World Seriezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Topic

Wake me up when it's over.
10/20/2013 8:58 PM
Most exciting:

Votes: 35
(Last vote received: 11/18/2013 7:39 PM)
10/20/2013 9:00 PM

Let's enjoy 5 hour 9 inning games as every hitter on both teams works the count so that each starting pitcher has thrown 100 pitches by inning number 4.

10/21/2013 6:08 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Come on guys this is a rematch of 2004 & 1967 & 1946 when Ted Williams & Stan Musial faced off against one another.  These are two of the most storied franchises in baseball.

I think Fox executives were secretly hoping for a Dodgers-Red Sox WS however!
10/21/2013 8:04 AM
I'm surprised at the poor showing from paint drying.
10/21/2013 8:04 AM
I'm into it. I love October baseball. It's been a fantastic year of playoffs so far, with tons of great pitching and clutch hitting.

You cynical bastards can go cry in the corner.

10/21/2013 8:15 AM
what matchups would be a better Series?

(of course I mean from the teams that actually played well enough in the regular season to qualify for the post season)

and before you just blindly say 'anybody but the Red Sox'.....would you seriously rather see Tampa or Oakland?
10/21/2013 9:07 AM
It should be a good series, I'm just selfish and want to see different teams.  I'd root hard for Oakland if they made it in.
10/21/2013 9:12 AM
and I don't understand anyone not wanting the Cardinals to do well.....everyone wrote them off when they let Pujols walk, yet with a great farm and good front office decisions, here they are again...

anyone that rails against teams like the Yankees buying success should absolutely be on the Cardinals bandwagon for the way they do business (not that they are a penny pinching franchise)
10/21/2013 9:12 AM
Posted by edsortails on 10/21/2013 9:12:00 AM (view original):
and I don't understand anyone not wanting the Cardinals to do well.....everyone wrote them off when they let Pujols walk, yet with a great farm and good front office decisions, here they are again...

anyone that rails against teams like the Yankees buying success should absolutely be on the Cardinals bandwagon for the way they do business (not that they are a penny pinching franchise)
It's the "best fans in baseball" image they give.  Bullshit. 
10/21/2013 9:16 AM
We have this to look forward to with the WS . . . every game is one game closer to the end of Timbo McCarver's announcing career.
10/21/2013 9:59 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 10/21/2013 9:16:00 AM (view original):
Posted by edsortails on 10/21/2013 9:12:00 AM (view original):

It's the "best fans in baseball" image they give.  Bullshit. 

But why hold that against the team?  It's not their or the Cardinal fans' fault that announcers and visiting ballplayers are the ones putting that out there (and they do say it rather consistently).  Hate the announcers (which most of us do) and hate the visiting ballplayers but why hate the franchise?  Even if I wasn't a "homer", I'd admire the way they go about their business.

10/21/2013 11:35 AM
1|2|3...7 Next ▸
World Seriezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.