Derek Jeter's Last Stand Topic

The part where you ignored the question "What survival instincts, specifically, do you have that Miguel Cabrera doesn't?" Because I said it was reaction time, and you said no.
3/27/2014 1:04 PM
And this is where you say "I don't get hit in the face with baseballs."  And I say "do I have better survival instincts that Jeter not busting my face open on pop-ups" and you ignore me.

I also don't get hit by cars, or get into deathly car accidents, or hit by meteors, or been a victim of that "Knockout" game where thugs randomly knock out people walking on the street.  Do I have better "survival instincts" than all these people?  Or maybe I'm luckier than these people that these things haven't happened.  Like me and you are lucky that we've never caught a very bad hop in the face.
3/27/2014 1:08 PM
Answered.  I have a god-like ability to avoid being hit in the face with batted balls and protect those around me from the same fate.   I don't fully understand it.  Not sure if it's instinct, reactions or a magical force field that surrounds me.  I just know it's there.  
3/27/2014 1:17 PM
And just so we're all clear, this thread was originally about Jeter being a terrible SS and an attention whore.

OK?  Back to the Miggy/MikeT Matrix Melee!
3/27/2014 1:25 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/27/2014 1:17:00 PM (view original):
Answered.  I have a god-like ability to avoid being hit in the face with batted balls and protect those around me from the same fate.   I don't fully understand it.  Not sure if it's instinct, reactions or a magical force field that surrounds me.  I just know it's there.  
Assuming you're serious.

That's dumb.

Almost as dumb as saying that the feds should reduce the deficit by selling more treasury bonds.

Dumber than saying that EM walked too much.
3/27/2014 1:27 PM
FWIW, assuming it doesn't break my face, I would find it hilarious if I took one off the noggin this year.   And I would announce it because it's the internet and I don't take it very seriously. 
3/27/2014 1:28 PM
Of course I'm serious.   I've already told you that, in 45+ years around ballfields, I've only seen three non-pitchers get hit in the face.   My magical powers obviously protect those around me. 
3/27/2014 1:29 PM
You use your special powers to help the Raiders play better.  Or are your powers strictly limited to avoiding being hit in the face with a baseball?
3/27/2014 1:31 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/27/2014 1:29:00 PM (view original):
Of course I'm serious.   I've already told you that, in 45+ years around ballfields, I've only seen three non-pitchers get hit in the face.   My magical powers obviously protect those around me. 
And we all know, if MikeT hasn't seen it, it didn't happen.

Of course, Aramis Ramirez, Joe Crede, and possibly (have you ever seen the footage?) Miguel Cabrera have the scars to disagree.
3/27/2014 1:35 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 3/27/2014 1:32:00 PM (view original):
You use your special powers to help the Raiders play better.  Or are your powers strictly limited to avoiding being hit in the face with a baseball?
Obviously they don't extend to helping the Raiders play better.   But, just as obvious, I've been protecting Yankee players from evil groundball face-bashing for years. 
3/27/2014 1:38 PM
3/27/2014 1:38 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/27/2014 1:38:00 PM (view original):
Obviously they don't extend to helping the Raiders play better.   But, just as obvious, I've been protecting Yankee players from evil groundball face-bashing for years. 
But just from ground balls.  Not from other random face-smashing instances. 

3/27/2014 1:40 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 3/27/2014 1:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/27/2014 1:29:00 PM (view original):
And we all know, if MikeT hasn't seen it, it didn't happen.

Of course, Aramis Ramirez, Joe Crede, and possibly (have you ever seen the footage?) Miguel Cabrera have the scars to disagree.
Reasonably obvious that I was not watching those games.   And I think we can assume that I cannot time travel to prevent those poor chaps from taking balls to the face.   Can't help you with the one you took IN THE OUTFIELD, some 200+ feet away from the exit point, either.   Sorry.
3/27/2014 1:40 PM
What about the three that you have seen? I think we have conclusive proof that your magic powers don't work.
3/27/2014 1:42 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 3/27/2014 1:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/27/2014 1:38:00 PM (view original):
But just from ground balls.  Not from other random face-smashing instances. 

Yep.  To the best of my knowledge, my god-like powers only cover groundballs.     Maybe I need a mentor to expand these powers.   What's this dude doing these days?

3/27/2014 1:43 PM
◂ Prev 1...64|65|66|67|68...94 Next ▸
Derek Jeter's Last Stand Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.