Rating the Red Sox Off Season Moves Topic

Bobby V out today........I will say that I don't dislike him and the idea of bringing in somebody to shake up the spoiled babies in the clubhouse was a decent one on the face of it---except the owners never actually let the spoiled babies get shaken up until it was far too late

I don't think he ever had a chance here, and while some of the problems here have nothing to do with him, some obviously do

whether he deserves a little blame or a lot of the blame, it is clear that he will never be part of the solution here, so he absolutely had to go......

Move 1: Fire Manager............A

GM Ben grade to date.............A
10/4/2012 1:56 PM
if move 2 is hire John Farrell, his grade is going to drop.....I don't understand why people around here are so gung ho for him to be next in line....
10/4/2012 1:58 PM
Because you just had Bobby V.   Who doesn't look like an upgrade?
10/4/2012 2:05 PM
WE WANT WALLY!

HE DOESN'T WANT TO GO TO VEGAS(METS NEW TRIPLEA AFFIL.)
10/4/2012 2:26 PM
Posted by edsortails on 10/4/2012 1:58:00 PM (view original):
if move 2 is hire John Farrell, his grade is going to drop.....I don't understand why people around here are so gung ho for him to be next in line....
If this involves making a trade to get him, that's ridiculous.  
10/4/2012 2:44 PM
I don't want Farrell.  Now that we had the dictator type Manager, it's time to bring in a "players" coach again.  
10/5/2012 10:50 AM

My money is on the Red Sox to hire virtually unknown "player's manager" Robbie Ballantine as their new manager:

10/5/2012 10:56 AM
They need a Joe Torre type.  A former Red Sox player that can relate to current players, but can still discipline guys and get respect from them when needed.  Torre had that because he was an outstanding player, so the guys who played for him respected him.  I think they should hire Jason Varitek, personally.
10/5/2012 11:50 AM
Yeah the "captain" did a good job controling the meatheads two years ago.
10/5/2012 10:20 PM
Farrell just got the job...
10/21/2012 12:05 AM
maybe he will be fine, but I just can't get excited about this guy....

Move 2:  Hire John Farrell     C

GM Ben grade to date:          B
10/21/2012 12:12 AM
I honestly don't know what Farrell's thinking. I get in general Boston is a more prestigious job, but the current rosters and circumstances both favour the Jays in my opinion. I think the Jays will have a far better season than the Sox next year.
10/21/2012 1:23 AM
DID BOSTON LOOK AT ANY MINORITIES?

OH, WAIT, IT'S BOSTON
10/21/2012 6:06 AM
Could have went back to Gene Lamont. He's kind of a minority, one of the few 3rd base coaches that holds the runner at 3rd on a home run. 
10/21/2012 9:12 AM
Posted by antoncresten on 10/21/2012 6:06:00 AM (view original):
DID BOSTON LOOK AT ANY MINORITIES?

OH, WAIT, IT'S BOSTON
Tony Pena interviewed....he was the frontrunner going in, but nobody could understand anything he said....so they had to look elsewhere
10/21/2012 4:08 PM
123456 Next ▸
Rating the Red Sox Off Season Moves Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.