road, any bathroom can become my
temporary throne. If it wasn't 4 that, then 'peeking-in' on the latest hot
"Forum" thread, via my not-so-smart phone, would be impossible...

Eye ate something 2'day, @ a hot-dog place, in Rapid City... &, it did
have 2 names, "The Al & Bobby Unser Special"... Menu boards often
make such names in larger fonts than the 'ingredient' fonts... Hence,
if not 4 that, eye would not be qualified 2 post here, because eye just
would not be here (period) viewing this thread... From my throne...

Yes, we all know bad_luck has bad luck interpreting the simplest of
baseball numbers, even with the help of so many previous posters,
2 just flat-out simplify the formula's used here, & 2 also cease giving
credit & praise 2 dumb sportswriters 4 the smarts that are constantly
discovered in-between the ears of bad_luck, with each new waste of
argumentative drivel... He won't stop... He's addicted to what numbers
actually tell himself... Those numbers prove 2 him his self-worth in a
niche that he carves solely for himself... No biggie, but Ichiro probably
ain't interested in how to get into the HOF... Nor would Ichiro stand out
in play-off's where 12 MVP's must get their teams there, 2 begin with...

Nope, am of the mind that my time on this krapper, w/ a speak-&-type
app, --->>> instead reflects that stadium 'Dodger dogs', & 'Rapid City'
Unser dogs just travel @ different speeds thru-out humanity... Later,
most likely not sooner, bad_luck will have ingested enuff numbers 2
have some serious indigestion...  It should pass, & then he would be
dumb again, just like respectable sportswriters @ baseball games...

Really, bad-luck... Just get real here... The sportswriters have voted... 
ha ha ha. and thank u for the reference. my girlfriend just hollered from her throne about this very issue in this thread. bringing defensive numbers into a hall of fame discussion would be alright if they shed some light on rickey hendersons inabilities to handle alot of games played on turf. despite his short career in toronto as an example where rickey was defeated consistently by knees that did not feel right after multiple games on turf. examining those real numbers and comparing them with how well ichiro suzuki plays defense on turf could be a subject here if defensive play was ever a criteria to enter the hall of fame. which it is not. the apologies for bad lucks muddied view of rickey henderson is not going to change things in this forum. he cannot be machine-gunned with a ton of artificial turf numbers when his defense is constantly nothing more than a rubber hollywood movie prop with espn bumper music which he brought to this gun fight. he gets what he deserves here from the massive amount of negative posts that pollute this thread. ichiro is an entirely different player and would not appreciate any part of a conversation or mathematical evidence that compared him and rickey henderson. the vote is over. ichiros votes are pending. bad luck is powerless here by his own loss of reality.
8/27/2013 8:45 PM
Brevity died at 8:45 last night.

8/28/2013 8:27 AM
That's all? A one sentence obituary? If I posted here that yesterday was the anniversary of Stevie Ray Vaughn's ill-fated plane crash that also took-out 3 of Eric Clapton's band members, everyone here would agree that even the hope of resurrection will never again produce another Stevie Ray blues song on that guitar. However, I sure wish that these inane RHenderson arguments had also been aboard that plane. Lots of years need to pass by, for my comfort. A debate is one thing, and at least we still have Eric Clapton still with us, producing a type of 'blues' that may soothe the frustrations of that other guy, bad_luck.
8/28/2013 10:56 AM
Yeah, I don't read posts as long as the ones that have been tossed around in here so I'd miss SVR's reference.  Two lines.  Sometimes three but that's it.
8/28/2013 11:00 AM
Very well. Love a thread with simple rules. However, why use a simple garden hose to flush out an out-house, when a fire-hose with ample pressure can do the job more efficiently? It's not a question seeking an answer, since he came here without a diaper. He still refuses to take the free toilet paper rolls handed to him by all in here, to clean-up his RHenderson mess. There's a way to discover an understanding. Always.
8/28/2013 11:59 AM
You don't think Henderson had a great year in 85?
8/28/2013 12:02 PM
Hmmm. Down to four lines now. Getting closer. As is Ichiro. Will leave this at one line.
8/28/2013 12:03 PM
Your arguments prior were not aligned to merely establish a simply "GREAT" year, in 1985.
8/28/2013 12:05 PM
Posted by lad_buck on 8/28/2013 12:05:00 PM (view original):
Your arguments prior were not aligned to merely establish a simply "GREAT" year, in 1985.
OK. I'm asking you if you think Henderson ha a great year in 1985.
8/28/2013 12:38 PM
Could more than one player have a great year per season?
8/28/2013 1:00 PM
Anyways, that's not what the current argument is about.
8/28/2013 1:01 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/28/2013 1:00:00 PM (view original):
Could more than one player have a great year per season?
Of course. Mattingly had a great year too. So did Brett. 
8/28/2013 1:03 PM
◂ Prev 1...30|31|32|33|34...45 Next ▸
Ichiro's 3000th Hit - 142 to go! First Ballot HOF! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.