If i was the Commish........... Topic

make me universal commish of all sports in America and I would:

MLB   - salary cap/ floor- something like 150 million/ 65 million. adjustable yr.to yr. no more buying excellence ala Yanks, dodgers, red sux etc.if ye cant field a winner with that ye dont deserve it.
             -shorten game times, eliminate yank-redsux 4 hour snoozefests for example--pitchers have 15 seconds to deliver pitch.otherwise automatic 2 balls. batters cannot step out, automatic strike if they do.
           -eliminate all body armour for hitters
           - outlaw dh. outlaw metal bats acrosst all organized bb
           - reinstate Peter H. Rose immediately
           - ban for life all steroid+ hgh users(Braun retroactively
           - mandate at least 2 day games(1 each home team) for all playoff+ W.S. games

NFL-- All new stadia must be open, real grass. i.e. no domes
         -strengthen steroid and hgh testing. it aint natural to be 6-5, 350. wake up
         -cut commish salary to 500,000. Goodells 15 million is obscene. donate rest to youth football leagues and concussion victims

NHL--
Almost perfect sport. eliminate shootout, play 10 minutes of ot in reg. season

NBA-- Awful sport almost beyond redemption. Raise baskets too 11 feet. outlaw dunks. reinstate hand checking and defense.

NASCAR-- outlaw "sport" entirely. Save million of gallons of fuel, oil, and tons of rubber. Hire drivers as taxi+ limo drivers, truckers. Hire pit crews as mechanics. Induct rubes, rednecks and white trash "fans" into military, Sanitation depts. and as
correction officers.

Boxing-- ban Don King from involvement. direct deposit prize money right into pugilists bank accounts.

Golf+ Tennis--- allow crowd noise, if the pompous, pampered snobs cant concentrate hard enough to hit the ball, tough titties
8/10/2014 10:29 AM
Wait, you want to reinstate Rose but ban PED users? That makes no sense.
8/10/2014 1:12 PM
THE JUICE= PDP!
8/10/2014 3:21 PM
Apart from going out to the mound and beating the pitcher to death with a baseball bat, nothing is worse than betting on your own games for the sport of baseball... and actually it might be worse than slaughtering the pitcher.
8/10/2014 3:33 PM
Eh
Betting against your own team would be worse
8/10/2014 3:44 PM
Meh.  If you're betting on your team, there's a real possibility that you're betting against it too.   If you're crossing the pre-established line, you've already gone where you shouldn't have been.    Unless you think Petey wouldn't tell a lie.
8/10/2014 5:31 PM
I can believe that he never bet against his own team.  But even if he's always betting on his own team, it can easily lead to things like misuse of the bullpen.
8/10/2014 10:13 PM
You can't ban metal bats at the lower levels of youth and HS with out dramatically effecting the cost to play. Wood bats in the hands of kids snap all the time and they are not cheap.
8/11/2014 1:27 AM
Selig's salary would defray alot of that cost
8/11/2014 5:07 AM
8/13/2014 12:44 PM
If i was the Commish........... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.