MLB Hot Stove Central Topic

Peter Gammons reporting that multiple sources believe Aroldis Chapman will be traded by the end of the weekend.  Could be the beginning of a big rebuild in Cincinnati.
11/12/2015 12:19 PM
hope they trade him to the Giants, but I doubt it
11/12/2015 12:40 PM
I think Diamondbacks and Blue Jays were linked to him prior to the trade deadline in July, but speculative reports say up to a dozen teams could be interested/involved in trade talks. 
11/12/2015 1:48 PM
I heard Red Sox and Yankees too, although why the Yankees would need him I'm not sure.
11/12/2015 2:44 PM
Joaquin Benoit traded to the Mariners for a couple of minor leaguers.  Likely means San Diego will not be trading Kimbrel as well.
11/12/2015 3:43 PM
Mozeliak has money to spend. Lance Lynn is out for 2016 with Tommy John Surgery. Will he target a big money pitcher?

Holliday is 36, and coming off an injury plagued season. Heyward seems to be an obvious choice to try to resign. Would he also make a play for Alex Gordon?
11/12/2015 6:23 PM
I think the Cards resign Heyward. I don't see Gordon leaving KC.
11/12/2015 7:16 PM
Simmons to the Angels
11/12/2015 7:16 PM
Well I was wrong that the Benoit trade meant Padres would be hanging onto Craig Kimbrel.  Kimbrel traded to Red Sox for four minor leaguers, including Manuel Margot and Javier Guerra, both in Boston's top ten prospects.
11/13/2015 9:13 PM
I read a report that Boston is still interested in Chapman. I'd love the Yankees to land Chapman but I think his price tag will be way too steep. Boston has the prospects to make deals. Building a 3-headed monster in the bullpen could potentially end games in the 6th inning. With the starting pitching that the Yankees and Red Sox currently have putting together a 3-headed monster like Betances/Miller/Chapman or Uehara/Chapman/Kimbrell could be imperative to make the playoffs and make headway in the playoffs.
11/20/2015 9:25 PM
Aviva signs with ChiSox
Lowrie dealt back to A's
LHP Brothers dealt to CHC
Bud Norris signs with Braves
11/26/2015 9:20 AM
Dave Roberts is interesting choice as manager of LAD

11/26/2015 9:23 AM
thought it is kind of funny. Dodgers pick a well liked player who has never managed as their manager...kind of like the last guy!
11/26/2015 11:54 PM
Jordan Zimmerman signs with the Tigers. Tigers are spending money to maybe be a wildcard team. Owner really wants to win, its not going to happen. Royals are still better with their core in their prime, tigers have expensive aging vets with many holes and lack top end rookies to come up and fill key holes. Twins and Indians should be good as well and will probably battle for 2nd.

Bluejays sign JA Happ to a 3 year deal for 36 million. a guy that wasn't good enough to crack your rotation a year ago now gets 3 years? and 36 million?

Jason Heyward is a guy I would not sign to a 100 mil let alone 200 mil people think he may get. remember when free agents who got massive contracts didn't have massive flaws? Heyward basically can't hit lefties. Lester last year got a huge deal and can't throw to 1st base. like honestly, let that sink in. they signed him for 150 mil and he can't throw the ball to 1st base.

watch out for the Giants and the Cardinals to make big splashes. they both have new money coming into their org next year or in 2 years with either tv contracts or parking lot money.

the Reds are the most confusing team in the MLB, why they couldn't identity that they weren't good enough to compete against the Cards, Cubs and the Pirates last year after the allstar break and in the next couple years I've never know. Chapman, Bruce, Phillips and Frazier could all be gone this winter.
11/29/2015 11:46 PM
Lester last year got a huge deal and can't throw to 1st base. like honestly, let that sink in. they signed him for 150 mil and he can't throw the ball to 1st base.
Has it somehow not sunk in for you that Lester has been an above-average pitcher every year but 2012 and came into that contract more than 20% better at preventing runs than the average pitcher, more than 25% better than the average starting pitcher?  All of that is in spite of his difficulty holding runners.  It's easy to overcomplicate things.  Lester prevents runs extremely effectively, he's 8th among all starting pitchers with at least 1000 career innings at doing so.  Who cares if you can identify his weaknesses?  Koufax was one of the worst starting pitchers in the Major Leagues at disguising his pitches.  Multiple contemporary hitters have said they always knew what was coming.  Would you not have signed him?  I'd say tipping your pitches is a much bigger issue than difficulty holding runners.
11/30/2015 12:00 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...30 Next ▸
MLB Hot Stove Central Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.