New 3rd Jerseys for Cards in 2013 Topic

11/16/2012 1:58 PM
SOMONE POST THAT ROADKILL CARDINAL PIC!
11/16/2012 2:48 PM
That's sharp. Love the off white!
11/16/2012 6:39 PM
My Mariners badly need new uniforms, hats, major league talent, & ownership!
11/16/2012 6:40 PM
11/17/2012 2:57 PM
Posted by Bilfert on 11/16/2012 10:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Got_Worms on 11/16/2012 6:40:00 PM (view original):
My Mariners badly need new uniforms, hats, major league talent, & ownership!
You left out name, team colors and Ballpark.
Name=Has MLB ever allowd a franchise to change names other than when relocating?
Colors=New uniforms & hats should lead to this.  I'd like to see a navy blue/yellow color scheme similar to the Michigan Wolverines.
Ballpark=is always rated one of the top 5 in MLB so no complaints there.  They've improved acces over the past 2 years with direct on/off ramps to the major freeways right from the stadium parking garage.  They are little sensitive inside the park thought which is really stupid!  People have been kicked out for swearing.  If only they heard what was going on in th dugouts!
11/17/2012 3:18 PM
Houston Colt 45's------->Houston Astros
11/17/2012 3:45 PM
Team name changes while in the same city:

Boston Braves:  Were also called - Red Stockings / Beaneaters / Doves / Rustlers / Bees
Boston Red Sox:  also called - Americans
Chicago Cubs:  also called - White Stockings / Colts / Orphans
Cincinnati Reds:  also called - Red Stockings / Redlegs
Cleveland Indians:  also called - Blues / Bronchos / Naps
Houston Astros:  also called - Colt .45's
Brooklyn Dodgers:  also called - Atlantics / Grays / Bridegrooms / Grooms / Superbas / Robins
New York Yankees:  also called - Highlanders
Philadelphia Phillies:  also called - Quakers (and Blue Jays, according to WIS)
Pittsburgh Alleghenys:  also called - Alleghenys
St. Louis Cardinals:  also called - Brown Stockings / Browns / Perfectos

and of course, Tampa Bay dropped the word "Devil" from their name a few years back.

Granted, the two most recent of these changes were in 1965 (Colt .45's to Astros) and 1960 (when the Redstockings went back to being just the Reds), but it shows that it can and has been done before.

11/17/2012 3:48 PM
Oh & I forgot to mention this Bilfert, they are finally moving the fences in!!

<a href="http://seattletimes.com/html/marinersblog/2019323270_mariners_moving_fences_in_at_s.html">Mariners to move fences in</a>

11/17/2012 4:10 PM
New 3rd Jerseys for Cards in 2013 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.