RIP CURT SCHILLING Topic

Posted by edsortails on 4/28/2016 1:51:00 AM (view original):
so then you would be fine if your employer saw that post and fired you because they didn't like you calling Schilling an idiot?
sure, but my employer doesn't care if call Schilling an idiot. He may not even know who Schilling is. Also, I do not have a clause in my contract regarding behavior detrimental to the company.
4/28/2016 6:06 PM
I bet, if you had a Facebook page detailing your exploits with underage boys, you'd be fired regardless of any clauses in your contract.

Schilling was fired because he had a conservative viewpoint. An unpopular viewpoint. Had he ripped NC for the law that was passed, he'd be employed.
4/28/2016 7:25 PM
He should sue for $75 million. Fired because he is a Repug.
4/28/2016 7:36 PM
False. ESPN would have fired him just as quickly for espousing radical and inflammatory far-left positions.
4/28/2016 7:40 PM
You have proof of this?
4/28/2016 8:57 PM
Jamele Hill, Stephen A. Smith, Tony Kornheiser, Rob Parker, the list goes on and on of all of those liberals getting fired by ESPN....

wait, none of them were fired???

o
4/28/2016 9:07 PM
When did any of those people say or do anything remotely as inflammatory as any of about 5 things Schilling has done in the past 2 years? Even you are smart enough and aware enough to realize this if you just try to turn on your brain for half a second.
4/28/2016 10:48 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 4/28/2016 7:40:00 PM (view original):
False. ESPN would have fired him just as quickly for espousing radical and inflammatory far-left positions.
Do you believe what Schilling posted on his Facebook page was a radical and inflammatory far-right position?
4/29/2016 11:18 AM
4/29/2016 11:19 AM
This particular one was not so far right (compared to, say, his anti-Muslim stuff in the past). But it's certainly inflammatory. It's intentionally inflammatory. It's got a red DIE!!! on it.
4/29/2016 11:34 AM
I don't know that it's all that inflammatory. It addresses intolerance of a differing opinion. Both the left and right are guilty of doing it but the right is painted as narrow-minded when they disagree with a lefty stance.

FWIW, I don't want that dude in the men's bathroom either.
4/29/2016 11:37 AM
I'll add that Lebatard is as far left, and inflammatory, as Schilling is on the right. I imagine the people raucous listed are far left also(I don't watch/listen to any of them but my radio is set on ESPN so I get plenty of Lebatard).

Again, if Schilling posted something roasting NC for passing their law, he still has a job.
4/29/2016 11:40 AM
There is no evidence that the Disney Corporation has a strong political stance. They have minimal political donations and split them between candidates from both parties who have supported them in some way in the past. Also, I don't see how you could possibly argue that the image is not inflammatory. I guess we're just gonna have to agree to disagree on this one.
4/29/2016 11:58 AM
Schilling is, and always has been, a massive idiot.

If he actually believed that he could post what he posted and that there wouldn't be consequences, he deserved to be fired for stupidity alone.
4/29/2016 12:31 PM
FWIW, I don't think this is nearly bad enough to get him fired as a first offense. But I'm sure that after he was suspended for basically the last 2 months of the season last year he was on a zero-tolerance policy. Even if that wasn't explicitly communicated to him - which seems extraordinarily unlikely - it was pretty clearly implied. I think this is easily bad enough to get him fired when he was already on such thin ice.
4/29/2016 1:17 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...9 Next ▸
RIP CURT SCHILLING Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.