Tim Tebow Topic

So the Jets don't get tape on opposing players?   They had never seen Tebow in action until training camp?
12/31/2012 3:06 PM

Tebow is not a good NFL QB - but he led an NFL team to the playoffs last season. I'm pretty sure he could have done more than serve on the punt team and hand the ball off. He certainly could not have done worse than Sanchez.

The Jets screwed themselves by investing so much in Sanchez - they had to stick with him as long as they could. And then, because of the "anonymous" crybabies in the locker room, Rex couldn't start Tebow. It's funny though that Tebow is a bad teammate for "********" about playing time, but other players can run to the media like cowards and hide behind anonymous quotes about their teammates.

And news flash, swinenazi: that anonymous backstabbing was happening well before Tebow got there.

12/31/2012 6:03 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 12/31/2012 4:57:00 PM (view original):
It's apparent Rex's thoughts of him faded when the games began. Do you think he was amazing in practices and still didn't play?
I knew last year that Tebow sucked in practices, to the point where it was coming out of Broncos camp that he might be the 4th best QB on the roster, and I don't exactly follow the Broncos.  Do you think the Jets missed that?

I'm anything but a Tebow defender and I never understood why the Jets made the move, but the notion that the Tebow trade is somehow singularly responsible for the Jets season and Tannenbaum's dismissal is laughable.  It was a mess, but again, it was a symptom, not the disease.
12/31/2012 8:00 PM
 THE JETS PROBLEMS= SANCHEZ REGRESSING(WAS DREADFUL), LACK OF RECEIVERS, LACK OF PASS RUSH, SPECIAL TEAMS(ONCE A STRENGTH,NOW AWFUL)
12/31/2012 8:14 PM
Site....stick to the nba threads. You obviously don't know anything about the nfl.
1/1/2013 10:24 AM
The more I listen to the talking heads, the more I have to agree with Mike that Tebow will be an option for the Pats. Tebow is a great athlete - I think of a superutility guy in baseball. You don't want him being the top option at any position, but if you have him to plug holes, etc., he's very valuable. Belichick is creative enough to find ways to use Tebow, and no one NE fans aren't going to cry for Tebow to start. Controversy dead before it starts.

I think the new Jax GM is dumb for saying he doesn't want Tebow. That franchise is in rough shape, without a good QB. If nothing else, Tebow sells a ton of merch and puts a lot of butts in the seats. They should sign Tebow on a one-year deal, even if it's just a PR/business move.

The more I think about it, I honestly feel like coaches and GMs are afraid to give Tebow a shot in case he succeeds and then they are A) forced to keep playing him and B) forced to admit they were wrong. If Tebow's agent is worth a salt though, he'd tell Tebow to start preparing for a career as a TE.
1/11/2013 6:17 PM

NE or NO.  No one clamors for him to start over Bree/Brady.   Both coaches will figure out a way to use him in a variety of positions(Kordell Stewart-like).   That's the only two situations that come to mind that won't create a controversy and will utilize what he can do. 

Jax makes dumb decisions on the fly.   Gabbert is your future?  Then you don't have one.   Nobody goes to Jags games.   If nothing else, he would put butts in those empty seats. 

I think they're afraid to give Tebow a shot because, if he succeeds, they have to redo their offense and back-up QB situation.  You can't have Tebow as the starter and a drop back guy in the back-up role.  And, quite honestly, like Griffin, he's gonna get dinged playing full-time.   If the coach/GM isn't comfortable with the style they'll have to play, their only way out is a Manning-like deal that the Broncos got.    If Denver had dumped Tebow and Manning broke his neck in week 1, the fans would have killed Fox(Horseface gets a pass because he's Elway).

1/11/2013 7:48 PM
Nobody goes to Jags games.

This actually isn't true (at least not by their attendance numbers.  They had 96.8% (17th in the NFL) attendance on the year and I don't believe they had a single home blackout.  I've thought this fact seemed odd, to me, as I lived down there for about 6 months, and never saw any Jaguar fans (didn't spend a lot of time in downtown Jacksonville, though.)
1/11/2013 8:34 PM
They tarp the upper deck.   Percentage is one thing.  Big *** tarps is another.
1/11/2013 8:39 PM
Not the best view but you can see the tarped upper deck.

1/11/2013 8:42 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 3/21/2012 1:00:00 PM (view original):
This could be good or bad for Tebow. NY media are ruthless, but all the Sanchez hate could make Tebow popular. It's also a good system for him - running/defensive oriented/smash mouth team
I'd say it was bad for Tebow.
4/29/2013 1:42 PM
It's silly to imply that Tebow cost the GM his job.   It's hardly Tebow's fault that the team sucked(and still does). 
4/29/2013 3:23 PM
Go back a few pages - he doesn't just imply it, he says it flat out.
4/29/2013 3:25 PM
Well, that's silly.

The guy who didn't get a chance to play cost the GM his job.   Say that out loud. 
4/29/2013 3:27 PM
Tebow still has skills - the Jets just didn't use him right (or very much).

Put Tebow in situations where he can use his combination of skills, which include throwing and running and perhaps even receiving.  Let him do what he did in college or even what he did with the Broncos and he'll give you at least something you can use.

If a team picks Tebow up and he pans out into even half of what his original hype was, then many teams will wish they had jumped on the chance to grab him.
4/30/2013 10:41 AM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...15 Next ▸
Tim Tebow Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.