Thanks for your generous donation Matt! Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
If he said he was donating $1 million per homerun it would be slightly less humiliating!
5/21/2013 9:10 AM

Yeah, he should be ashamed...

5/21/2013 9:18 AM
So, to be clear, you guys are mocking someone giving to charity because you think he should give more?

5/21/2013 9:21 AM
To be clear, I'm mocking Got_Worms for mocking someone for giving to charity because he thinks he should give more.
5/21/2013 9:22 AM
OK, that's better.
5/21/2013 9:24 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/21/2013 9:21:00 AM (view original):
So, to be clear, you guys are mocking someone giving to charity because you think he should give more?

I'm not mocking him.  I'm challenging him to give more because seriously, $1000 per home run is not even a blip on his financial balance sheet when he makes $123,000 per game!
5/21/2013 9:57 AM
No, you're mocking him, unless you have any reason to believe he will ever see this "challenge."
5/21/2013 10:03 AM
A couple things.

1) Matt would probably be better off writing a check for $10K and be done with it. He's struggling to hit for power this year, so if he only hits a few more homers before the All Star break, it doesn't look great.

2) Nobody knows what other charities Kemp donates to. Maybe he donates a mil a year to various charities. To suggest that someone isn't giving enough, when he could easily do what most players are doing and give nothing, is pretty ******.
5/21/2013 10:12 AM
As CBSSports.com's Matt Snyder notes, Kemp has been extensively involved in charity work throughout his career, including the creation of Kemp's Kids and having a charity stipulation in his contract that donates $250,000 annually to the Dodgers Dream Foundation.
5/21/2013 10:22 AM
2 things
1. Everyone has a budget, even a ML ball player
2. Charity, unless you are actively fundraising, should be anonymous.
5/21/2013 10:29 AM
2.  Sometimes drawing attention to a charity is worth more than donating anonymously.    But I do agree with your premise.

But, anyway, I'm not donating anything to this fund.  Not because it's not worthy but because it's not my "cause".   So Kemp, if he only hits one homer, will donate far more than I will. 
5/21/2013 11:09 AM
Not to sound heartless, but
You live in tornado alley, you expect tornadoes.
You live in a flood plain, you expect floods.
You live on a fault line, you expect earthquakes.

Am I wrong?
5/21/2013 11:29 AM
1|2|3...9 Next ▸
Thanks for your generous donation Matt! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.