Hate the Peavy Deal Topic

His best years were in San Diego, which...well, your grandma pitches well there.

Not that Iglesias is a big loss, but that kid can field the baseball like a sonofabitch.
7/31/2013 12:32 AM
he was in San Diego as recently as 2009.....you act like it was an eternity ago

also, he was an all star last year......not exactly washed up, in my book and also under contract for next season which could turn into a plus

everyone kind of likes the idea of having a magic glove at SS, and Jose certainly has that, but really this just opens the door for X to be the future...and I like that idea better than any other
7/31/2013 12:40 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Agreed!
7/31/2013 6:38 AM
Yes! Pain to others!

On its face, I wouldn't love it either. But you have prospect depth at SS with Boegarts. So you can make this kind of trade.
7/31/2013 7:12 AM
like the trade - if middlebrooks comes up and struggles at the plate again - lets try bogaerts there ala Manny Machado - for this season.
7/31/2013 7:19 AM
iglesias cant hit for ****. the sux stole peavy
7/31/2013 8:38 AM
I approve this deal.
7/31/2013 8:42 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Uncle Ben has had a pretty darn good last 12 months......
7/31/2013 8:59 AM
Posted by edsortails on 7/31/2013 12:40:00 AM (view original):

also, he was an all star last year......not exactly washed up, in my book and also under contract for next season which could turn into a plus

everyone kind of likes the idea of having a magic glove at SS, and Jose certainly has that, but really this just opens the door for X to be the future...and I like that idea better than any other
So... one good year in the last 5.  Sweet!

He's averaged 16 starts a year in the last 5 years!  Hooray!  (About a million a start?  Not bad...)

4 years of 1 WAR, one year of 5 WAR!  Which one is the Outlier?  WOOO

Plus, he's a flyball pitcher.  You can get away with that at old Petco because that's where fly balls go to die.  At Comiskey (or whatever its called now) and Fenway, fly balls have a habit of leaving the yard or bouncing off the wall.  If he's off his game in the slightest, he doesn't have the 'give' he could have at Petco.  

That's all.  I don't see this as being an extremely awesome acquisition.

I'm glad they didn't give up much - I just wish they'd tried to make it happen with their prospect depth.  Show some stones.

7/31/2013 9:12 AM
Posted by antoncresten on 7/31/2013 8:57:00 AM (view original):

SHOCKER

pervert
7/31/2013 11:55 AM
yes?
7/31/2013 1:29 PM
Posted by edsortails on 7/31/2013 8:59:00 AM (view original):
Uncle Ben has had a pretty darn good last 12 months......
ye spelled 'good/lucky' wrong
7/31/2013 1:29 PM
Posted by nanu on 7/31/2013 9:12:00 AM (view original):
Posted by edsortails on 7/31/2013 12:40:00 AM (view original):

So... one good year in the last 5.  Sweet!

He's averaged 16 starts a year in the last 5 years!  Hooray!  (About a million a start?  Not bad...)

4 years of 1 WAR, one year of 5 WAR!  Which one is the Outlier?  WOOO

Plus, he's a flyball pitcher.  You can get away with that at old Petco because that's where fly balls go to die.  At Comiskey (or whatever its called now) and Fenway, fly balls have a habit of leaving the yard or bouncing off the wall.  If he's off his game in the slightest, he doesn't have the 'give' he could have at Petco.  

That's all.  I don't see this as being an extremely awesome acquisition.

I'm glad they didn't give up much - I just wish they'd tried to make it happen with their prospect depth.  Show some stones.

They did use their prospect depth.....Jose's tear in May & June inflated his value a bit.  They've got 3 prospects at 3b/ss in the pipeline right now, that they apparently feel are better/can do the job.  

7/31/2013 3:19 PM
12 Next ▸
Hate the Peavy Deal Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.