Thanks for your generous donation Matt! Topic

Posted by deathinahole on 5/21/2013 1:33:00 PM (view original):
Yea, that's not insurance, that's search and rescue, and that was a clown show.

Again, can only go with what I know and see, and there should be a lot of claims adjusters there doing the most important up front, and that's to get policy holders sheltered, clothed and fed.
I'm sure those people needed food and shelter.  Which you said was covered by insurance.   Nonetheless, they were more likely to get help from some dude in his paddleboat than they were from Allstate. 

Again, I'm not saying insurance companies don't try but, with a large scale disaster, they can only help a specific number of people.   The Red Cross mobilized help better than FEMA and Allstate. 
5/21/2013 2:16 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
FWIW - Kevin Durant just donated $1 million to the Red Cross.
5/21/2013 2:46 PM
Did he make fun of Matt Kemp when he did it?
5/21/2013 3:08 PM
He should have.  Matt Kemp grandstanded to make a donation roughly equal to our pocket change.  Kevin Durant gave about 5% of his salary.
5/21/2013 3:11 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/21/2013 2:16:00 PM (view original):

Again, can only go with what I know and see, and there should be a lot of claims adjusters there doing the most important up front, and that's to get policy holders sheltered, clothed and fed.
I'm sure those people needed food and shelter.  Which you said was covered by insurance.   Nonetheless, they were more likely to get help from some dude in his paddleboat than they were from Allstate. 

Again, I'm not saying insurance companies don't try but, with a large scale disaster, they can only help a specific number of people.   The Red Cross mobilized help better than FEMA and Allstate. 
You want a lot for your premium.

I'll float the we should do search and rescue idea by head office.
5/21/2013 3:11 PM
The Red Cross, FEMA, and insurance companies should have teams ready to go.  There are tornadoes EVERY ******* YEAR.  There are hurricanes EVERY ******* YEAR.  It's not like we've had a year without one or the other.  There's really no excuse not to have teams queued up (kinda like we have office people designated as Emergency Response Teams) and ready to fly to these areas.
5/21/2013 3:14 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 5/21/2013 3:11:00 PM (view original):
He should have.  Matt Kemp grandstanded to make a donation roughly equal to our pocket change.  Kevin Durant gave about 5% of his salary.
You call it grandstanding, he'd probably call it "creating awareness" or "encouraging others to donate."
5/21/2013 3:15 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 5/21/2013 3:11:00 PM (view original):
He sent out one tweet.  You have a very low bar for grandstanding.
5/21/2013 3:16 PM
Posted by deathinahole on 5/21/2013 3:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/21/2013 2:16:00 PM (view original):

You want a lot for your premium.

I'll float the we should do search and rescue idea by head office.
I'm just saying that I'd need food, shelter and water if I was stranded on my roof.   If my insurance pays for it, then get the **** out there and give me money's worth.  You came in here all "No, no, no!!  Insurance companies are on the front line after a disaster!!"   I say "Bullshit."   Insurance companies are designed to make money, as well they should be, not be first responders.   They don't care if my body is quickly pulled from the rubble.   Red Cross volunteers do.
5/21/2013 3:18 PM
So far we have 'tardcomm and gotworms in the "GIVE MORE YOU CHEAP BASTARD" corner.
death is in the "**** 'em.   They chose to live in Tornado County" corner.

And everyone else seems sane.
5/21/2013 3:20 PM
Fair statement.
But they are still front line. Difference is twofold;
1. They are focused on their customers only
2. They are trained to settle claims, not rescue people

If you want the search and rescue rider, that'll be extra.
5/21/2013 3:23 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/21/2013 3:20:00 PM (view original):
So far we have 'tardcomm and gotworms in the "GIVE MORE YOU CHEAP BASTARD" corner.
death is in the "**** 'em.   They chose to live in Tornado County" corner.

And everyone else seems sane.
I DIDN'T SAY THAT!!!!!

****!!!!!!!
5/21/2013 3:24 PM
Well, you led with "You live in tornado alley, you expect tornados" and quickly moved on to "Not a worthy charity."

YGWYD

5/21/2013 3:25 PM
NO ONE IS GONNA SEARCH AND RESCUE DEATH IN THIS THREAD!!!!!
5/21/2013 3:27 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...9 Next ▸
Thanks for your generous donation Matt! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.