© OFFICIAL 2012 CUBS THREAD Topic

Let's put this craptacular season behind us and look forward to the soon to be all-new Chicago Cubs!

And to start it off, good news on the new GM search...

BOOM: Cubs Have Asked for Permission to Speak to Theo Epstein

According to the Boston Globe’s Dan Shaughnessy, the Chicago Cubs have officially asked the Boston Red Sox for permission to speak to their general manager, Theo Epstein, about a position with the Cubs.

The Red Sox’s brass met today to discuss the request, but as of yet have not responded. Because Epstein is under contract through 2012, the Red Sox could deny the request. Alternatively, they could grant the request, or conditionally grant the request, seeking compensation from the Cubs should they eventually hire Epstein.

10/4/2011 10:45 PM
Cubs eliminated in 2012.  

Thread closed. 
10/4/2011 10:52 PM
Let the Bears and Blackhawks do some losing before you start this misery.
10/4/2011 11:18 PM
PLEASE, PLEASE, PUH-LEASE make that man an offer he can't turn down and get him out of Boston
10/5/2011 12:18 AM
Please sign Prince Fielder.  The other candidate everyone is listing as a frontrunner is Baltimore, and I don't want to be paying that lardass $20+ million a year 6 or 7 years from now when he can't hit slowpitch softball anymore...
10/5/2011 2:25 PM
Compensation? Take Lackey?
10/5/2011 2:31 PM
Twitter was buzzing with news that a Cub delegation was going to Boston today to meet with Red Sawx officials to discuss bringing Theo here.  If we pull this off, it's an incredible turn of events and the right start to building a winner.  I'm ignoring what edso thinks because guys who can't change a tire don't have valid baseball opinions.
10/5/2011 5:52 PM
CONFIRMED!!!!
10/5/2011 6:12 PM
uh, yeah....I trained with Dana Kiecker......DANA KIECKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so I'm pretty sure I have a plenty valid baseball opinion
10/5/2011 9:32 PM
I always like guys who choose Crawford and Lackey over Beltre and Halliday.

Theo will make sure that 1908 stays put!

10/5/2011 11:45 PM
Epstein is overrated and the Cubs will overpay for him like they do with most everone else
10/6/2011 9:51 AM
You guys must not understand what a massive idiot Jim Hendry is. Hiring Woo Woo as the new GM would be an improvement.
10/6/2011 10:01 AM
I get that things are bleak in Chicago....I see this as no different than when Rex Grossman came to town and everyone got giddy over him being the saving grace of the Bears franchise

when the dust settled and the smoke cleared, he was plain, old Suxy and even Chicago (most of it) saw him for what he was......but because the QB situation has been SO bad there, people wanted so very badly for him to be the White Knight........

Ego is your new Suxy
10/6/2011 10:07 AM
in fact, they could well be the same guy.....smug, cocky, mean to children, and prone to making huge mistakes under pressure....
10/6/2011 10:09 AM
Change a tire.  Until then, you have a vagina and no valid opinion about a manly sport like baseball.
10/6/2011 6:04 PM
1|2|3...21 Next ▸
© OFFICIAL 2012 CUBS THREAD Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.