Small Hall of Fame Topic

OK.   What should we do with the other 3400+?

Dipshit.
8/9/2014 7:46 AM
Posted by dahsdebater on 8/8/2014 7:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cobra on 8/8/2014 5:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/8/2014 2:06:00 PM (view original):
Also, who gives a **** about raw hit totals?
Um

What?
You only care about raw hit totals when it comes to Jeter, but not to Beltre?
Who said anything about Jeter or Beltre?

I want to know when I missed the meeting where no one in baseball gives a **** about hits?

Ain't that the point of having a bat in your hand when you are hitting?

I mean, I know I'm a dumb hick old guy who knows nothing about all this new baseball math
Not like you smarty young hipster computer geniuses

But isn't the point of baseball on offense to get a hit?
8/9/2014 12:15 PM
The purpose of a baseball offense is to score runs.  Just looking at hits (or batting average) doesn't tell you much.
8/9/2014 12:42 PM
Oh

Now I get it

Score runs by walking four times in a row?

Wouldn't it be easier to hit the ball?
8/9/2014 12:46 PM
Ok.
Before we go four pages here,
BL saying who gives a sh.. About raw hit totals was an irresponsible, knee jerk statement to make.

Let's not get so caught up in sabermetrics that we forget about hitting, running and catching

Ok?
8/9/2014 12:50 PM
Continue your silliness...
8/9/2014 12:53 PM
Posted by cobra on 8/9/2014 12:50:00 PM (view original):
Ok.
Before we go four pages here,
BL saying who gives a sh.. About raw hit totals was an irresponsible, knee jerk statement to make.

Let's not get so caught up in sabermetrics that we forget about hitting, running and catching

Ok?
This is dumb even for you...
8/9/2014 9:12 PM
I know
You're a smart, advanced, baseball mathematical expert.

I know
You've forgotten more baseball than i will ever know.

You've said as much on at least two posts

I should know better
8/9/2014 9:30 PM
Sabermatricians over-analyze EVERYTHING. They'll tell you PETE Rose was a compiler and then defend Bert Blyleven getting into the HOF in the next sentence. Advanced metrics have their worth, but baseball is still baseball fer Cissakes!!! And MikeT will argue u to death and then bring out the insults and attacks because he's an unarmed FUCKTARD when it comes to legitimate INTELLIGENT baseball discussion.
8/9/2014 11:49 PM (edited)
Copied from part of a post I made last week:

In his career, Glavine made 682 starts, pitched 4413.1 innings, and had a 3.54 ERA, a 118 ERA+ with 2607 Ks (5.3 K/9) and a 1.31 WHIP
Blyleven made 685 starts, pitched 4970 innings, and had a 3.31 ERA, a 118 ERA+ with 3701 Ks (6.7 K/9) and a 1.20 WHIP

It has nothing to do with compiling.  Blyleven was a good pitcher.  It's just absurd that the same people that thought Glavine was a lock HOFer thought Blyleven was a joke.  The difference between Glavine and Blyleven, aside from the fact that Blyleven pitched deeper into games and struck out a lot more hitters, was that Glavine pitched on better teams.  You don't need any particularly advanced stats to see that if you ignore W/L record, Blyleven has the edge in this comparison.  I'm not of the opinion that the teams you played on should be the defining factor determining your HOF-worthiness.
8/10/2014 12:55 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/9/2014 7:46:00 AM (view original):

Dipshit.
not much for the social graces are we there, Mikey?  Not sure why a comment about a BS scoring call, that even you would have to agree was BS warrants a "dipshit."

But I guess that applies to everyone who disagrees with you...which is virtually everyone.

8/10/2014 1:59 AM
Posted by rsp777 on 8/9/2014 11:49:00 PM (view original):
Sabermatricians over-analyze EVERYTHING. They'll tell you PETE Rose was a compiler and then defend Bert Blyleven getting into the HOF in the next sentence. Advanced metrics have their worth, but baseball is still baseball fer Cissakes!!! And MikeT will argue u to death and then bring out the insults and attacks because he's an unarmed FUCKTARD when it comes to legitimate INTELLIGENT baseball discussion.
You know, when you pretend that you're going to argue intelligently, you should at least attempt to appear somewhat intelligent.    Massive fail on your part.
8/10/2014 6:35 AM
Posted by seamar_116 on 8/10/2014 1:59:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/9/2014 7:46:00 AM (view original):

Dipshit.
not much for the social graces are we there, Mikey?  Not sure why a comment about a BS scoring call, that even you would have to agree was BS warrants a "dipshit."

But I guess that applies to everyone who disagrees with you...which is virtually everyone.

Because anyone with 3400+ hits has had a call go their way.     It's not even worth mention.  Unless, of course, you're a dipshit. 
8/10/2014 6:36 AM
Posted by cobra on 8/9/2014 12:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 8/8/2014 7:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cobra on 8/8/2014 5:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/8/2014 2:06:00 PM (view original):
Also, who gives a **** about raw hit totals?
Um

What?
You only care about raw hit totals when it comes to Jeter, but not to Beltre?
Who said anything about Jeter or Beltre?

I want to know when I missed the meeting where no one in baseball gives a **** about hits?

Ain't that the point of having a bat in your hand when you are hitting?

I mean, I know I'm a dumb hick old guy who knows nothing about all this new baseball math
Not like you smarty young hipster computer geniuses

But isn't the point of baseball on offense to get a hit?
Hits are great but when you're comparing two guys, counting hits isn't a great way to do it.
8/10/2014 1:14 PM
I don't know what you're talking about.

I've always thought Omar Vizquel was a better player than Babe Ruth.
8/11/2014 3:20 AM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10 Next ▸
Small Hall of Fame Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.