A-Rod: Satan? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by winner77 on 9/5/2013 5:28:00 PM (view original):
From what most of you guys say, we can probably safely say roids did not help, and so we should ignore them.  I mean, the fact that McGwire was 260 pounds, Sosa was 245, Bonds was 240....heck, who cares? 

Cool, roids are fine.  Being huge/muscled up guy does not help with power.  We can all move on.  Great.

No, it goes back to this:

"Size and strength aren't the same thing."

9/5/2013 8:44 PM
BTW, look up what 'roids actually do.    It's the internet, use your search engine.
9/5/2013 8:45 PM
Posted by winner77 on 9/5/2013 5:34:00 PM (view original):
There are guys throughout history who had great power, but were not huge.  Mays, Aaron, Ted Williams, Griffey.....they are the TRUE home run hitters.  When you look at what McGwire did, and how he changed his body so much, it's obvious he was going to mis-hit balls and STILL get them over the fence.  Same with Sosa.  Same with Bonds. 
Mays and Aaron already admitted to using PEDs. I wouldn't be surprised if we found out that Griffey used steroids.
9/5/2013 9:04 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/5/2013 9:04:00 PM (view original):
There are guys throughout history who had great power, but were not huge.  Mays, Aaron, Ted Williams, Griffey.....they are the TRUE home run hitters.  When you look at what McGwire did, and how he changed his body so much, it's obvious he was going to mis-hit balls and STILL get them over the fence.  Same with Sosa.  Same with Bonds. 
Mays and Aaron already admitted to using PEDs. I wouldn't be surprised if we found out that Griffey used steroids.
Are we lumping greenies in with steroids now?
9/5/2013 10:15 PM

Fits the profile.  Just like Ripken.

9/5/2013 10:16 PM
Posted by winner77 on 9/5/2013 10:15:00 PM (view original):
Sure.  Do you not think having a little extra pep in your step helps you play baseball?
9/5/2013 10:17 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/5/2013 8:45:00 PM (view original):
BTW, look up what 'roids actually do.    It's the internet, use your search engine.
You argue everything.  Every forum I have ever posted in that you also posted in, yeah...you argue everything. 

My simple statement is/was that we do not see the huge and obvious roid guys like we used to.  I do not believe current players are using steroids, I believe they are using HGH and other  similar stuff that allows them to recover quicker and have more energy through the grind of a season.  What Braun and Rodriguez did IS cheating.  I just don't see it being nearly as blatant as Giambi, Bonds, McGwire and Sosa.  That is all.  You can argue it all day, but it's obvious that being 250 pounds of pure muscle has a lot of power benefits, as opposed to being 205 pounds like Braun is. 

9/5/2013 10:19 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/5/2013 10:32:00 PM (view original):
Fuckity, ****, ****.

Please, I beg you, look up what HGH and steroids do to the human body.   Please.
Crappity poop crap

Please, I beg YOU, **** off.

9/5/2013 10:36 PM
MAYO CLINIC - See Below - This is only part of the article.  Does this count as research?

The Mayo Clinic website seems to incorporate such studies where it states that "increase in muscle" caused by HGH "doesn't translate into increased strength."

This information, none of which is new, is a great surprise to me and seems to be under-reported. It suggests that many athletes are so determined to treat their bodies with substances or practices that promise them competitive advantage that they are easily duped by empty nostrums and medical charlatans who offer them not only useless hormone supplements but also such dubious techniques as "blood-spinning."

The connection between steroid-use and bodily harm has been well-observed. The performance-boost that many athletes have achieved with their help has been followed by various injuries and sometimes career-ending physical breakdowns. (Can anyone tell me where Carlos Delgado has gone since he almost single-handedly thrust the Mets into the 2008 National League East pennant race?) And now it appears that HGH can also cause harm without ever having offered the same benefit as steroids. The possible side-effects mentioned by the Mayo Clinic are not only joint and muscle pain but also swelling of the limbs, male breast-enlargement and possible contributions to diabetes and heart disease.

9/5/2013 10:39 PM
Performance enhancing illegal/prescription drugs. Yep, we are.
9/5/2013 11:03 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/5/2013 11:03:00 PM (view original):
Mkay, then WHY does any of this matter at all?  They all cheated.  They were either greenies, roids, HGH or god knows what other crap. 
9/5/2013 11:05 PM
That's why I don't get too worked up over steroids. Understand that were/are part of the game, punish the guys that violate the JDA, and get over it. Oh, and put Bonds/Clemens/Piazza etc in the Hall.
9/6/2013 12:17 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/5/2013 11:03:00 PM (view original):
Let's also lump in other stimulants, such as caffeine.

Coffee = PED?
9/6/2013 5:58 AM
Posted by winner77 on 9/5/2013 10:41:00 PM (view original):
MAYO CLINIC - See Below - This is only part of the article.  Does this count as research?

The Mayo Clinic website seems to incorporate such studies where it states that "increase in muscle" caused by HGH "doesn't translate into increased strength."

This information, none of which is new, is a great surprise to me and seems to be under-reported. It suggests that many athletes are so determined to treat their bodies with substances or practices that promise them competitive advantage that they are easily duped by empty nostrums and medical charlatans who offer them not only useless hormone supplements but also such dubious techniques as "blood-spinning."

The connection between steroid-use and bodily harm has been well-observed. The performance-boost that many athletes have achieved with their help has been followed by various injuries and sometimes career-ending physical breakdowns. (Can anyone tell me where Carlos Delgado has gone since he almost single-handedly thrust the Mets into the 2008 National League East pennant race?) And now it appears that HGH can also cause harm without ever having offered the same benefit as steroids. The possible side-effects mentioned by the Mayo Clinic are not only joint and muscle pain but also swelling of the limbs, male breast-enlargement and possible contributions to diabetes and heart disease.

So the Mayo Clinic is saying that an increase in muscle mass(which would lead to more of your all-important SIZE) doesn't create more strength?

Does that sound right to anyone?
9/6/2013 6:48 AM
◂ Prev 1...32|33|34|35|36...48 Next ▸
A-Rod: Satan? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.