Derek Jeter's Last Stand Topic

I hope Derek Jeter gets nailed in the face with a ground ball so we can rehash this later.
3/11/2014 2:04 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/11/2014 1:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/11/2014 10:51:00 AM (view original):
Posted by 05nomar05 on 3/11/2014 10:45:00 AM (view original):
Wow...comparing your softball games to Miggy and the MLB.  Congrats on the losing the argument.

Can't believe this is still going on....what a joke.
Another ignorant *******.

It really wasn't the point.    I was simply pointing out that people, even those of considerably less athletic ability, can avoid getting hit the face with a batted ball.
This.
OK.

And why were you able to avoid getting hit in the face?

Was it because you can react faster than Cabrera? If that's not it, then why?
3/11/2014 2:04 PM
Burn
3/11/2014 2:09 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 3/11/2014 2:04:00 PM (view original):
Wow...comparing your softball games to Miggy and the MLB.  Congrats on the losing the argument.

It really wasn't the point.    I was simply pointing out that people, even those of considerably less athletic ability, can avoid getting hit the face with a batted ball.
This.
OK.

Don't know.  You'll have to ask him.    Math sez the ball gets to both of us in about the same time.    Do you have some math skilz that tells us something different?   If so, show your work.   I quoted a couple of articles on exit speed/distance covered.   You don't seem to disagree with either of them yet you don't seem to think it's possible that my old ***(and pretty much anyone who's ever picked up a glove) can adjust and take it off the chest while Miggy has to get it in the face.

Maybe he just doesn't mind getting hit in the face.
3/11/2014 4:08 PM
If that's too much, just explain how I can hit a softball 300 ft when the exit speed is sub 60 MPH. 
3/11/2014 4:09 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/11/2014 4:08:00 PM (view original):

This.
OK.

Don't know.  You'll have to ask him.    Math sez the ball gets to both of us in about the same time.    Do you have some math skilz that tells us something different?   If so, show your work.   I quoted a couple of articles on exit speed/distance covered.   You don't seem to disagree with either of them yet you don't seem to think it's possible that my old ***(and pretty much anyone who's ever picked up a glove) can adjust and take it off the chest while Miggy has to get it in the face.

I'm not arguing your math. Let's assume it's right.

Why do you think the ball hit Cabrera in the face and you in the chest?
3/11/2014 4:36 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/11/2014 4:09:00 PM (view original):
If that's too much, just explain how I can hit a softball 300 ft when the exit speed is sub 60 MPH. 
I never said you could hit a ball 300 feet at 60 mph exit speed. I said the ground balls you get in your softball league are not coming at 90 mph. That's just a guess.

90 mph is incredibly fast and no major league hitters average anywhere close to 90 mph on their GB (in 2012 Miguel Cabrera had the highest average GB velocity at 57 mph).
3/11/2014 4:39 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 3/11/2014 10:26:00 AM (view original):
And that's 60 exit speed, not when it gets to you.
This wasn't you?
3/11/2014 4:45 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 3/11/2014 10:25:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/11/2014 10:22:00 AM (view original):
Sure isn't.   But, if a baseball has to be hit 90 MPH to travel 300 ft, you'd agree that a softball would have to be hit harder, correct?   Assuming that you're not going to say "no" just to argue about something you know is wrong, I think it would be fair to say that I've seen softballs that have an exit speed well in excess of 100 MPH in my league.    Do you think a two-hopper might actually still be going 80 MPH at 65 ft?
Nope, I doubt you've seen two hoppers going any faster than 60 in slow pitch softball.

The previous post was a follow-up this slice of dumbassery.

3/11/2014 4:46 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 3/11/2014 4:36:00 PM (view original):

This.
OK.

I don't think he can play 3B worth a ****.   Or maybe he was daydreaming(which is a good way to get hit in the face at 3B).

Or maybe he lacks a survival instinct.    As I've repeated over and over and over again, not many people get hit in the face with batted balls. 

I don't know.   Obviously you think you have an idea.   Share it.
3/11/2014 4:48 PM
FWIW, I think I'll back off on "well in excess of 100 MPH".   My best guess, in order to hit a softball 320ish feet, would be mid/upper 90s.   I don't see many softballs clear the fence by more than 30 ft. 
3/11/2014 4:51 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/11/2014 4:45:00 PM (view original):
This wasn't you?
Yeah, that was me. I wasn't aware that you were standing 300 feet away from the plate. No wonder the ball only hit you in the chest and not the face.
3/11/2014 4:56 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/11/2014 4:48:00 PM (view original):

This.
OK.

I don't think he can play 3B worth a ****.   Or maybe he was daydreaming(which is a good way to get hit in the face at 3B).

Or maybe he lacks a survival instinct.    As I've repeated over and over and over again, not many people get hit in the face with batted balls. 

I think we agree that he's a ****** 3rd baseman.

My entire point is that getting hit in the face once isn't proof of anything. Neither is the fact that you got hit in the chest once.

You getting hit in the chest is completely irrelevant, unless you're trying to argue that you have faster reactions or are a better fielder than Cabrera.
3/11/2014 4:58 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 3/11/2014 4:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/11/2014 4:45:00 PM (view original):
This wasn't you?
Yeah, that was me. I wasn't aware that you were standing 300 feet away from the plate. No wonder the ball only hit you in the chest and not the face.
Didn't we already determine that exit speeds have nothing to do with ground ball/fly ball?   Or are you running around that dumbass merry-go-round again?
3/11/2014 5:00 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 3/11/2014 4:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/11/2014 4:48:00 PM (view original):

This.
OK.

I think we agree that he's a ****** 3rd baseman.

My entire point is that getting hit in the face once isn't proof of anything. Neither is the fact that you got hit in the chest once.

You getting hit in the chest is completely irrelevant, unless you're trying to argue that you have faster reactions or are a better fielder than Cabrera.
I suppose I've posted twice about the "comparison".   I quoted them when you asked what was my point.   I guess I'll try to tell you one last time.

I was making fun of Miggy after RSVP posted 19 pics of Jeter.    I think most people can get their face out of the way of a ground ball.  I used an example that recently happened to me.   Then I did the math when you said "No, no way can a ball get to a softball 3B as quickly as it can to a baseball 3B."    Then we wasted a day with you making stupid claims, recanting them, then repeating them again as if you've forgotten thus forcing me to keep quoting/repeating myself.   At the end of the day, I think I'm better at keeping my face out of the way of batted balls than Miggy is. 

IOW, same old, same old.
3/11/2014 5:06 PM
◂ Prev 1...45|46|47|48|49...94 Next ▸
Derek Jeter's Last Stand Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.