Favorite Players Topic

I don't remember who was calling the game, but it was the Cubs vs Mets in 86 or so, and the one guy says "Dunston actually was drafted ahead of Gooden" the other guy says "He's got a better arm than Gooden".

I just always thought that was a great line.
5/22/2015 11:53 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Most hated:

Wade Boggs - even after he joined the Yankees
Curt Schilling - like Mike said, a pompous ***
David Ortiz - I used to respect him as a feared adversary, not he's become a whiny arrogant crybaby
A-Rod - for all the obvious reasons
5/23/2015 8:30 AM
Damn Randy Johnson for spending time with his children.  What a douche.
5/23/2015 11:22 AM
I think my all-time least favorite player is Papelbitch.  Can't stand the guy.
5/23/2015 11:24 AM
He's just such a little *****, you know?
5/23/2015 11:25 AM
Posted by dahsdebater on 5/23/2015 11:24:00 AM (view original):
I think my all-time least favorite player is Papelbitch.  Can't stand the guy.
This. I wasn't really thinking about active guys but he's horrible.
5/23/2015 11:25 AM
Posted by dahsdebater on 5/23/2015 11:22:00 AM (view original):
Damn Randy Johnson for spending time with his children.  What a douche.
Do you take your children to work?    Then toss a ball around with them while your co-workers are busting their ***?

5/23/2015 11:49 AM
For this alone, Papelbon should be on a hate list:

5/23/2015 11:57 AM
nope, awesome.
5/23/2015 1:46 PM
Favorite Players:

Griffey Jr
Buhner
Edgar
Sheffield
Vladimir Guerrero
Kerry Wood

Least favorite:

Frank Thomas
Jim Edmonds
Juan Gonzalez
Ivan Rodriguez
Derek Jeter
Nomar
5/23/2015 2:09 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
LEAST FAVOURITE:

REGGIE JACKSON
PEDRO BORBON SR.
ED OTT
JOAQUIN ANDUJAR
JOHN TUDOR
GEORGE FOSTER
ANDY PETITTE
DUSTIN PEDROIA
DAVE KINGMAN
5/23/2015 3:27 PM
Griffey Jr.
Edgar
Frank Thomas (still have a bunch of his baseball cards... aren't worth ****, but I still keep them anyway)
Omar Vizquel
Felix Hernandez
5/25/2015 11:08 PM
Grew up in Texas with parents from Michigan, so I learned to have two favorite teams. Their top players from the 80's and early 90's remain some of my favorites:

Detroit:
Allan Trammel - face of the Tigers for ~15 years
Cecil Fielder - the year he came out of nowhere to hit 51 homers was magical to teenage me
Rob Deer - kind of tongue in cheek, but I had fun watching how low his average could go while still hitting 20+ homers

Texas:
Ruben Sierra - The best player on the team when I started following
Nolan Ryan - he was the MAN and about the only good thing the Rangers had going at the time
Julio Franco - just loved how he stuck around and played until he was older than dirt
Jeff Kunkel - One of the worst players to ever don a Rangers uniform, for some reason I always rooted for him and called him Uncle Kunkel.

Others:
Guys who played well for a long time with one team like Tony Gwynn, Cal Ripken, Jr., and Ozzie Smith
Orel Hershiser - his scoreless inning streak still amazes me; seems like a great stand-up guy
Joe Schlabotnik - gotta root for the underdog! http://peanuts.wikia.com/wiki/Joe_Shlabotnik
5/26/2015 2:07 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Favorite Players Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.