See ya in 2015 Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
1)  I don't understand why so many people in these forums can't seem to grasp that the A-Rod case goes way beyond the JDA, and that is why the length of the suspension doesn't fit with what other players who have been punished by offenses that were solely JDA related.

2)  Since A-Rod is part of the MLBPA, which has collectively bargained both the CBA and the JDA with baseball, I think that only the MLBPA would have the standing to try to bring this to federal court.  Much like how the Prop-8 appeal in California was dismissed by SCOTUS last year, I don't believe that A-Rod would have standing as an individual member of the MLBPA to try to bring this to a federal court.
1/12/2014 8:28 PM
I don't believe there's a chance in hell this ever goes to court, for the reasons I've already stated.

Let's not lose sight that this was an independent arbitrator that made this decision.  The general belief among a number of people that I listened to today is that MLB must have tons of damning evidence against him for this suspension to stick.

Plus, why do you think that A-Rod refused to testify in his own hearing, instead deciding to play the role of drama queen, throw a laughable hissy fit, and walk out?  If he is as innocent as he claims to be, he should be itching to get on the witness stand, tell his version of the "facts", and point his fingers at all those who are persecuting him.  

But in the end, he doesn't want to testify under oath about what he did, and he never will.
1/12/2014 10:03 PM (edited)

He's getting punished under both the JDA and the CBA.  While the JDA has very specific "rules"(i.e. number of games) for punishment for JDA offenses, I'm not aware of any such rules for CBA discipline.

If he thinks he can get on the stand and have any testimony confined to JDA violations only, I think he's in for a big surprise.

1/13/2014 5:56 AM
If you watched 60 minutes last night, you know they have tons of evidence that he was on a PED program. 
1/13/2014 9:00 AM
I want to hear more about what ARod did to obstruct MLB's investigation.  Because really, it's 50 games + 112+postseason for whatever "extra" he did.  I would hope it's significant.  I didn't watch 60 minutes but there was something along the lines of also trying to persuade Bosch to go to Colombia.

FWIW - Hypothetical - if my employer drug-tested every so often, and the punishment for marijuana/minor drug use was something along the lines of probation or a dock in pay or something somewhat negative, and I went and obstructed their drug-testing investigation by buying documents or evidence against me, and my employer knew it, of course my punishment would be much more severe than if I just owned up to it in the first place.  Generally, when you **** off your employer, they don't like it very much.  Now, if I had a strong union protecting me, I could fight it, which is what ARod has, but they seem to want to distance themselves from him.
1/13/2014 11:42 AM
Isn't it possible that MLB has a shitload of evidence against ARod?

Every account that I've heard says that they do.  The only person who is claiming that they don't is ARod.
1/13/2014 12:00 PM
I'd like to hear about it.  Evidence of tampering with the investigation, I'm assuming you mean.
1/13/2014 12:06 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/13/2014 9:00:00 AM (view original):
If you watched 60 minutes last night, you know they have tons of evidence that he was on a PED program. 
If you believe that 60 minutes segment was anything other than an MLB PR piece, I have a bridge to sell you.
1/13/2014 12:10 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 1/13/2014 12:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/13/2014 9:00:00 AM (view original):
If you believe that 60 minutes segment was anything other than an MLB PR piece, I have a bridge to sell you.
So everything in that segment was fabricated?
1/13/2014 12:14 PM
Did I say that?
1/13/2014 12:15 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...9 Next ▸
See ya in 2015 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.