Clemens Topic

I think it's still reasonable to suspect that Clemens used steroids.  He should be in the hall of fame no matter what (and so should Bonds), but beating a perjury charge isn't a very high bar to clear.  
6/20/2012 12:01 PM
LOL and the dumbass of the month pokes his head out in another realm.
6/20/2012 12:11 PM
Posted by jrd_x on 6/20/2012 12:01:00 PM (view original):
I think it's still reasonable to suspect that Clemens used steroids.  He should be in the hall of fame no matter what (and so should Bonds), but beating a perjury charge isn't a very high bar to clear.  
This
6/20/2012 12:13 PM
Mike, if you claimed I raped a 12 year old, I had a friend say that i told him a raped a 12 year old (only to tell you later that he may have misremembered it), and there is odd statistical evidence that suggests a raped a 12 year old (i have no idea what that could be, but for the same of argument let's say that) then maybe I should have that tag on my neck, yes.
6/20/2012 12:15 PM

Even if you know you didn't rape a 12 year old?

Especially after you jumped thru every hoop that we, the public, demanded you jump thru to prove you didn't?

6/20/2012 12:24 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/20/2012 12:24:00 PM (view original):

Especially after you jumped thru every hoop that we, the public, demanded you jump thru to prove you didn't?

Does Clemens "know" he didn't use steroids?
6/20/2012 12:25 PM
I mentioned a theory a few years ago after reading "The Rocket that fell to earth".

I think he was working hard, just like always, and not getting the same results.
He tried something that allowed him to work harder(which is really all 'roids do).
After awhile, he began to believe that the lack of previous results was a mental issue.   That maybe he wasn't pushing himself hard enough.
Over time, he believes that what he took was nothing more than a placebo, or a B-12 shot, and that the results were simply him busting his ***.

Just another version of repeating the same lie so many times that you begin to believe it's the truth.    So I believe he believes that he took nothing that helped him physically.  He just needed the mental boost. 
6/20/2012 12:35 PM
So what?  I strongly believe that steroids are not a magic bullet and that their effects are vastly overstated, but Clemens' delusion isn't an excuse.  
6/20/2012 12:39 PM
What kind of dumbshit question is that?   You asked if Clemens "knew" he didn't take steroids, I responded that I think he "believes" he didn't.   And your response is "So what?"  

WTF is wrong with you?   Any further response in this thread before that question is answered will be redlined.   I just don't have any desire for your bullshit today.
6/20/2012 12:46 PM
Wait, your claim is that Clemens doesn't know he took steroids because he deluded himself into believing the steroids weren't making a difference?

6/20/2012 12:50 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/20/2012 12:24:00 PM (view original):

But I did rape a 12 year old.  The evidence supports that.  If I didn't, then my friend sucks for telling people I did, and what did I ever do to you to make you say that I did.  I thought we were cool.  That's ****** up.
6/20/2012 12:58 PM
Also Mike, even if he didnt think the steroids had that much of an effect, doesnt mean he didn't take them, and doesn't mean he was right in thinking they had no effect.
6/20/2012 12:59 PM
You're missing the point.  You refused to pay me some money after a long business relationship.   I've seen you in the company of 12 year olds and, well, that just seems odd to me, MichaelJackson483.   I'm a little ****** so I say you raped a 12 y/o.   You mentioned your friendship with a 12 year old to a friend, MichaelJackson483.    He kind of remembers something, maybe you raped a 12 y/o, maybe you showed them your peepee, he's not real sure but sure enough to not want to cover up something if you did it. 

As for what Clemens did or didn't do, or what he believes, I go back to repeating a story long enough to believe it's true.   There's enough truth in it to convince yourself that it's exactly what happened.   I'm sure that Clemens didn't buy 'roids.   His trainer did.    If McNamee didn't tell him exactly what he was injecting, if he injected anything other than B12, there's no reason for Clemens to believe it was 'roids unless he wanted to believe.  Quite honestly, and I'm sure we're all guilty of it in some way, not knowing everything gives us plausible deniability.
6/20/2012 1:49 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/20/2012 12:35:00 PM (view original):
I mentioned a theory a few years ago after reading "The Rocket that fell to earth".

I think he was working hard, just like always, and not getting the same results.
He tried something that allowed him to work harder(which is really all 'roids do).
After awhile, he began to believe that the lack of previous results was a mental issue.   That maybe he wasn't pushing himself hard enough.
Over time, he believes that what he took was nothing more than a placebo, or a B-12 shot, and that the results were simply him busting his ***.

Just another version of repeating the same lie so many times that you begin to believe it's the truth.    So I believe he believes that he took nothing that helped him physically.  He just needed the mental boost. 
Your argument is that Clemens didn't know he took steroids because he deluded himself into believing that the steroids weren't working.

Interesting.
6/20/2012 1:59 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/20/2012 12:46:00 PM (view original):
What kind of dumbshit question is that?   You asked if Clemens "knew" he didn't take steroids, I responded that I think he "believes" he didn't.   And your response is "So what?"  

WTF is wrong with you?   Any further response in this thread before that question is answered will be redlined.   I just don't have any desire for your bullshit today.
This.
6/20/2012 2:00 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...15 Next ▸
Clemens Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.