PROPS TO EDSORTAILS!!!1111 Topic

because I want the team to be better, does not equal whining....Ego has it hard for a certain type of player and time and time again, that type of player doesn't cut it in Boston....I have a problem with that and never quite understood the universal love he got for all of his moves, no matter how bad it looked or how bad it turned out

I will NEVER take joy in a Boston loss and to imply anything else is ignorant of my real message, which is clearly winning is everything
9/29/2011 7:08 PM
The funny thing is, Red Sox Nation brought this on themselves.

The Braves choked just as hard, but do you see everyone revelling in it?  No, and why? Because the Braves don't draw attention to themselves.  The Red Sox were the feel good story of the century in 2004...and it was even a good story in 2007, with Lester coming back from cancer to be a stud, etc.

But they turned into cocky, insufferable fans on a level worse than the Yankees after that. They couldn't handle the success.  As they say, "act like you belong there."  The Yankees, for as hated as they are, always act like they belong at the top and their fans are just as obnoxious when they're losing.  The Red Sox and their fans had this coming and I for one feel not one ounce of pity for them.  I definitely feel bad for the Braves.
9/30/2011 10:28 AM
Sux fans have always been insufferable.  They just multiplied when they were winning.  Some are bandwagon riders, some just came out of hiding.  Three-four third place finishes will decrease their numbers faster than the bubonic plague killed off Europeans. 
9/30/2011 10:42 AM
+1

I've said this before, but I'll say it again.  Living where I do in CT, I am right in the middle of the Yankee/Red Sox "war zone".  I have plenty of good friends and acquaintances who are Red Sox fans (as well as just as many who are Yankee fans), and most all of them are good in terms of handling Red Sox success and failure graciously and in stride.  In fact, as much as I hated to see the Sox win the WS in 2004, I actually felt kind of good to see many of my friends rejoicing from that victory, and I even went out and got a couple of them 2004 Red Sox World Series Championship t-shirts as congratulatory gifts.

But it's the Red Sox fans who frequent this site and this particular forum who are the insufferable pricks who have not been able to handle Red Sox success graciously, and who gloat over Yankee failure like a group of six year old kids.  Maybe it's the anonymity of the internet, but in the end, they get what they bring on to themselves here in these forums.
9/30/2011 10:42 AM
Well, to be fair, the Yankee fans deserved.  If I was a Red Sox fan, I would have rubbed it in to the Bronx Bastards as hard as I could.

But it went beyond that. They acted like they were kings of the world and took over for the Yanks as the utmost arrogant pricks of the baseball world. Two titles in four years doesn't erase 86 years of craptitude and mediocrity.
9/30/2011 10:49 AM
Yankee fans are not arrogant.  We're just right.
9/30/2011 10:56 AM

I think the difference, and maybe it's just me, is that Yankee fans don't think they are "difference-makers".   The Yanks will win, or lose, regardless of what we do.  So we don't have the same highs/lows.   Whereas a dumbass Red Sux fan thinks what he does is important to the success of the team.  So, on those rare occassions that they win, it's "WE DID IT!!!!"

Probably 'cause they're inbred morons sucking on Sam Adams at birth.    Pasty-faced *******.

9/30/2011 11:02 AM
MY GRANDMA WAS FROM CANTON,MASS. MY BROTHER AND I WOULD GO THERE TO VISIT AND JUST KICK THEIR PUNY *****

RACIST SCUMBAGS,TOO
9/30/2011 11:15 AM

HOKA HOKA HEY HEY, MY REDSKINNED BROTHER!!!!

9/30/2011 11:17 AM
Did anton just say he likes his grandma's pruny ***?
9/30/2011 1:10 PM (edited)
Does that surprise you in any way?
9/30/2011 11:45 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 9/30/2011 10:28:00 AM (view original):
The funny thing is, Red Sox Nation brought this on themselves.

The Braves choked just as hard, but do you see everyone revelling in it?  No, and why? Because the Braves don't draw attention to themselves.  The Red Sox were the feel good story of the century in 2004...and it was even a good story in 2007, with Lester coming back from cancer to be a stud, etc.

But they turned into cocky, insufferable fans on a level worse than the Yankees after that. They couldn't handle the success.  As they say, "act like you belong there."  The Yankees, for as hated as they are, always act like they belong at the top and their fans are just as obnoxious when they're losing.  The Red Sox and their fans had this coming and I for one feel not one ounce of pity for them.  I definitely feel bad for the Braves.
Umm....because no one watches or cares about the Braves.  Don't try and spin that on fans.  
9/30/2011 1:18 PM
I'm pretty sure the Braves have a lot of fans.  Just not as many as the Red Sox.

If the Braves win the WS next year, I guarantee they'll find themselves with a lot of converted bandwagoners off the Red Sox and Yankee bandwagons.
9/30/2011 1:38 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 9/30/2011 10:42:00 AM (view original):
+1

I've said this before, but I'll say it again.  Living where I do in CT, I am right in the middle of the Yankee/Red Sox "war zone".  I have plenty of good friends and acquaintances who are Red Sox fans (as well as just as many who are Yankee fans), and most all of them are good in terms of handling Red Sox success and failure graciously and in stride.  In fact, as much as I hated to see the Sox win the WS in 2004, I actually felt kind of good to see many of my friends rejoicing from that victory, and I even went out and got a couple of them 2004 Red Sox World Series Championship t-shirts as congratulatory gifts.

But it's the Red Sox fans who frequent this site and this particular forum who are the insufferable pricks who have not been able to handle Red Sox success graciously, and who gloat over Yankee failure like a group of six year old kids.  Maybe it's the anonymity of the internet, but in the end, they get what they bring on to themselves here in these forums.
You do realize the "Wheeler is a fourth closer!" posts are a joke, right?

I didn't realize the rest of America had such **** poor humor.

As a southern CT red-sox fan, I'm embarrassed by you, tec.
9/30/2011 8:09 PM
What I'm reading from this forum is an awful lot of hard-on jealousy for the glory the Sox fans have been living in the past several years.  No one's upset about the braves fans bc the braves never win it all, anyway, and besides, they play in that junior league without much in the way of talent.
9/30/2011 8:10 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
PROPS TO EDSORTAILS!!!1111 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.