Jack Clark - Jose Canseco Jr.? Topic

Jack Clark seems to have dirt on a lot of guys, namely Pujols and Verlander. 

www.baseballnation.com/2013/8/9/4605394/jack-clark-steroids-drugs-albert-pujols-justin-verlander-shawn-green

8/9/2013 5:54 PM
JACKASS CLARK= FIRED?
8/10/2013 2:24 PM
I hope Pujols sues him for all he's worth. Not sure if Pujols is innocent or not, but this is how an innocent player SHOULD respond.
8/10/2013 2:47 PM
Yeah.  That worked well for Clemens.
8/11/2013 9:08 AM
In baseball today, everyone is under suspicion. I (personally) believe Clark, but it means nothing.
8/21/2013 2:18 PM
Posted by catcher_50 on 8/21/2013 2:18:00 PM (view original):
In baseball today, everyone is under suspicion. I (personally) believe Clark, but it means nothing.
Well, even if we assume Clark was telling the truth, you can't go public with something like that unless you have some sort of proof.  The PEDs in baseball need to be cleaned up, I think most fans agree with that fact.  That said, it can easily turn into a witch hunt.  He is messing with someone's legacy, career & reputation.  He needs a lot more than "So and so told me this or that", especially when that so and so comes back immediately and denies he ever told Clark anything like that.
8/26/2013 5:15 PM
Posted by winner77 on 8/26/2013 5:15:00 PM (view original):
Well, even if we assume Clark was telling the truth, you can't go public with something like that unless you have some sort of proof.  The PEDs in baseball need to be cleaned up, I think most fans agree with that fact.  That said, it can easily turn into a witch hunt.  He is messing with someone's legacy, career & reputation.  He needs a lot more than "So and so told me this or that", especially when that so and so comes back immediately and denies he ever told Clark anything like that.
I absolutely agree with what you are saying but the problem here is not the fans but about the writers who will vote for these players down the road when they have to.
It is a witch hunt, but it's not (at least in this case...) unwarranted given the events of recent memory. The Alex Rodriguez fiasco has only inflamed this.
Clark may have been out- of- line when he said this, but he did lose his job, for what that's worth, and his message was clearly received not only by the fans but the national media- which, as usual, took the story and ran with it.

I have to add that I am a Cardinals fan and always had an admiration for Pujols, but again in this day and age everyone is fair game to these accusations and scrutiny.
I do, however, find it rather odd that the Angels have decided to shut him down for the season just as the Biogenesis suspensions went down. It's just a little bit to convenient.
9/3/2013 9:31 AM
Posted by catcher_50 on 9/3/2013 9:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by winner77 on 8/26/2013 5:15:00 PM (view original):
I absolutely agree with what you are saying but the problem here is not the fans but about the writers who will vote for these players down the road when they have to.
It is a witch hunt, but it's not (at least in this case...) unwarranted given the events of recent memory. The Alex Rodriguez fiasco has only inflamed this.
Clark may have been out- of- line when he said this, but he did lose his job, for what that's worth, and his message was clearly received not only by the fans but the national media- which, as usual, took the story and ran with it.

I have to add that I am a Cardinals fan and always had an admiration for Pujols, but again in this day and age everyone is fair game to these accusations and scrutiny.
I do, however, find it rather odd that the Angels have decided to shut him down for the season just as the Biogenesis suspensions went down. It's just a little bit to convenient.
But by your logic you can randomly accuse whomever you want.  Clark is blathering on about something to which he has no proof.  He said some guy told him something, then that guy immediately and emphatically denies it.  Ok, well....what else you got Clark?  Nothin?  Ok, then prepare to be sued. 
9/5/2013 11:02 PM
No question that Clark stepped over the line and was dead wrong- absolutely no question. But I also think that he definitely tossed up a few "red flags" and many pricked up their ears when he said it and some writer (in whatever market...) will begin to dig on his own. If said writer finds nothing- then great, case closed but if Pujols name should come up on some other list of names in, say a year or two from now, then things will be quite different.
Either way, Clark set out and did what he wanted to do- and at this point he probably doesn't care about lawsuits.

9/7/2013 6:49 PM
Puljos is a dirty cheater. Probably 5 years older than he claims too.
9/8/2013 9:53 PM
Jack Clark - Jose Canseco Jr.? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.