RG III Topic

Fox is a crap coach.   Manning runs the offense, with his weakass arm, and Fox keeps his yap shut.  Hell, you could say the same thing last year and insert Tebow.   Fox's coaching is "OK.  Well make something happen out there."

1/9/2013 1:32 PM
Ya...Tebow ran the offense last year. Unveil more of your expertise
1/9/2013 1:39 PM
So you're saying Fox designed the "Look around like you have no clue, run left, run right, run back left, no right, ok, take off" play?  That offense worked because no one had a clue what Tebow was going to do.    Especially Fox. 
1/9/2013 1:45 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 1/9/2013 1:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by AlCheez on 1/9/2013 1:16:00 PM (view original):
And no, he's not Crennel, but his phone isn't going to start ringing off the hook if he loses this job either.
I guarantee you if he was fired today, at very least, the Chargers, Eagles, Browns and Cardinals would have strong interest.
I doubt that's true - he insists (and I'm pretty sure at this point it would be a disaster if he didn't get) on final say on personnel, very few teams are even willing to give that to begin with, and his post-Elway track record doesn't really suggest it's the best idea.
1/9/2013 1:51 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/9/2013 1:45:00 PM (view original):
So you're saying Fox designed the "Look around like you have no clue, run left, run right, run back left, no right, ok, take off" play?  That offense worked because no one had a clue what Tebow was going to do.    Especially Fox. 
Tebows dumb - you tell us that all the time. Now his expert running of the offense was the reason they made the playoffs?

Time to begin the MikeT process of talking in circles and trying to convince us you didn't say what you said.

I'm beginning to think the biggest dumbass on this site is actually you.
1/9/2013 2:50 PM
You all are idiots.

Both Fox and Shanny the drunken rat are decent coaches.  They are not the best out there....but they surely aren't in the bottom half either.  

Shanahan the GM sucks though.
1/10/2013 9:35 AM
Take out the two Super Bowl seasons and the guy has one playoff win in his career, including losing as the number one seed(first game)the year before the SB win. lucked into two of the all time greats at the peak of their careers. League popped him and the Broncos for circumventing the salary cap during those two SB years. Tainted. He blows, he's always blown and will continue to blow. He's a liar and a douchebag. Not much good can be said about the guy.
1/10/2013 10:53 AM
Raiders fan, I'm guessing?
1/10/2013 1:44 PM
Posted by 05nomar05 on 1/10/2013 9:35:00 AM (view original):
You all are idiots.

Both Fox and Shanny the drunken rat are decent coaches.  They are not the best out there....but they surely aren't in the bottom half either.  

Shanahan the GM sucks though.

I still don't know how anyone is seperating the coach from the GM in the evaluation since they've been a package deal for so long.

That being said, I don't think he's in the bottom half - but he's not so far from it as to have a ton of job security, especially in Washington.  And I don't think this far removed from his SB victories and with what the record has looked like since that he would go to the top of a bunch of searches if he suddenly became available today.

1/10/2013 2:04 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 1/10/2013 1:44:00 PM (view original):
Raiders fan, I'm guessing?
And a realist.
1/10/2013 2:10 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 1/9/2013 2:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/9/2013 1:45:00 PM (view original):
Tebows dumb - you tell us that all the time. Now his expert running of the offense was the reason they made the playoffs?

Time to begin the MikeT process of talking in circles and trying to convince us you didn't say what you said.

I'm beginning to think the biggest dumbass on this site is actually you.
So looking around like you have no clue and running for your life takes brains?

Seriously, the read option or spread or whatever Tebow ran is a simple offense.    Tebow couldn't find a secondary receiver if 8 stayed in blocking.
1/10/2013 2:18 PM
Posted by The Taint on 1/10/2013 10:53:00 AM (view original):
Take out the two Super Bowl seasons and the guy has one playoff win in his career, including losing as the number one seed(first game)the year before the SB win. lucked into two of the all time greats at the peak of their careers. League popped him and the Broncos for circumventing the salary cap during those two SB years. Tainted. He blows, he's always blown and will continue to blow. He's a liar and a douchebag. Not much good can be said about the guy.
Why would you "take out the two Super Bowl seasons"?!  That's like saying, "Take out the Super Bowls and Joe Montana wasn't so great".

They WON the Super Bowls, something that a lot of teams/coaches couldn't do.  You can't just blithely ignore his main accomplishments.

He's a very good offensive coordinator, mediocre head coach, terrible GM, and probably a complete cluster **** of an owner.

Classic Peter Principle.
1/10/2013 3:17 PM
Because they were busted for cheating....they played on an uneven playing field, circumventing the salary cap. I know as a Niner fan you condone such behavior(being the only other team busted for this transgression) but I don't. Not to mention, that wasn't a team he built...as has been stated elsewhere in the thread, you have to measure his GM skills in with his coaching ability since they are a package deal.
1/10/2013 4:26 PM
RGIII benched last season. Benched again this season. He's still supremely talented (with a questionable mental state) so I believe he'll put it together at some point, I just don't see it happening for him in Washington.

LOL at the Mike Shanahan praise in this thread. 
11/26/2014 2:28 AM
Cutler III

QBs with a questionable mental state don't do well.   They hang around because people say "He's supremely talented and, if we can get his head straight,........."
11/26/2014 6:55 AM
◂ Prev 1234
RG III Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.