Mike Trout Topic

Soriano drove me batty swinging at balls 6 inches off the plate and in the the dirt.    Those can't look good.    And you can't hit them unless you're using a shovel.   But the ****** couldn't not swing. 
2/27/2015 5:01 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 2/27/2015 2:50:00 PM (view original):
Way to ignore the meaningful content of what I posted.

Do you have a clue about what's being discussed here?  You're totally grasping at straws.  Using sac bunts as an attempt to justify preferring outs in play to Ks, when

A) even pitchers only sac bunt a little over 10% of the time, reinforcing our constant point that the overwhelming majority of the time Ks are NOT different from any other out
B) the whole point of my first paragraph, which you conveniently ignored, is that sac bunts are not average outs in play; the whole reason they aren't counted against AVG is because it's recognized how above average they are for outs in play; the average non-K out is far less valuable than a sac bunt, pitchers are successful in their sacrifice attempts well over 50% of the time, whereas not nearly 50% of random outs in play are "productive"
LOL.

You have no ******* clue about what's being discussed here.

Maybe you shouldn't participate in internet discussions until your comprehension skills get above second grade level.
2/27/2015 6:57 PM
Until you have something a lot more intelligent to say, as opposed to unwarranted attacks that don't ring true whatsoever, I'm just going to ignore you.

Are you really stupid enough to think everyone else here is too dumb to recognize your blatantly obvious deflection tactics?  Your last-ditch effort to prove that strikeouts are different from outs in play was to point at the sac bunt.  When the reality of that attempt is brought to your attention, the only thing you have left in your arsenal is personal attacks.  You can't possibly acknowledge the validity of points for which you have no credible response.
2/27/2015 7:39 PM
tec and dahs having a serious debate:

2/27/2015 7:51 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 2/27/2015 7:39:00 PM (view original):
Until you have something a lot more intelligent to say, as opposed to unwarranted attacks that don't ring true whatsoever, I'm just going to ignore you.

Are you really stupid enough to think everyone else here is too dumb to recognize your blatantly obvious deflection tactics?  Your last-ditch effort to prove that strikeouts are different from outs in play was to point at the sac bunt.  When the reality of that attempt is brought to your attention, the only thing you have left in your arsenal is personal attacks.  You can't possibly acknowledge the validity of points for which you have no credible response.
You not responding will raise the overall intelligence of this thread by a couple of percent.

Thanks for your cooperation.
2/27/2015 8:16 PM
Question for you, tec. If you were building your ideal hitter and you could only pick two of the following traits, which two would you pick?

Low strikeouts
High average
High OBP
High slugging

Assume that the hitter will be worse than average for whatever two traits you do not select.
3/2/2015 11:50 AM
OBP and slugging.
3/2/2015 12:53 PM
But not strikeouts, right?

Because how a hitter makes his outs really doesn't matter.
3/2/2015 12:58 PM
This is the stupidest line of questioning...

Just because you think OBP and SLG are more important than Ks doesn't mean you don't think Ks matter.  I'd take OBP + SLG over steals, too, but that doesn't mean steals "don't really matter."
3/2/2015 1:24 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 3/2/2015 1:24:00 PM (view original):

Just because you think OBP and SLG are more important than Ks doesn't mean you don't think Ks matter.  I'd take OBP + SLG over steals, too, but that doesn't mean steals "don't really matter."
Tec's argued for 20 pages that strikeouts are worse than other outs. If he's right, he should probably take the low k's over OBP.
3/2/2015 1:37 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 3/2/2015 12:58:00 PM (view original):

What do strikeouts have to do with OBP and slugging?

Another desperate "I need to be in an internet argument to get attention" ploy on your part?

3/2/2015 1:49 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 3/2/2015 1:37:00 PM (view original):

Tec's argued for 20 pages that strikeouts are worse than other outs. If he's right, he should probably take the low k's over OBP.
Explain.
3/2/2015 1:49 PM

Why?  Again, compare it to steals.  Steals at a decent success rate are definitely better than no steals.  But I still don't take them over OBP.  That doesn't mean they don't matter.

You know I agree with you.  The average marginal cost of a strikeout is very, very small.  Not quite 0, but extremely close.  But this utter dumbassery isn't going to prove it to anybody.
3/2/2015 1:55 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 3/2/2015 1:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 3/2/2015 12:58:00 PM (view original):

What do strikeouts have to do with OBP and slugging?

Another desperate "I need to be in an internet argument to get attention" ploy on your part?

You don't think outs and OBP are related?
3/2/2015 1:56 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 3/2/2015 1:55:00 PM (view original):

Why?  Again, compare it to steals.  Steals at a decent success rate are definitely better than no steals.  But I still don't take them over OBP.  That doesn't mean they don't matter.

You know I agree with you.  The average marginal cost of a strikeout is very, very small.  Not quite 0, but extremely close.  But this utter dumbassery isn't going to prove it to anybody.
I'm just ******* with tec on slow, rainy Monday morning.
3/2/2015 1:57 PM
◂ Prev 1...18|19|20|21|22...65 Next ▸
Mike Trout Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.