Who would you take today? Topic

Yea, I assumed he was talking "football dumb."
10/24/2012 11:10 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 10/24/2012 11:25:00 AM (view original):
I also thought Jason Campbell would be a good QB. :)  So I could be wrong.
Campbell is football dumb. Wasn't helped with constant changing coaches with Skins
10/25/2012 12:37 AM
Posted by livemike on 10/25/2012 12:37:00 AM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 10/24/2012 11:25:00 AM (view original):
I also thought Jason Campbell would be a good QB. :)  So I could be wrong.
Campbell is football dumb. Wasn't helped with constant changing coaches with Skins
Agree. I don't think he was in the best situation in Washington.
10/25/2012 6:13 AM
He stunk in Oakland too.   Let's not give him too big of a pass.
10/25/2012 8:04 AM

Yes, Oakland, that bastion of stability that is ideal for any quarterback to grow and flourish in!

And I'm not giving him a pass, I don't think was ever going to be good - but I don't see Oakland being a good counter to the "he was in a bad situation" argument.

10/25/2012 8:45 AM
Well, I wasn't claiming that Oakland was a nurturing QB enviroment.    Just pointing out that, if a QB stinks for multiple seasons with multiple teams, at some point, it's on him.
10/25/2012 8:55 AM
Luck
RGIII
Andy Dalton
Tanehill
Newton
Locker
Weedon
10/26/2012 10:53 AM
After reading these 3 pages, Russell Wilson looks at his Super Bowl ring and laughs that NO ONE mentioned him.
5/5/2014 11:58 PM
I picked Andrew Luck, and I'd still rather have him than Russell Wilson.

Russell didn't exactly light the world on fire the last two months of the season, he just happened to be the QB of a team that had an amazing defense.
5/6/2014 2:47 AM
Yeah, a handful of bad QB have rings.   Not that Wilson is Dilfer-esque but he's not the reason Seattle won a Super Bowl.   He pretty much played the same role Rapelisberger played when they beat Seattle.    Don't do anything stupid, make an occassional play and let the rest of the team win the game.
5/6/2014 8:11 AM
That wasnt the point, guys.   People made lists.   Detailed lists.  Like this one from right above this post

Luck
RGIII
Andy Dalton
Tanehill
Newton
Locker
Weedon

Where TANNEHILL, LOCKER AND WEEDON were mentioned.  And not Wilson.  LOL @ that post.

And if you think Russell Wilson is anything other than a class A bonafide WINNER...  you're wrong.  He is more than a game manager.  He is very talented.  And has qualitites seen in QBs who have won multiple Super Bowls.

And the Seahawks saw it right from the get go.  They had just gotten Flynn for STUPID money, and yet gave the job to Wilson. 
5/9/2014 1:28 PM
Not saying his role won't expand.   He seems to be quite capable of more responsibility.   But, right now, his role is pretty much as I descirbed it.   Seems to me that his line reads "13-18, 143 yds, 1 TD" quite a bit.   Nothing wrong with that but that's not why his team is winning.
5/9/2014 2:08 PM
I'm not a grammar/spelling nazi but I wouldn't take too much stock into people that misspell 2 of the 7 names listed.

Russell Wilson was last among QB's, that started all 16 games, in pass attempts. So he's definitely in a "Game manager" position. The "WINNER" label is the most dumbshit title in sports. You know who used to the biggest "Winner" in college football?          Colt McCoy.

He ended up with the Browns, stunk, and apparently isn't a "Winner" anymore. If Russell Wilson ended up with the Browns or Jaguars, he'd be an afterthought. Maybe he gets them to 7 or 8 wins, but sure as hell not a SB title. AJ McCarron is a "Winner", what do you think of his career prospects?
5/9/2014 2:42 PM
Non-loser is probably a better description.   If you play on a good team and don't screw up, you'll probably be a "winner". 
5/9/2014 3:28 PM
LUCK
NEWTON
TANNEHILL
RG111
5/9/2014 5:29 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Who would you take today? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.