Derek Jeter's Last Stand Topic

Giving up already??? You thought we were arguing and you were mocking me for being a stupid *****? I'll take credit for being a ***** but, as usual mr. treasury bonds, all the stupid is coming from you.

You're the one that said you have survival instincts that allow you to not get hit in the face with ground balls.

3/27/2014 11:22 AM
We've already determined that I have god-like abilities that protect my face from ground balls.   These superhuman abilities also seem to protect everyone around me when I'm at a field or watching a game.   I can't explain them but I'm considering donating my corpse to science in hopes that they can replicate it and stop groundballs to the face for good.    There's nothing else to discuss on that matter.    So it's time to move on.   And, as you know, this is what I want to discuss now:

How hard does a ball have to be hit to travel 200+ feet, bounce twice and still hit a "high level" player in the face?   Surely you have an idea. 
3/27/2014 11:30 AM
No idea. The ball was hit at an average speed for a line drive base hit. It wasn't the overall speed of the ball that was the problem, it was the fact that I was running full speed charging it, getting down anticipating another low hop and only having a fraction of a second to react once it hit the crab grass and shot up. Kind of like how Cabrera was moving to his left anticipating a normal hop and was unable to react fast enough in a fraction of a second to get his face out of the way once the ball took the nasty hop.

You, apparently, posses reactions faster than Miguel Cabrera.
3/27/2014 11:37 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/27/2014 9:05:00 AM (view original):
Why would I keep posting the same thing if I hope everyone stops?   Let me introduce you to bad_luck.   He had a 100 page, 30 day argument about the age of the earth.   He'd still be having it if biztica hadn't disappeared.    He's argued with me about Edgar Martinez for 18 months.   EM will pop up in any thread as will any other topic he's argued about since creating his alias back in 2012.    Obviously you're a ******* moron.  Which surprises no one.

And, just as obvious, I have a god-like ability to not get hit in the face with groundballs.    Oddly, enough, in my 45+ years around ballfields(not to mention games I've watched on TV), the people around me have the same god-like ability(save a sorry 9 y/o, a chick and a drunk dude).   Perhaps my awesome ability to not get hit in the face with a batted ball is like a force field that protects everyone around me.  Perhaps, when I die, I'll donate my body to science so they can figure it out. 
Dude, you have 3100 posts.  Don't call out people for debating silly points.....when you're the master of that.

Again, this thread was about Jeter and then turned into a thread about how overrated he is, then turned into a retarded Miggy and balls to the face thread.  Probably some other crap that i skipped over...

Like most threads you're in, they turn into heaping piles of turds.
3/27/2014 11:37 AM
Yet you read on and complain.   What does that say about your lack on intelligence?
3/27/2014 11:45 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 3/27/2014 11:37:00 AM (view original):
No idea. The ball was hit at an average speed for a line drive base hit. It wasn't the overall speed of the ball that was the problem, it was the fact that I was running full speed charging it, getting down anticipating another low hop and only having a fraction of a second to react once it hit the crab grass and shot up. Kind of like how Cabrera was moving to his left anticipating a normal hop and was unable to react fast enough in a fraction of a second to get his face out of the way once the ball took the nasty hop.

So, in all likelihood, it was going 50 MPH when it somehow managed to hit you in the face?   Should we assume you were running 50-60 MPH thus creating speeds in excess of 100 MPH?
3/27/2014 11:47 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/27/2014 11:47:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 3/27/2014 11:37:00 AM (view original):

So, in all likelihood, it was going 50 MPH when it somehow managed to hit you in the face?   Should we assume you were running 50-60 MPH thus creating speeds in excess of 100 MPH?
I would be surprised if it was moving much faster than 50 when it actually hit me. It caught me right on the cheek and didn't break anything.

3/27/2014 11:49 AM
It was also somewhat of a glancing blow.
3/27/2014 11:50 AM
I think we're done here.  Two points:

1.  I possess a special ability that protects me, and anyone around me, from taking groundballs to the face.
2.  You and Miggy have seen insane hops, never seen before or since, on groundballs that would have hit any mere mortal in the face.

Sound about right?   Too bad I wasn't there to protect you and Miggy with my force field. 
3/27/2014 11:51 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/27/2014 11:45:00 AM (view original):
Yet you read on and complain.   What does that say about your lack on intelligence?
Nothing...says I like to troll a bit.  That's all.  Thanks.
3/27/2014 11:56 AM
1) That seems to actually be your point. Which fits with other arguments you've made (EM comparable to BW, EM walking = bad, treasury bonds could be used to reduce the deficit) and is insane.

2) Bad hops happen. We have video evidence of it. Miguel Cabrera, Aramis Ramirez, and Joe Crede are 3 major leaguers who, in recent years, have been hit in the face with ground balls. If it can happen to them, it can happen to anyone. Well, other than you. Since you have faster reactions than a major league ball player.

3/27/2014 11:58 AM
Wanna compare internet dicks again?
3/27/2014 12:12 PM
Only if you're still insisting that your reactions are better than Miguel Cabrera's.
3/27/2014 12:22 PM
If I had insisted it before, I'd insist it again.    Nothing has changed.

Let's recap because I really am pretty much done with this despite the fact that I know you'll keep responding as long as I don't say "Yeah, that ball would have hit me in the face too".    And that isn't going to happen.

1. rsp posted a bunch of pics of Jeter floundering in the field.
2. I posted a pic of Cabrera's bleeding face and offhandedly mentioned that I was able to avoid getting hit in the face the previous Saturday, taking it off the chest instead, while playing 3B.
3.  You said "baseball 3B is much harder than softball 3B."
4.  I said "Are you sure?  One is 30 feet closer than the other."
5.  You said "Positively.  Baseballs are hit much harder."
6.  I pointed out, using links, that they're not hit that much harder.
7.  I then did the math, referencing said links, to prove that the 30 ft less pretty much left one with the same time to react to a baseball or softball.
8.  You then said "Well, yeah, groundballs aren't hit as hard.  MLB has data to prove this."
9.  I said "Please provide said data because physics is calling bullshit."
10.  You said "Oopsy daisy.  I misunderstood the data.   Groundballs, flyballs can have same exit speed."
11.  I mocked you for a bit because math/physics seems difficult for you.
12.  You then turned it into "So you're saying you have faster reactions than a MLB player, right?"
13.  I said "No.  Mostly I'm mocking Miggy for getting hit in the face when it's something that's very infrequent at any level."
14.  You repeated #12 for about 20 pages.
15.  I repeated #13 for about 20 pages.
16.  burnsy jumped in to repeat #12 for 16 pages.
17.  You then relayed how you got hit in the face, at "high level" baseball, in the outfield.
18.  I found that most hilarious and have mocked you for a solid 10 pages calling you "Corky" and the like.
19.  We compared internet dicks about our baseball skill levels(previous and somewhat current).  Assuming neither of us is full of ****, they appeared to be roughly the same size.
20.  We decided that I have a god-like ability to not get hit in the face with a baseball and to protect those around me from the same fate.  Apparently not many possess this ability.
21. I'm considering donating my corpse to science to see if it can be replicated or cloned.

Did I miss anything?
3/27/2014 12:56 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/26/2014 1:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 3/26/2014 1:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/26/2014 1:11:00 PM (view original):
I guess I'll measure internet dicks with you even though you won't tell me how hard a ball has to be hit to travel 200+ feet bounce twice and manage to strike someone in the face. 

Not idea how many students went to my HS nor do I care to check.  I think there were 400+ in my graduating class.  Do the math.  While playing legion ball(look it up if you're not familiar with it.  I'm not sure it's still around) at 18, our coach told 3 of us some dude wanted to talk to us after the game.  He had some job with the Reds or Phillies, don't remember which.   Invited us to an tryout.  A cattle call so to speak.   Probably 100 or so.  I was one of the last dozen left until I was told to put on 20 lbs of muscle(I weighed 145-150) and come back next year(which is why I have the "I don't blame anyone who takes 'roids to be better" attitude because I'd have done them had they been around).  I was clocked in the upper 80s at 16 but couldn't throw strikes consistently to save my ***.   Since I didn't see a future in baseball after being told to gain 20 lbs, I saw no point in pursuing the sport.  I went to a college that didn't have a baseball team.  No idea if I'd have made a team or not.  I'd say "not" because it was no longer a priority in my life.

Played pick-up ball for a year then joined an adult league.  Played for 5 years(sprinkled in 4 years of softball during that) then gave it up because I just didn't have time for a practice or two during the week and two three hour games on the weekend.   I preferred to go lift at the gym than dedicate 10 hours or so to baseball.  Last time I threw against a gun(at a minor league park so you figure out how accurate it was), the readings were 69, 74, 73.  Three years ago.

There.  Are you happy to hear my life story as related to baseball?

Very happy.

Now tell my why the ball that hit Cabrera in the face would not have hit you in the face.
Because I have a survival instinct that he clearly does not possess. 

I thought I've been pretty clear about this.
You missed this.

Please explain how "survival instincts" allow you to not get hit in the face by a ball that would hit Cabrera in the face.
3/27/2014 1:03 PM
◂ Prev 1...63|64|65|66|67...94 Next ▸
Derek Jeter's Last Stand Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.