Tim Tebow Topic

Apparently Bill Belichick "hates" Tebow as a player.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--tim-tebow-blackballed-by-nfl-teams-because-of-cult-like-following--media-frenzy-054940389.html#more-id

After going back and reading through all 11 pages of this read, I want to thank Magic Mike and JT for continuing their suck-n-blow on Tebow. I haven't laughed this hard in a while.
5/15/2013 10:43 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/11/2013 8:39:00 PM (view original):
They tarp the upper deck.   Percentage is one thing.  Big *** tarps is another.
stadium is too big.  They were 20th in attendance last year with just under 65k per game.   Among the teams they outdrew were the Steelers and Bears. 
5/16/2013 9:36 AM
A lot of teams would say "Our stadium is too small."

There's a reason that, every time someone mentions LA getting a team, Jacksonville is listed as a possibility.    Honestly, I think it's a transient Florida thing.   People move from cold weather to FL.  It's not like they've followed the teams down there their entire lives.     If you move to MIA from NY, you don't become a Dolphins fan when you rooted for the Jets your entire life. 

5/16/2013 9:52 AM
Posted by moranis on 5/16/2013 9:36:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/11/2013 8:39:00 PM (view original):
They tarp the upper deck.   Percentage is one thing.  Big *** tarps is another.
stadium is too big.  They were 20th in attendance last year with just under 65k per game.   Among the teams they outdrew were the Steelers and Bears. 
Bears average ticket price is almost double the Jags, Steelers is 25% higher.   Try again.  The Jags are consistently in the bottom handful of teams in the league in revenue.
5/16/2013 10:03 AM
Thought this was an interesting tidbit for this thread.

In the last 25 years 16 QBs have won the Heisman Trophy.
Only one of them has won an NFL playoff game.
5/23/2013 12:56 AM
STATE OF FLORIDA SHOULD LOSE JAGS IN NFL, PANTHERS IN NHL, AND MARLINS IN MLB
5/23/2013 6:13 AM
CAN'T WAIT FOR MADDEN TO COME OUT!!

TEBOW WILL BE A FA, I'LL SIGN HIM TO THE RAIDERS AND WIN THE SUPER BOWL!!!!
5/23/2013 7:59 AM
LOLPATS
6/10/2013 5:12 PM
Can't stop laughing!!!  Hahaha!!!

The Tebow to the Pats articles will all ESPN servers.  Going to be great.
6/10/2013 5:22 PM
I hate the Pats, but as a Tebow fan, I love this move for several reasons:

1) McD drafted him and knows him well

2) McD and Belichick will not be afraid to use Tebow in unconventional ways in all 3 facets of the game

3) Belichick will not let the media or the whole Tebow hype transform his locker room into a sideshow

4) Belichick and McD can probably convince Tebow his best shot to be a successful NFL player is at a position other than QB.

I'm not shocked this comes after news of Gronk's surgery. Tebow will likely see time at TE this season for the Pats if he's good enough.
6/10/2013 5:25 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 6/10/2013 5:25:00 PM (view original):
I hate the Pats, but as a Tebow fan, I love this move for several reasons:

1) McD drafted him and knows him well

2) McD and Belichick will not be afraid to use Tebow in unconventional ways in all 3 facets of the game

3) Belichick will not let the media or the whole Tebow hype transform his locker room into a sideshow

4) Belichick and McD can probably convince Tebow his best shot to be a successful NFL player is at a position other than QB.

I'm not shocked this comes after news of Gronk's surgery. Tebow will likely see time at TE this season for the Pats if he's good enough.
Pats already have 7 TE's on their roster.  Hard to imagine Tebow being better than 1 or 2 of them.

I can see Tebow as a FB/special teamer.   

Listen, the kid is a hard worker.  No, he's not a QB, but he'll be out there pushing the rest of the players by doing the hard work.

I'm totally buying  a Tebow Pats jersey!!  Hahaha!!!
6/10/2013 5:29 PM
A big part of Tebow's problem is pride: "NO! I WON'T CHANGE POSITIONS! I'M A GOOD QB!"

And I get it. The dude is a tireless worker who has always been able to be the best simply by outworking everyone. Not the case anymore. He could outwork any NFL QB x5 and still wouldn't be a good QB. He needs to decide what's more important: being a QB and not having a job, or being something else and potentially being a good to great NFL player.

I think Belichick is one of the few current NFL coaches that could convince him a change is in his best interests.
6/10/2013 5:36 PM
Instead of changing a QB to something else, why don't you sign a player who knows how to play that position?
6/10/2013 5:43 PM
I can't hep feeling like some part of Belichick did it just to spite Mike Silver
6/10/2013 5:58 PM
AREN'T THE PATSIES+ BOBBY BRADY HISTORICALLY GREAT ON 3RD+ 1,4TH +1?

USE TEBLOW NOW?

DUMBASSES
6/10/2013 6:08 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13...15 Next ▸
Tim Tebow Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.