Derek Jeter's Last Stand Topic

Don't you know this guy already?

3/27/2014 1:46 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 3/27/2014 1:42:00 PM (view original):
What about the three that you have seen? I think we have conclusive proof that your magic powers don't work.
9 y/o that couldn't catch a cold in winter.    Not worth saving.  Maybe, after that, mommy quit forcing him to play.  Did him a favor.
A chick.   Obviously playing because her boyfriend asked her to.    Chances of nailing her were slim due to said boyfriend.  **** her.
Drunk dude.   Drunk people shouldn't be on a field.   The next one could have been a line drive and really caused some damage.  Did him a favor.
3/27/2014 1:46 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 3/27/2014 1:46:00 PM (view original):
Don't you know this guy already?

He just has me dodging bullets and ****.   I need to be able to help people not fall into the stands.  And, of course, help the Raiders stop sucking.
3/27/2014 1:47 PM
Why didn't you protect Jeter?

I think this has finally run its course. Bad hops happen. Sometimes they happen to major league players. Even less frequently, sometimes they catch a major leaguer in the face because even world class reaction times (as all major leaguers have) aren't always fast enough.

It's a good thing you've been lucky enough over the last 45 years to not have it happen to you. Your reaction times are certainly not world class.
3/27/2014 1:50 PM

It ran it's course when I said it did either yesterday or earlier today.    Truthfully, when I started posting ORLY owls, it was done.  At least from my point of view.

Bad hops do happen.  They seldom hit anyone in the face.  I don't know the reasons but I do know that most people avoid it.  These are just simple facts.

3/27/2014 1:54 PM
If you don't know the reasons, it speaks to your lack of intelligence, obviously.  To assume any 50-ish y/o man would be better at avoiding bad hops to the face than Miguel Cabrera is something an insane person would say.
3/27/2014 1:58 PM
Truth is, the last 20 pages should have never occurred.   I was obviously mocking Cabrera because rsvp posted a dozen pics of Jeter.  But this is the internet and people are going to argue about stupid ****.  Myself included. 
Posted by burnsy483 on 3/27/2014 1:58:00 PM (view original):
If you don't know the reasons, it speaks to your lack of intelligence, obviously.  To assume any 50-ish y/o man would be better at avoiding bad hops to the face than Miguel Cabrera is something an insane person would say.
This.
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/27/2014 1:58:00 PM (view original):
Truth is, the last 20 pages should have never occurred.   I was obviously mocking Cabrera because rsvp posted a dozen pics of Jeter.  But this is the internet and people are going to argue about stupid ****.  Myself included. 
I'll take that as: "ignore everything I said for the last 20 pages. I'm an idiot."

3/27/2014 1:59 PM
Yea, a simple "obviously I'd be hit in the face too, I'm not retarded" would have ended this.  But, you know.
3/27/2014 2:00 PM
I have that guy blocked, btw.
3/27/2014 2:00 PM
OK, Corkyjr, Cabrera can hit a baseball.   That's a very specific skill set.   Hitting a baseball is not the same as fielding grounders.   By your reasoning, Cabrera would be a great fighter.  Do you think that's true?    Quick reactions, hand-eye co-ordination, can take a punch(or ball).
3/27/2014 2:02 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/27/2014 2:02:00 PM (view original):
OK, Corkyjr, Cabrera can hit a baseball.   That's a very specific skill set.   Hitting a baseball is not the same as fielding grounders.   By your reasoning, Cabrera would be a great fighter.  Do you think that's true?    Quick reactions, hand-eye co-ordination, can take a punch(or ball).
Yes, I assume a ML infielder would be better at fielding ground balls than you.  Including bad hops.  To assume otherwise would be insanity.  

I don't know anything about his fighting skills.  Fighting is a learned trait, but you need the skills you describe to become one a good fighter.  I'd assume he'd be better at avoiding a punch than most.
3/27/2014 2:06 PM
Fielding is not a learned skill?   Do babies pop out of vaginas ready to take infield practice?    You are proving to be an idiot.   Well, a bigger idiot than I thought. 
3/27/2014 3:36 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 3/27/2014 2:00:00 PM (view original):
Yea, a simple "obviously I'd be hit in the face too, I'm not retarded" would have ended this.  But, you know.
Problem is, I don't think I would have.   I wouldn't have been hit in the face in the OF either.   Unless that was some magical bad hop, it's been seen many times by many people.   And people just don't get hit square in the face with groundballs very often. 

Not sure why that's such a difficult concept to understand. 
3/27/2014 3:49 PM
◂ Prev 1...65|66|67|68|69...94 Next ▸
Derek Jeter's Last Stand Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.