Bobby V revised: Death Watch Topic

Mets thought he was pretty good at one point.
4/24/2012 10:58 PM
He knows baseball.   He's also more than happy to explain that he knows more baseball than you.  That tends to rub people the wrong way.   To me, he wasn't a bad choice for the underachieving Sux because he was going to bust some balls.   But he's not a long-term solution.   I felt they hired him to figured out who the "bad seeds" are, move them out and then fire Bobby V because his work is done.   A buddy of mine started a pool on when he'd be fired.   I picked 9/20 as the Sux last home stand starts on 9/21.
4/25/2012 8:06 AM
Bobby V is a pompous ***.  He knows more baseball than you or I...  but WAY less than he thinks he knows.  And he is NOT a people person.  A key element in being a manager of anything, let alone a group of rich, entitled, pampered 20 somethings.
4/25/2012 11:50 AM
I don't think Boston wanted Francona V2.   As I said, I think they wanted someone who'd come in, ruffle some feathers, sort out who could be a team player or who was a "me" guy so the front office could ship some people out.   Then tell Bobby V to take a hike because he had alienated the clubhouse and the fanbase.

Boston doesn't have an old team as Youk, Ortiz and Beckett are the only "key" guys over 30.    But a lot of sports is monkey-see, monkey-do.   So, if any of the young guys saw the indifference(or whatever you want to call) that the vets had while they collapsed, they need to know if it stuck.   It's hard to think of anything worse than a 26 y/o coming up on FA with a "I don't care" attitude.    Sign that guy to 7 years and you're living a nightmare into 2020. 
4/25/2012 12:28 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/24/2012 2:32:00 PM (view original):
Uh, if this has ANYTHING to do with Bobby V, please point it out.   If not, quit cluttering my Bobby V Mockery thread with your bullshit Patriots ****.  There are about 70 goddam threads in the NFL forum and, at some point, every ******* one of them references the Patriots.   Because that's what the goddam Patriots fans do.  They turn everything into something about Brady, Belechick or the Patriots.    Thanks in advance.
Whaa!!
4/30/2012 12:56 PM
The least successful franchise in Boston.  Haven't won in 8 years and at that time they were cheating.  Yet they should be talked about?  I agree with eschwartz.
4/30/2012 2:40 PM
Raucous...  while I am anything but a Pats fan...  it was Mike who said that the Boston faithful turned this into a Pats thread.  I actually lent to that by answering their rants about the Pats...  but anything that leads to talk of the NFL is OK in my book.
4/30/2012 3:09 PM
Posted by eschwartz67 on 4/30/2012 3:09:00 PM (view original):
Raucous...  while I am anything but a Pats fan...  it was Mike who said that the Boston faithful turned this into a Pats thread.  I actually lent to that by answering their rants about the Pats...  but anything that leads to talk of the NFL is OK in my book.
+1
4/30/2012 5:28 PM

On death watch.

I pick 9/20 as his termination date.

7/31/2012 10:35 AM
he makes the season, almost certainly.....he does not see year 2 of the contract though
7/31/2012 10:41 AM
You certainly know more about the mood of the fanbase than I do but I figured, before their last homestand, that they'd want the fans there doing something besides talking about what a putz Bobby V has been.   Show up to the park on 9/21 and watch the new guy!!!!
7/31/2012 11:10 AM
the fan base is too busy hating Josh Beckett and upper management to worry about Bobby.....he's actually getting a ton of credit for his 'handling' of the bullpen this season
7/31/2012 11:15 AM
The manager gets too much credit when his team succeeds and too much criticism when his team fails.  It's not Bobby's fault that Lester, Buchholz and Beckett suddenly can't pitch.  Although he probably could have handled the Youk situation better.
7/31/2012 11:28 AM
I don't know if the criticism/credit actually holds true as much as it's easier to fire a manager than trade a team.   Word is the Sux want to move Beckett.   But his value is down and he's a 5/10 guy.    He's not going to be easy to move today.
7/31/2012 11:37 AM
That and he makes wayyyyyyy too much $.
7/31/2012 11:41 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Bobby V revised: Death Watch Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.