Where are the Red Sox Fans? Topic

I'm a Porcello fan, Go Tigers!
5/19/2015 1:15 PM
Still here - haven't been called a fuckstick in a while. Doesn't mean i'm not one i guess. Not a Pats fan . Got no dog in that fight. Yes we're bad right now but for all those who said we shudda got Hamels and gave up either Betts or Swihart I say no fuckin way. Not saying he's not good - just not the answer. Unless Hamels can hit for power i'm not interested. We can't score runs just like last year.  I'm still smiling tho. We're not far away. Another year for all the youngsters to play and we'll spend money on a starter when necessary.
5/19/2015 1:23 PM
Hamels is great, but I wouldn't give up Betts for him.  You'd have to be insane.  Swihart maybe...  No matter how good their potential is, catchers always carry some extra injury risk and a shorter expected career length, so personally I don't like to see people get too invested in catching prospects.
5/19/2015 1:43 PM
Maybe. But not now. Got no catcher. This year will be invaluable to him
5/19/2015 1:50 PM
Depends.  If you want to make a serious run at the playoffs, try to talk the Phillies into throwing in Chooch, maybe for some cash to help pay their monster mistake contracts.  Upgrade at 2 positions.
5/19/2015 7:32 PM
I thought about that. Rather not make run at playoffs then pull that trigger
5/19/2015 8:21 PM
Probably a smart choice.  If it's me, I'd rather put my eggs in the Swihart/Betts/Castillo/Bogaerts/Moncada basket than invest heavily in what's left of the Big Papi/Dustin Pedroia era.  But a lot of Red Sox fans are reaching near-Yankeean levels in terms of demand for instant gratification, and you'd have to think there's going to be some pressure applied by the fans and the local sports media to bring in more pitching if they hang around .500 until the trade deadline.
5/19/2015 9:03 PM
The two sports stations up here won't shut up about deflategate, so the Sox are kinda flying under the radar....even Merloni isnt talking a lot about them......I'm glad they havent pulled the trigger on Hammels yet.....keep Betts around for a while........One of their AAA pitchers (eduardo rodriguez?) has to work out one of these times......looking at you allan webster, ruby de larosa, anthony renando, henry owens, 
5/20/2015 9:15 AM
Boston is 2 1/2 back in a very winnable division.   If there's a move out there that would put them in the playoffs, they'll make it.   It's dumb not to. 

"We gotta keep our prospects!!!!!" gets people fired.   People don't like to get fired. 
5/20/2015 9:59 AM
i'm not saying they won't - but it won't be Betts or Swihart.
5/20/2015 10:19 AM
Doesn't have to be but a team can't hold all their top prospects and pass on a chance to win the WS.    As we've seen, the better team doesn't always win in the playoffs, just the team that was better for those 10 days.
5/20/2015 10:23 AM
Any other prospect is fine
5/20/2015 10:43 AM
Boston Red Sox: second worst record in the American League.
5/28/2015 3:15 PM
other than the Red Sux, who cares where the Red Sux fans are?
5/28/2015 4:29 PM
I'm a Yankees fan and I hate to admit it but Boston has a very good shot at winning the AL East this season. There is so much talk about how bad they are, but as Mike pointed out they are a deal or two away from a pretty good roster and they have the chips and money to make such deals. If they wind up landing a Cole Hammels or Johnny Cueto or both they are right in the mix. Their lineup might be the best in the division.
5/29/2015 4:04 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Where are the Red Sox Fans? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.