LOL@Canada Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
ANd Mexico leads the US 2-0 after the top of the first.
3/8/2013 9:22 PM
I hope MLB somehow mandates participation in the future. Votto, a great player coming off an injury shortened season, can show up and play for his country, but guys like Dempster and Bedard have better things to do? Not saying they'd win it for Canada, but they're better than Sean Hill and Scott Mathieson.

And who knows - with the pitch limitations, Bedard might actually get through a start without injuring himself.
3/9/2013 11:30 AM
The US team is missing lots of talent but I would think a group of us could beat Italy. 
3/9/2013 1:30 PM
Leroux looks like a lumberjack. 
3/9/2013 3:07 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 3/9/2013 11:31:00 AM (view original):
I hope MLB somehow mandates participation in the future. Votto, a great player coming off an injury shortened season, can show up and play for his country, but guys like Dempster and Bedard have better things to do? Not saying they'd win it for Canada, but they're better than Sean Hill and Scott Mathieson.

And who knows - with the pitch limitations, Bedard might actually get through a start without injuring himself.
I dont. its an exibtion that means little. And how would you decide what is an okay reason to miss?

That said I wish this was played right after the playoffs. Then you would get pitchers who are able to throw longer instead of these pitch counts and if someone pulls a hamstring they dont miss any time.

3/9/2013 3:27 PM
Did I miss something? If a pitcher hits someone after a warning is issued, is the manager not ejected too? Why wasn't Mexico's manager tossed?

Leon is a tool. Reminded me of Kevin Gregg throwing at Ortiz a few years ago. If you can't hit him in the first two tries, move along. Aceves is a little ***** too - I'm glad he got a few shots laid on him. Some good punches thrown in that fight on both sides.

3/9/2013 6:31 PM

Mexico kicked Canada's *** in that fight.  

Canucks can't fight for ****.

3/9/2013 10:36 PM
Johnson had three guys take swings at him and still took Arredondo down and made him his *****.

I always find it funny though when the team who incites the brawl with a stupid decision is more ****** than the other team. Mexico should be tossed from the tournament for being dumbasses.

"Gee, I've missed him twice and just got a warning - I wonder if I can do this discretely"...*drills hitter in the back*..."Ah, ****."
3/9/2013 11:02 PM

The Mexicans wore their assea out.  Then the fans drilled their retard coach in the head when Leroux tried to taunt them.

Cancucks are teh dum.  

3/9/2013 11:51 PM
Canucks can also knock the two favoured teams in their pool out of the tournament with a win tomorrow.
3/10/2013 12:21 AM
All the managers expressed concern about the rules that govern WBC... Run differential could be a big factor in deciding who advances and who doesn't.  In 'regular' baseball the unwritten rule is when up by a lot late in the game, you don't hold runners on, you don't bunt (to move a runner or for a hit), you run the bases less aggresively..etc  You don't deliberately 'run up' the score.  BUT when run differential could be a factor...you have to!  Mexico's 3b Luis Cruz told Leon to hit the next batter. When he missed with his first 2 attempts, even with the umpire warning...you know Cruz repeated himself, this time with more force behind his voice.  

In the MLB..sure if a guy is stupid enough to break this rule..go for it.  In this case Cruz was completely and totally wrong.  I do understand feeling, I myself have gone high & tight on a guy who broke this rule.  But I've also played in tournaments where Runs For and Against matter, and in these cases players will break this code of conduct..while not liking it, I accept it because of the rules that are in play. 

And yes, Mexico's manager should have been tossed as well.  The umpires missed that one but that is understandable considering the melee and confusion of the whole incident.

Hope today's game between Canada & the U.S. is a good one. 
3/10/2013 12:03 PM
I'm not even bothered so much by the idea of retaliation as the 3 attempts it took. If you're not a good enough pitcher to hit a guy with your first pitch (or second), then give up. It just looked like a hissy fit on Mexico's part because they were on their way to a tournament-ending loss.
3/10/2013 12:35 PM
After missing the second time, Cruz's words were something a long the lines of "Don't try to hit him, HIT HIM!"   His first 2 attempts were just total bush league crap.  Either hit him or don't..

Yea, you know rules (or at least should know them) and realize that while not liking it, WBC rules require teams to run up the score..There is a mercy rule in effect!

3/10/2013 12:45 PM
FWIW, Canada should have been happy.   Mexico gave them another baserunner and advanced the one that was already on into scoring position.

Cancucks are teh dum.  
3/10/2013 1:09 PM
123 Next ▸
LOL@Canada Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.