2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

Posted by bad_luck on 5/12/2014 9:21:00 AM (view original):
Anyone still take Tillman over Kazmir?
Yes. Tillman's hit a rough patch, but 3 rough starts aren't going to change my mind. Especially when Kaz is playing in one of the most pitcher friendly parks in MLB.
5/12/2014 6:46 PM
Also, let me know when Kazmir faces a good opponent. Wins so far against Cleveland, Seattle, Minnesota, Houston x2 and Washington. Knocked around by Seattle and Texas
5/12/2014 6:48 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 5/12/2014 6:48:00 PM (view original):
Also, let me know when Kazmir faces a good opponent. Wins so far against Cleveland, Seattle, Minnesota, Houston x2 and Washington. Knocked around by Seattle and Texas
When you say "knocked around by Seattle," you aren't referring to the game that he struck out 9 in 6 shutout innings while only giving up 2 hits, are you. Because, to me, that's a pretty good outing. He also threw 7 shutout innings against Washington, a team I would consider a "good opponent."

I don't think Kazmir will have a sub-2.50 ERA all year. But has been and will continue to be better than Tillman this year.
5/12/2014 6:55 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/12/2014 6:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 5/12/2014 6:48:00 PM (view original):
When you say "knocked around by Seattle," you aren't referring to the game that he struck out 9 in 6 shutout innings while only giving up 2 hits, are you. Because, to me, that's a pretty good outing. He also threw 7 shutout innings against Washington, a team I would consider a "good opponent."

I don't think Kazmir will have a sub-2.50 ERA all year. But has been and will continue to be better than Tillman this year.
Oh, I see. You're referring to the game on 5/5, his worst outing of the year, when he allowed 4 earned runs.
5/12/2014 6:59 PM
Tillman had three good starts right at the beginning of the year and since then, his last 5 starts have been bad.

His ERA over his last 5 starts has been 6.49.

5/12/2014 7:01 PM
Norris may be the best #5 starter in the league and this team can't get him any damn support. Ridiculous that outings like this from the back of the rotation continue to be wasted.
5/12/2014 10:31 PM
Tell us what your real account is and I'll bet a $10 GC that Tillman has a better ERA+ for the remainder of the season than Kazmir.
5/13/2014 3:07 PM
Well that about does it for Tommy. Britton gets my vote
5/13/2014 10:12 PM
And that's why nobody would ever let you anywhere near a Major League team...
5/13/2014 10:36 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 5/13/2014 10:36:00 PM (view original):
And that's why nobody would ever let you anywhere near a Major League team...
Ya, Britton has been terrible this year. That 1-2-3 ninth the other night was hard to watch.

As for tonight, so tired of Jones swinging for the fences in situations where one run is all that's needed. Why not squeeze there? You need a run or the game's over, and the Royals aren't looking for it. This team needs to think outside the box a bit more.
5/17/2014 11:15 PM
Markakis lost that game singlehandedly.  Lazy baserunning.  If he'd advanced on what should have been the wild pitch, he would have scored on Machado's single.
5/20/2014 12:06 PM
Tillman has some major mental issues going on this season. Totally dominant last week and then can't do a thing right tonight. I wonder if he's tipping his pitches somehow. Pitt laid into him last time too.
5/22/2014 12:42 AM
Could have been the fact that his velocity was down and he couldn't throw the curveball for strikes...

I don't think tipping pitches has anything to do with either of those problems...

5/23/2014 2:08 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 5/23/2014 2:08:00 PM (view original):
Could have been the fact that his velocity was down and he couldn't throw the curveball for strikes...

I don't think tipping pitches has anything to do with either of those problems...

Pittsburgh has done a number on him twice now. I wasn't referring to his entire season - he's clearly struggled. But against Pittsburgh, they seemed to know what was coming.
5/23/2014 6:27 PM
The fastball was the only pitch he could throw for strikes with anything remotely resembling consistency.  It's not like he got a bunch of curves or changes hit hard.  He was barely throwing them, and when he did nobody was swinging at it because it never threatened the zone.  You don't have to know what's coming in a case like that; you just prepare to hit the fastball.
5/25/2014 5:14 AM
◂ Prev 1...53|54|55|56|57...75 Next ▸
2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.