"Baseball is fine. Don't worry about it" Topic

Pretty sure that all on topic stuff died before I posted.  Nice try though. 
8/6/2014 5:12 PM
Posted by bronxcheer on 8/6/2014 4:58:00 PM (view original):
Bush lied people died
People always die.

Important politicians and military personnel always lie.

What's your point?
8/6/2014 5:24 PM
That's his thing....just like mikey's is to red line me.
8/7/2014 9:13 AM
Just skimming the thread. MLB market share is down, so the answer is to make the Hall of Fame smaller?
8/8/2014 2:38 AM
You should probably do more than "skim" if you want to participate.
8/8/2014 7:16 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 8/8/2014 2:38:00 AM (view original):
Just skimming the thread. MLB market share is down, so the answer is to make the Hall of Fame smaller?
Lol. Yep that's essentially how we got here. Mike wants to attract new fans and, in his mind, a smaller, "less overwhelming" hall is the way to do it.
8/8/2014 9:30 AM
No, I don't have time to read everything.

And apparently MLS is going to surpass MLB in fandom, what an idiot.
8/8/2014 11:27 AM
OK, I'll give you the Reader's Digest version.

My contention is that the HOF would be better if it was less cumbersome.   Give the all-time greats a display with access, via some interactive button, to the lesser, yet still noteworthy, players.     Really has nothing to do with market share.   That came about 10 pages after the original subject.

And if, during your "skim", you found a post saying MLS was going to pass MLB, please quote it.   You stupid ****.
8/8/2014 11:35 AM
I'll add, in order to save your stupidass some time, that I mentioned baseball is a slow-paced game in a fast moving world.   I don't think that can be changed without affecting the integrity of the game.   But, if there's any way to quicken other aspects of the game, it needs to be done.   A more compact HOF is one thing that can be changed.   You can go thru the HOF and catch all the important stuff in a couple of hours or, with the ability to dig deeper, spend a weekend. 
8/8/2014 11:42 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/8/2014 11:35:00 AM (view original):
OK, I'll give you the Reader's Digest version.

My contention is that the HOF would be better if it was less cumbersome.   Give the all-time greats a display with access, via some interactive button, to the lesser, yet still noteworthy, players.     Really has nothing to do with market share.   That came about 10 pages after the original subject.

And if, during your "skim", you found a post saying MLS was going to pass MLB, please quote it.   You stupid ****.
Is the HOF cumbersome? Have you ever been?
8/8/2014 11:45 AM
Such a potty mouth, U mad bro?

MLS is soccer, correct?
8/8/2014 12:38 PM
Nah, I just think you're a dumbass.   Of course, you already knew that.

Is MLS the only form of soccer?   I'll save some time.   I know jackshit about soccer but I do know that ESPN or NBC or somebody shows EPL games.   It's soccer.

Now, did you find a post saying "MLS will surpass MLB in the future"?  No?   Then why would you suggest that someone said that?
8/8/2014 12:44 PM
Have you ever heard of those picture boxes?  We call them "televisions".    You can watch games without being in the stadium.   They even allow you to watch games on other continents.   The "television" companies pay the leagues to air these games.   So, here in America, we can get all kinds of soccer not just MLS.

8/8/2014 1:36 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/8/2014 1:36:00 PM (view original):
Have you ever heard of those picture boxes?  We call them "televisions".    You can watch games without being in the stadium.   They even allow you to watch games on other continents.   The "television" companies pay the leagues to air these games.   So, here in America, we can get all kinds of soccer not just MLS.

But really, what are the chances that a European league is going to become hugely popular in America? Most people don't become emotionally invested in a team 3000-5000 miles away. Without that emotional investment, it won't catch on long term.
8/8/2014 2:15 PM
Seeing that the US is becoming more and more Hispanic, and soccer is extremely popular among the arriving Spanish speaking folks, it goes to follow that soccer will become more and more popular in the US over time.  And since many of the best soccer players in the world tend to play in the English or European leagues when the World Cup is not going on . . . well, you can guess the rest.
8/8/2014 2:49 PM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15|16 Next ▸
"Baseball is fine. Don't worry about it" Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.