Broncos - Ware's the defense? Topic

Posted by Jtpsops on 12/19/2011 12:04:00 AM (view original):
We've been over this...there's no such thing as a lucky 6 game winning streak, especially in the NFL.

I understand you're bitter that the Broncos will likely make the playoffs and your team flatout sucks, but that doesn't mean the Broncos have no talent.
I remember fanboy singing the same song a couple years back when they started with six straight wins. McDaniels was the bestest coach ever, Orton was going to lead them to the playoffs, woof, woof, woof. I tried to warn him that McD seemed to make really dumbassed decisions based on his ego rather than what's best for his football team but fanboy's faith was unshakeable even after they suspended Marshall and the season began circling down the toilet. I'll give him credit for recognizing McDaniels needed to be fired, though.

What's interesting about this season is he -- like many Broncos fans -- have invested a lot more in Tebow so the biggest question is who gets throws under the bus when the Broncos fail. Based on his past posts, my bet is the narrative constructed will be its Fox's overly conservative playcalling that earns fanboy's wrath for "holding back" Timmy along with the line/RBs/receivers not doing their job. That and Andre Goodman sucking, obviously. The irony is Fox has improved the defence exponentially and re-made the offence to capitalize on Tebow's strengths and minimize his weaknesses. 

Over the long term, Tebow's body won't hold up to the punishment he is exposed to by running the option and his own bravery in taking on defenders. That's why most offensive coordinators don't use it in the NFL. It will substantially shorten a quarterback's career and plays havoc with your playbook if the backup doesn't possess the same skill set as your starter.
12/19/2011 11:43 AM
What's funny is you clearly don't read my posts.  I've said many times that Tebow gets way too much credit for the Broncos wins and I hate when the media just blindly posts crap like "Tebow does it again!", regardless of game details.  But I defend Tebow because the haters out there don't give him any credit for anything, when he's clearly done some amazing things this season and is improving game by game. The most recent example was swinenazi's assinine statement that Tebow's 28 yard sack with his team down by 18 and 2 minutes to go somehow proves he's a sh*tty QB.

Yesterday's loss was the fault of the defnese and three fumbles - one of which was Tebow's and solely falls on him.  He hasn't been responsible for their wins on his own and he's not to blame for their losses.  The two games he's lost, the defense has given up 40+ points each time. The 7 games he's won, the defense stuck hard and gave him a chance to lead the team back.  It's been a team effort, which includes Tebow...he's made signficant contributions to the team.
12/19/2011 1:14 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 12/19/2011 1:14:00 PM (view original):
What's funny is you clearly don't read my posts.  I've said many times that Tebow gets way too much credit for the Broncos wins and I hate when the media just blindly posts crap like "Tebow does it again!", regardless of game details.  But I defend Tebow because the haters out there don't give him any credit for anything, when he's clearly done some amazing things this season and is improving game by game. The most recent example was swinenazi's assinine statement that Tebow's 28 yard sack with his team down by 18 and 2 minutes to go somehow proves he's a sh*tty QB.

Yesterday's loss was the fault of the defnese and three fumbles - one of which was Tebow's and solely falls on him.  He hasn't been responsible for their wins on his own and he's not to blame for their losses.  The two games he's lost, the defense has given up 40+ points each time. The 7 games he's won, the defense stuck hard and gave him a chance to lead the team back.  It's been a team effort, which includes Tebow...he's made signficant contributions to the team.
You are confusing "criticism" with "hatred." The other thing that's lost on you is some people actually are thoroughly entertained by your defence of Tebow, largely because it sounds like you sleep underneath a Broncos blanket with a big Tebow poster on the wall.

I don't know stinenavy well but from reading his posts, I'm assuming he's a Panthers fan whose taken exception to some of your dumbassed remarks about Cam Newton and is giving you a taste of your own medicine. I could be wrong there, though, and apologies in advance to him if I've misread his previous remarks.

As far as your analysis goes, Denver's defence and special teams will not be able to keep the offence in every game as they have for the past month or so, particularly against playoff calibre teams that are not missing their starting quarterback and main offensive threats. So when you play the New England, you need to score more than 23 points if you want to win. The Patriots exposed some problems on both sides of the ball. Denver might make the playoffs by virtue of being the tallest midget in the AFC West but Denver's management has to decide whether they can continue to move forward with Tebow at QB. He has made some strides in terms of how he delivers the football but using him as an option QB/fullback is not viable over the long term as I've explained in a previous post.
12/19/2011 8:18 PM (edited)
Tebow will be the Broncos starting QB next season - book it.

And do you really think "accusing" me of being a Broncos fan offends me?  I've never once said Tebow is a great QB.  I just said he doesn't suck. It's all you blind haters who deal in foolish extremes.
12/19/2011 7:25 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 12/19/2011 7:25:00 PM (view original):
Tebow will be the Broncos starting QB next season - book it.

And do you really think "accusing" me of being a Broncos fan offends me?  I've never once said Tebow is a great QB.  I just said he doesn't suck. It's all you blind haters who deal in foolish extremes.
lol - physician heal thyself. Do i need to respost some of the bullshit you've spouted about Cam Newton? You are funny little guy, fanboy! 
12/19/2011 8:19 PM
And billy boy has officially been blocked. He's like a broken record - repeats himself over and over and over again, but every now and then comes out with something original and you think things might be working, but then back comes the repetition.

The humorous thing is that he thinks we're back in fourth grade.  "Hey, let's call this guy a name 1000 times until he either completely flips out or runs crying to the teacher!! Whaddya say, boys???"

I guarantee you little willy doesn't have a single friend in the real world.

Sincerely, Fanboy!!!
12/19/2011 10:03 PM
willgibson > tebow
12/19/2011 10:05 PM
Billy boy is a canuck.   As a people, they're not too bright, eh?
12/20/2011 8:23 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/20/2011 8:23:00 AM (view original):
Billy boy is a canuck.   As a people, they're not too bright, eh?
+1
12/20/2011 9:00 AM

Since jtpops is also a canuck, this is what I imagine the fight between him and will looks like:

12/20/2011 10:14 AM
Billy's the kid in the wheelchair. I swing a pretty mean crutch.
12/20/2011 11:16 AM
And billy boy has officially been blocked. He's like a broken record - repeats himself over and over and over again, but every now and then comes out with something original and you think things might be working, but then back comes the repetition.

So instead of trying to prove your point, you act like a little kid and block someone who is obviously getting the better of you in this argument.  No wonder no one takes your posts seriously and look at your arguments as entertainment and nothing else.
12/20/2011 11:28 AM
Swamphawk II......loud and proud!
12/20/2011 11:31 AM
Posted by jiml60 on 12/20/2011 11:28:00 AM (view original):

So instead of trying to prove your point, you act like a little kid and block someone who is obviously getting the better of you in this argument.  No wonder no one takes your posts seriously and look at your arguments as entertainment and nothing else.

jim, I can't stand you, you can't stand me, but at least I can concede you can put together a rational argument.

Do you ever read will's crap? I've refuted him many times, with facts and arguments to back up my points, and his response is always some variation of "whatever, fanboy!!"

So if you think he's gotten the better of me or anyone else, then I suggest you try engaging him in some kind of debate and see where it gets you.

12/20/2011 12:02 PM
That's funny.  I don't feel like anyone has gotten "the better of" me.   But I've blocked several people.    Just like in the real world, there are people who aren't worth my time.  In the real world, I don't talk to them, they don't talk to me.   Unfortunately, on the internet, they'll continue to address you long after you say "Not interested."   So I block them.   They're usually too dense, too stupid, too repetitive or too boring.   Sometimes all of the above.   Often, they can't recall what was on the previous page so you have to repeat everything so, all of a sudden, you're becoming repetitive.    IMO, it's just better to block them and strive for interaction with better users.
12/20/2011 12:57 PM
◂ Prev 1...103|104|105|106|107...190 Next ▸
Broncos - Ware's the defense? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.