3/22/2012 2:02 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/22/2012 12:05:00 PM (view original):
It always comes back to the Patriots with these damn massholes.
We have the GOAT coach and the GOAT QB, hard to not talk about them 24/7
3/22/2012 2:05 PM
Well as a Jet fan I also said "NOOOOOOOOOO!" because I didnt really like Tebow and I think he's a horrible quarterback.  That was pretty much the 1st reaction of all Jet fans. The same reaction to extending Sanchez.  WTF??? They took a poll in NY on the Tebow trade.  Bad move 62%  Good move 32%.  But when I came to my senses and thought about Sparano and this wildcard and redzone plays it made sense and, again, I like it.
3/22/2012 2:07 PM
Posted by deanod on 3/22/2012 2:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/22/2012 12:05:00 PM (view original):
It always comes back to the Patriots with these damn massholes.
We have the GOAT coach and the GOAT QB, hard to not talk about them 24/7
Yet somehow I manage to do it.
3/22/2012 2:08 PM
As I said earlier, I could understand not wanting Tebow as your #1.    But there's nothing about his presence on your roster that makes your team worse. 
3/22/2012 2:10 PM
However, I'd like to hear an interview where he doesn't sound like he just finished a marathon and connects every sentence with "and".    Goddam.
3/22/2012 2:20 PM (edited)
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/22/2012 2:08:00 PM (view original):
As I said earlier, I could understand not wanting Tebow as your #1.    But there's nothing about his presence on your roster that makes your team worse. 
Exactly right.  Most Jet fans blame the season on Sanchez (Im not one of them) and want him replaced.  Well guess what?  They aint replacing him any time soon, he's your QB like it or Not!!

Most of those same fans think Tebow was the Jets mangement's answer to replacing Sanchez.  If this was the case it would be a disaster!  Out the the pan and into the fire.

But its not the case.  Tebow isn't replacing Sanchez or even competing against him.  He's here to help him.  To take some of the burden off him.  To mix up the offense and the play callling.

You actually said it PERFECT!  "there's nothing about his presence on your roster that makes your team worse"

It sames like there is alot of upside potential when the only cost is a 4th round pick and a few dollars.
3/22/2012 2:37 PM
What's the old saying? If you have two quarterbacks, you don't have any.

Sanchez sucks, Tebow sucks.

How successful do you think the wildcat was for Miami?
3/22/2012 2:41 PM
They don't have 2 QB.   Sanchez is the starter, Tebow will have some specialized plays.    If you think of it as a two TE set or a spread or a heavy package, it's really no different.  Just different personnel running a play.

That said, Rex seems to enjoy tweaking Sanchez.  He can turn it into a circus in a single game or even a press conference.
3/22/2012 2:49 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 3/22/2012 2:37:00 PM (view original):
What's the old saying? If you have two quarterbacks, you don't have any.

Sanchez sucks, Tebow sucks.

How successful do you think the wildcat was for Miami?
You dont get it.

Also Jets have a way better team than Miami had, this may just make them better.

Miami sucked wildcat or no wildcat

You dont get it.
3/22/2012 2:50 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/22/2012 2:41:00 PM (view original):
They don't have 2 QB.   Sanchez is the starter, Tebow will have some specialized plays.    If you think of it as a two TE set or a spread or a heavy package, it's really no different.  Just different personnel running a play.

That said, Rex seems to enjoy tweaking Sanchez.  He can turn it into a circus in a single game or even a press conference.
+1

Thats the way I see it, but who really knows.  We will see.
3/22/2012 2:54 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/22/2012 2:41:00 PM (view original):

From a total X's and O's standpoint, I completely agree with all of that, but Tebow, through no fault of his own, brings a whole lot with him that you have to deal with that can create problems.  There will be a media crunch around him and intense scrutiny of everything that happens with him.  There will be a vocal minority of fans that will think Tebow should be the guy and will let everyone know about it, and their numbers will probably only increase if Sanchez doesn't play dramatically better.  And you've got a locker room situation that didn't seem to be the most stable to begin with.

In the right environment, something like this makes a ton of sense, but I can see why people would question whether the Jets would be the right environment.
3/22/2012 3:04 PM
Here's the stupid part of this move, for those (i.e. primetime) who think Sanchez and Tebow can nicely co-exist in Jet-land.

Sanchez is an emotionally insecure QB. 

If you don't think that having the one QB who the entire NFL world talked about in 2011, and who has a nearly cult-like following, standing on the sidelines waiting to come into the game is not going to have a negative effect on Sanchez, then you're living in a different reality from the rest of us.
3/22/2012 3:12 PM
If Sanchez is that mentally weak, the Jets will be better served finding that out now.    How many "elite", playoff-quality QB, would be concerned with Tebow standing on the sidelines?    Shouldn't teams strive to have playoff-quality QB?

AC, I've already said Rex could turn it into a circus.   Or he can make it work.   Fans don't call plays or set line-ups.   As long as Rex doesn't bench Sanchez during a bad game or start "It's an open competition"/"we evaluate each position every week" discussions, there won't be a problem.   Tebow isn't going to yap to the media about more playing time.    The Sanchez/Ryan relationship is the potential problem not Tebow's presence.
3/22/2012 3:16 PM
I essentially would agree with you that the root issue is the Sanchez/Ryan relationship - and really Ryan's leadership in general.  The presence of Tebow is just one more mine in that particular field.
3/22/2012 3:25 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 3/22/2012 3:04:00 PM (view original):
Here's the stupid part of this move, for those (i.e. primetime) who think Sanchez and Tebow can nicely co-exist in Jet-land.

Sanchez is an emotionally insecure QB. 

If you don't think that having the one QB who the entire NFL world talked about in 2011, and who has a nearly cult-like following, standing on the sidelines waiting to come into the game is not going to have a negative effect on Sanchez, then you're living in a different reality from the rest of us.
Look I could be wrong and you may be right but I just dont think thats the way its gonna be.  I know it sounds dumb as they are both QBs but I look at them playing 2 different positions and not competing at all.

Look they were 8-8 and not even really that good.  Sanchez would have to play better to be considered terrible.  Tebow being here can only shake things up.  If this makes them worse, who cares.  Worse than not making the playoffs??  But if it makes them better ...........

We ill see
of 16

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.