Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

The bottom line for the hype machine and those who buy into it is that when the team wins it is ALL or mostly because of Brady and when the team loses it is ALL or mostly because of someone else. When they win Brady gets the credit. When they lose, someone else takes the blame.

Even when someone does blame Brady, they must play by the rules of Brady worship, which dictate they must also take the time to say how awesome he is in spite of his mistakes and failures.

1/21/2013 10:46 AM
Posted by bistiza on 1/21/2013 10:46:00 AM (view original):
The bottom line for the hype machine and those who buy into it is that when the team wins it is ALL or mostly because of Brady and when the team loses it is ALL or mostly because of someone else. When they win Brady gets the credit. When they lose, someone else takes the blame.

Even when someone does blame Brady, they must play by the rules of Brady worship, which dictate they must also take the time to say how awesome he is in spite of his mistakes and failures.

You are an idiot.  Anyone knows football isn't a 1 man sport.  No, they aren't saying Brady willed the team on his own.  That said, he's the QB.  The touches the ball every snap and is the most important position on the team.  That's why he/all QB's get more praise when they win.

1/21/2013 10:55 AM
It's funny because I thought the TD to Welker was a perfect example of coaching taking advantage of the match-up/Welker's ability.   Brady had to make a throw that most 15 year olds can make. 

Yet, the Brady defenders are all over Welker for dropping a couple of passes.    It was -40 out there.
1/21/2013 11:18 AM
Your last "paragraph" just shows why your "analysis" on Brady and the Pats is skewed.  Brady and Gronk are terrible humans?  Seriously???  Moron.

I forgot I'm not allowed to have an opinion if you disagree with it. I'll try not to do that in the future. *rolls eyes*
That's why he/all QB's get more praise when they win.
This is what you don't get.

If it's ANY OTHER QB in the same situation, they don't get as much praise for wins or good things they do and if they have a bad performance or cost the team the game, they get torn to shreds.

When it's Brady, he gets huge amounts of praise for doing nothing more than managing not to lose when the team would win the game with or without him, and if he does have a bad performance or costs them the win, very few people are willing to even say it's his fault and he NEVER gets torn to shreds the way anyone else would if they did the same thing.

The rules of Brady worship dictate that he cannot be criticized too harshly  or too often, and any criticism must be accompanied by praise.

1/21/2013 11:25 AM
Posted by bistiza on 1/21/2013 11:25:00 AM (view original):
Your last "paragraph" just shows why your "analysis" on Brady and the Pats is skewed.  Brady and Gronk are terrible humans?  Seriously???  Moron.

I forgot I'm not allowed to have an opinion if you disagree with it. I'll try not to do that in the future. *rolls eyes*
That's why he/all QB's get more praise when they win.
This is what you don't get.

If it's ANY OTHER QB in the same situation, they don't get as much praise for wins or good things they do and if they have a bad performance or cost the team the game, they get torn to shreds.

When it's Brady, he gets huge amounts of praise for doing nothing more than managing not to lose when the team would win the game with or without him, and if he does have a bad performance or costs them the win, very few people are willing to even say it's his fault and he NEVER gets torn to shreds the way anyone else would if they did the same thing.

The rules of Brady worship dictate that he cannot be criticized too harshly  or too often, and any criticism must be accompanied by praise.

Really?  Montana, Farve, Manning/s, Young, etc don't get credit for games they've won?  Hell, Terry Bradshaw is known as one of the greats and his stats suck.
1/21/2013 12:14 PM
BRADY HASN'T WON **** WITHOUT CHEATING OR TUCK RULES
1/21/2013 12:18 PM
Posted by 05nomar05 on 1/21/2013 10:42:00 AM (view original):
Posted by moranis on 1/21/2013 10:35:00 AM (view original):
Welker and Vereen certainly should have caught the three "drops", but lets not pretend those were perfect throws because they clearly weren't.  Especially that 3rd and 7 to Welker which was behind him and high.  Should have been caught anyway, but also could have been better throws.

Lets also not forget the countless other balls that were batted down at the line or where Brady just clearly missed.  He was off target the entire game. 

The one to Vareen was behind him.

The 2 that Welker dropped were great throws.  He should have caught them.
You are crazy.  The 3rd and 7 "drop" was behind Welker, to the wrong shoulder, and high.  It certainly should have been caught, but it was far from a great throw and it wasn't like it was a 40 yard bomb, it was a quick 10 yard pass.  A better throw from Brady and they get the first down easily.
1/21/2013 12:33 PM
Really?  Montana, Farve, Manning/s, Young, etc don't get credit for games they've won?  Hell, Terry Bradshaw is known as one of the greats and his stats suck.

In general quarterbacks get far too much credit when the team wins games. This is true for all of them, and especially true in the cases where the QB really doesn't have much else to his credit except his team won when it mattered most.

Bradshaw is incredibly over rated. Montana is over rated too, but less so because he actually made some plays not any NFL QB could have made.

Brady tops them all. Never has the gap been wider between what a player has actually done and the perception of that player.

I've never heard anyone defend Brady without discussing 3 SB wins that came from talented teams which would probably have won with any QB under center and/or stats that are inflated by playing on a talented team where he throws a TON of short passes.

If Peyton Manning were to throw as many screens and short underneath stuff as Brady, he'd have a completion percentage of 75 plus and a rating of 125 every single season.
1/21/2013 1:18 PM
For the Brady arguers, a good article about Brady/Pats and how early success can skew public opinion: Grantland article 
1/21/2013 1:24 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 1/20/2013 9:37:00 PM (view original):
I didn't think it was possible, but the Pats look worse than Denver last week. As much as I hate Belichick, this is one of the very few games I've seen where it looks like he's been completely out-coached.

7 straight runs they know are coming, and they can't do a thing to stop it.
"out coached" is an overused excuse and line

7 straight runs they couldn't stop isn't coaching....Wes Welker not being a big game WR isn't coaching
1/21/2013 1:45 PM
Welker should have called a timeout with the clock running down in the first half.    Dumb bastard.
1/21/2013 1:54 PM
To my eye, Welker looked gassed during the 4th quarter.  The no-huddle also takes a toll on the offense, especially when you're the slot guy running pass routes all day.  Brady doesn't care... he just stands back there.  It was laughable to see the 4th down play where Brady decided he couldn't outrun the 320-lb Ngata to the sticks. 
1/21/2013 1:55 PM
Posted by bistiza on 1/21/2013 10:39:00 AM (view original):
I didn't see Brady make any good throws. I saw him do what he usually does - he hit a lot of screens and short passes, and when the line gave him all day to throw, he sometimes made a down field completion if someone was wide open.

They DID play hurry up early and the Ravens held them to a field goal. The hurry up wasn't working as well this game as it didn't against Houston, which shouldn't be a surprise given the Ravens defense.

I'm also glad "Gronk" was out with an injury. The guy is a world-class jerk. Sports Illustrated did a cover story on him that showed what a terrible human being he is. I don't like Brady and think he's a horrible person too, but compared to "Gronk", Brady is a saint.

your lunacy is adorable.....however, the throw to Hernandez with two free blitzers coming in untouched was a great throw, and to deny that is a failure to accept reality...which then in turn, reduces the effect of the rest of your rant

also, calling someone a terrible human being while celebrating that person's physical injury seems, hmmmmm....layered in hypocrisy
1/21/2013 1:56 PM
toddcommish,

That is an excellent article you linked to and it shows how skewed people's opinions of Brady are.

The guy had early success based on being on talented teams, then somehow chokes in later years despite having what most consider to be MORE talent around him, at least on offense.
7 straight runs they couldn't stop isn't coaching....Wes Welker not being a big game WR isn't coaching

Brady being unable to make throws in the clutch isn't coaching either.
1/21/2013 1:59 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/21/2013 1:54:00 PM (view original):
Welker should have called a timeout with the clock running down in the first half.    Dumb bastard.
I'm no BB defender, but that one to me seemed to be all on Brady.....yes the coach could call it from the sideline, but Tom was looking around like he was confused and then ran to the line wasting pretty much all of the time

honestly, I think he expected a penalty on his karate kick to Ed Reed
1/21/2013 2:03 PM
◂ Prev 1...17|18|19|20|21...85 Next ▸
Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.