Great coaching by Fox Topic

*yawn*
1/12/2013 9:38 PM
Good call, it's a discussion that is impossible for a Bronco's fan to win.
1/12/2013 9:40 PM
1/12/2013 9:49 PM
PHOTO EVIDENCE!!! FOX SUCKS!!!
1/12/2013 9:49 PM
Oh wait...Fox doesn't wear a uniform. My bad.
1/12/2013 9:50 PM
31 seconds left, ball on the 30, Manning at QB and two timeouts in his pocket.    Kneel.

That's your evidence that Fox sucks.

1/13/2013 8:17 AM

3rd and 7 about a 1:45 to go Manning at QB with a 7 point lead, hey lets run the ball. Yeah why let one of the best QB's to ever play the game throw the ball. I don't trust him as much as I trust a defense that has already been torched numerous times on deep balls and has given up 4 TD's in a game I am lucky to be ahead in. Not even a Broncos fan but the man should have been fired during the damn game and if not then during the post game press confrences.

1/13/2013 9:16 AM
Lol at people saying that Baltimore shouldn't have won.
1/13/2013 10:20 AM
That call by Carroll was Foxesque
1/13/2013 2:09 PM

“You don’t win, you get criticized on everything, so that’s par for the course,” Denver coach John Fox said after the game. “Thirty seconds, it’s hard to go the length of the field, some bad stuff can happen — as you saw at the end of the game.”

What Fox seemed to be referencing there (though the time window is a bit off) is Manning’s brutal overtime interception, which set the stage for Baltimore to walk off a winner.

Rather than risk a Manning mistake late in regulation, Fox opted to play for overtime — mimicking his strategy at the end of the first half, when he had Manning hand off to Jacob Hester once before heading to the locker room, taking three timeouts with him.

1/13/2013 2:13 PM
I guess Fox didn't realize he only had to get to the 35 or so in order to attempt a game-winning FG.
1/13/2013 2:14 PM
You have to at least hand the ball off, maybe the RB breaks one.
1/13/2013 2:35 PM
Mike can't seem to tell the difference between "Conservative" and "Sucks".  The Broncos defense has gone from dead last to 2nd in the league in two seasons under Fox, and prior to last night's game, the offense really hasn't been all that conservative this season. And to listen to Manning in his post-game press conference, it sounds like McCoy calls the offensive plays, not Fox. If it was Fox, my only guess is that he saw Manning struggling in the cold and had flashbacks to last season with Tebow - didn't want to make a critical mistake. Should they have kneeled? Heck no, but I don't think that's evidence of bad coaching. Mike sucks Belichik's c*ck all the time - I seem to remember a play a few years back when it was 4th and 2 and Belichick went for it, the Pats got stuffed, Manning drove a short field for the winning points and Big Bill got ripped for not pinning Peyton deep. If one or two decisions defined a career, all coaches would be in trouble.

Bottom line - Fox is a Top 15 coach in the NFL, maybe Top 10. If that "sucks", then I'm okay with having a coach who sucks.
1/13/2013 2:44 PM (edited)
You don't have a say.   But it's good to know you're fine with a ****** coach.

And, FWIW, I don't care who calls the plays, I'd say it's Manning, but you can be damn sure that the head coach signs off on a kneel down. 
1/13/2013 2:51 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/13/2013 2:51:00 PM (view original):
You don't have a say.   But it's good to know you're fine with a ****** coach.

And, FWIW, I don't care who calls the plays, I'd say it's Manning, but you can be damn sure that the head coach signs off on a kneel down. 
I have more say than a bitter Raiders fan. Honestly - you shouldn't have a right to talk about how any team is run. The Raiders are on one of the longest streaks of sucktitude in the NFL
1/13/2013 4:49 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9|10 Next ▸
Great coaching by Fox Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.