Need Advice - Top MLB prospects Topic

I looking from advice from our baseball community.  I am in a dynasty fantasy baseball league that has just started this year.  We are about to enter our prospect draft.  Any player who has less than 150 career AB's or less than 50 career IP's is eligible to be drafted.  There are 20 teams in the league and we are going to draft 18 rounds.  That means we are going to get to bottom of the barrel on some of these prospects.  I have decent young pitching, so I am looking to draft prospects that can hit.  

Anyone got any suggestions?  Any advice will be helpful.  Anyone you think I should target to what round I should pick them at, or anything else would be appreciated.  
1/27/2013 2:35 PM
You're drafting 360 prospects? Like 12 per major league team? That is some seriously deep time-wasting prof! I don't know whether to be disgusted or impressed!

The Mets top guys are:

Zack Wheeler
Matt Harvey - oh wait 59 IPs in 2012 not eligible
Travis d'Arnaud
Jenrry Mejia - 55 ML IPs over 2 seasons not eligible

well OK two whole guys. Wow. Good frickin' luck.

1/27/2013 5:21 PM
Taveras from st loius
1/27/2013 10:44 PM
Aldaberto Mondesi.  17 year old SS in the Royals system.  Raul's son.  Getting ready to shoot up the prospect lists, like Profar did a couple of years ago.

Or do you only get to keep players each year that get over 50 IP or 150 AB?  Because he is unlikely to get any big league ABs this year.

A lot of teams have websites dedicated to prospects.  Royals website is called Pine Tar Press.
1/28/2013 9:40 AM
This is our initial draft.  We will draft and keep our prospects.  I have seen lots of lists out there, but am looking for any sleepers or advice like jonas1102.  Prospects that might be undervalued.
1/28/2013 3:41 PM

I'd probably look at BL teams needs and try to sort it out from there.

Gary Sanchez is a catcher in the Yanks system.   He can hit and is improving behind the plate.
Tyler Austin is their top OF prospect.

Then is gets a little shaky.  You know their staff is old.   Banueolos is recoverying from Tommy John.  He was a top pitching prospect.  You could probably grab him late since MiL stats won't matter.   Betances was supposed to be a world beater but he battled injuries too.  Another decent late round flyer.

1/28/2013 7:21 PM
Posted by mfahie on 1/27/2013 5:21:00 PM (view original):
You're drafting 360 prospects? Like 12 per major league team? That is some seriously deep time-wasting prof! I don't know whether to be disgusted or impressed!

The Mets top guys are:

Zack Wheeler
Matt Harvey - oh wait 59 IPs in 2012 not eligible
Travis d'Arnaud
Jenrry Mejia - 55 ML IPs over 2 seasons not eligible

well OK two whole guys. Wow. Good frickin' luck.

Deeper pick in Mets system would be Noah Syndergaard. Just 20, probably 3 years away, but there are some that think he was actually the best grab in the Dickey trade.
1/28/2013 7:28 PM
Dylan Bundy and Kevin Gausman for the Orioles - both project as top of the rotation guys and will get every shot to log innings in Baltimore starting midway through this season. Jonathan Schoop may be given a shot to play 2B as well this season.

Will Myers in Tampa should be a key piece there for a while.

Gerritt Cole in Pittsburgh.

1/28/2013 7:29 PM
Pretty sure none of those things had the depth to help him out at all...

For the Orioles, I think maybe our most undervalued guy in the farm system is Parker Bridwell.  I've seen him throw a few times, he has huge stuff, ace stuff.  Solid enough command to use it.  We also have a guy named Ty Kelly who never really impressed me too much in person but climbed from A-ball to AAA last year with a combined .425 OBP across 3 levels.  I doubt he's ever an impact player in the major leagues, but maybe not a bad flyer in the late prospect rounds.  IF/OF utility type.
2/6/2013 2:52 PM
REDS player would Be Billy Hamilton and P tony Cingrani, everyone knows about Hamilton, but Cingrani is a sleeper A lefty who throws in the nineties, both will be at Louisville.
2/17/2013 1:10 PM
Love the last name Bundy.  Hope the kid makes it.
3/1/2013 3:12 PM
Detroit: Nick Castellanos - OF. Was a 3B but behind Miggy. MLB.com rates him 21st best prospect 2013. 
3/6/2013 2:55 AM
Need Advice - Top MLB prospects Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.