Posted by sergei91 on 7/31/2013 1:29:00 PM (view original):
yes?
cum rubs me feet.
7/31/2013 4:29 PM
Posted by bottomlee on 7/31/2013 3:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by nanu on 7/31/2013 9:12:00 AM (view original):
Posted by edsortails on 7/31/2013 12:40:00 AM (view original):
he was in San Diego as recently as 2009.....you act like it was an eternity ago

also, he was an all star last year......not exactly washed up, in my book and also under contract for next season which could turn into a plus

everyone kind of likes the idea of having a magic glove at SS, and Jose certainly has that, but really this just opens the door for X to be the future...and I like that idea better than any other
So... one good year in the last 5.  Sweet!

He's averaged 16 starts a year in the last 5 years!  Hooray!  (About a million a start?  Not bad...)

4 years of 1 WAR, one year of 5 WAR!  Which one is the Outlier?  WOOO

Plus, he's a flyball pitcher.  You can get away with that at old Petco because that's where fly balls go to die.  At Comiskey (or whatever its called now) and Fenway, fly balls have a habit of leaving the yard or bouncing off the wall.  If he's off his game in the slightest, he doesn't have the 'give' he could have at Petco.  

That's all.  I don't see this as being an extremely awesome acquisition.

I'm glad they didn't give up much - I just wish they'd tried to make it happen with their prospect depth.  Show some stones.

They did use their prospect depth.....Jose's tear in May & June inflated his value a bit.  They've got 3 prospects at 3b/ss in the pipeline right now, that they apparently feel are better/can do the job.  

Fair enough, but iglesias is cheap as all get out for the next many years and can hoover up those grounders like a champ. He's got ML value even as a pissy scrub.

And sorry, I meant to say I wish they'd plugged pitching holes with their prospect depth. How many good MLers has boston dealt away qhen they were prospects, with limited return? A ton, nancy. A ton.
7/31/2013 5:19 PM
It's a decent deal for the Sox I believe.  Okay, so Iglesias can field...so could Rey Ordonez.  Iglesias has never hit at any level before this season, which is strange.  He worked out w/Pedroia this off-season, etc etc

They got a decent arm for a middling SS they don't need.  I'd have liked him at 3B because Middlebrooks is a sh!tsack, but I'd rather have Peavy.  With Holt or whomever manning 3B for the time being.
7/31/2013 6:06 PM
I immediately thought of this:

Jeff Suppan

July 31, 2003: Traded by the Pittsburgh Pirates with Brandon Lyon and Anastacio Martinez to the Boston Red Sox for Mike Gonzalez, Freddy Sanchez and cash.

Though I hold Peavy with higher regard than I did Suppan at the time. 

That turned out to be a bad one for Boston, but I'll venture a guess and say Iglesias won't turn into a batting champ any time soon.

7/31/2013 6:16 PM
Posted by 05nomar05 on 7/31/2013 4:29:00 PM (view original):
yes?
cum rubs me feet.
now?
8/1/2013 9:14 AM
Posted by sergei91 on 8/1/2013 9:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by 05nomar05 on 7/31/2013 4:29:00 PM (view original):
yes?
cum rubs me feet.
now?
Yes.
8/1/2013 12:24 PM
*cums*
*rubs nosemah's piggies*
8/1/2013 12:26 PM
If Iglesias hits .240 but is a total vacuum at SS for the next 10+ years the deal is SOLID for Detroit. OF's are a dime a dozen but a glove like Iggy has shown at SS doesn't come along that often. Detroit has Castellanos as a future LF and considering the Peralta situation I think it's nothing short of an A+ deal for Detroit, even though Garcia went to a division rival after all was said and done. It's a very good deal for the Bosox as well. You try to win when you have the chance, and Boston has a chance this year. Peavy, even at his worst, is FAR better than what Boston has been throwing out there on the 4th or 5th day all year.
8/1/2013 5:23 PM
Ben Cherington did something just in case the butter- soft Clay Buccholz won't be back. It never hurts to add a veteran arm and supposedly Baltimore wanted him pretty badly as well. When Duquette's talks with Chicago broke down, he grabbed Bud Norris from Houston.

This is a good move.
8/22/2013 5:57 PM
You a little late to the party there catch???
8/23/2013 12:17 AM
Posted by rsp777 on 8/23/2013 12:17:00 AM (view original):
You a little late to the party there catch???
Yes, just a little bit... 
8/23/2013 6:44 PM
◂ Prev 12
Hate the Peavy Deal Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.