Tulo to Cards? Topic

Bleacher report is suggesting Tulowitzki could go to St. Louis for a handful of players including Shelby Miller and Matt Adams. Seems a high price.
11/11/2013 7:59 PM
Cardinals have the depth to pull this trade off!
11/11/2013 8:15 PM
Yes they do. I just don't know if paying it is worth the risk with Tulo's injury history.
11/11/2013 8:27 PM
I can see them trading Lance Lynn and someone for Andrus.  He is younger, better defensively and is OWED much less.  Plus he would give speed at top of lineup.

Shelby isnt getting traded and Adams is playing 1B as Craig will be the backup for Beltran leaving.  

Tulo will be playing 3B somewhere in 2 years.  They need a SS.
11/11/2013 10:25 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Rumours of Hardy and prospects to St. Louis for Freese and Lynn/Miller (depending on prospects). Not sure how much traction it has, but good deal for both sides.
11/13/2013 2:20 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/13/2013 1:58:00 PM (view original):
Rockies say bullshit. 

Anybody know why someone thinks Andrus is available?    Did I stumble into a Red Sux thread where everyone thinks other teams are dying to trade them their best for scraps?
From rotoworld.com a week ago:

According to MLB.com's T.R. Sullivan, the Rangers will listen to offers for their three middle infielders.
Sullivan writes specifically that the Texas front office has "let other teams know they are willing to at least talk about one of their middle infielders -- Elvis Andrus, Ian Kinsler or Jurickson Profar -- in any trade discussions that come up this offseason." The Cardinals are among the many major league clubs seeking help at shortstop this winter, and both Andrus and Profar can play the position. The Rangers' phones will be ringing. Nov 6 - 5:48 PM
11/13/2013 2:46 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 11/13/2013 2:20:00 PM (view original):
Rumours of Hardy and prospects to St. Louis for Freese and Lynn/Miller (depending on prospects). Not sure how much traction it has, but good deal for both sides.

Unless you're the Cardinals and the deal includes Miller.

11/13/2013 7:53 PM
It would depend on the level of prospects. I don't expect they'd give Miller away. I don't even know if it's more than a one-off rumour, but it makes sense for both sides to explore.
11/13/2013 10:41 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/13/2013 1:58:00 PM (view original):
Rockies say bullshit. 

Anybody know why someone thinks Andrus is available?    Did I stumble into a Red Sux thread where everyone thinks other teams are dying to trade them their best for scraps?
Yeah, I heard that on the radio yesterday morning. Like I said originally, it was a rumor from www.bleacherreport.com and I felt that I offered skepticism of the trade's merits in the OP.

11/14/2013 7:12 AM
My comment was directed at "We should get Andrus".
11/14/2013 7:59 AM
Posted by trsnoke on 11/13/2013 7:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 11/13/2013 2:20:00 PM (view original):

Unless you're the Cardinals and the deal includes Miller.

Only "rumor" I heard was that the Cardinals asked O's brass about Hardy for Lynn, Duquette said he'd only do it for Miller, and the Cards laughed and hung up the phone.  Doesn't make sense for both sides at all - Orioles don't have an in-house replacement for Hardy (they could move Machado to SS, but then they don't have a 3B, so the problem isn't really fixed).  It makes far more sense for the Rockies, who probably aren't playoff contenders next year and can play some glove-only guy at short, or Rangers, who have two potential starters at SS, to trade a guy to the Cardinals than it does for Baltimore.
11/14/2013 4:21 PM
Tulo to Cards? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.