Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Posted by bistiza on 2/20/2013 1:44:00 PM (view original):
bad_luck,

I'm not discussing the topic - I'm discussing how it's over, and only to remind you of that fact since you keep forgetting it.

burnsy,

I have been personally attacked MANY times over the course of several "debates", including the one about Brady. Your comment about "bratty little kid" is yet another of these attacks.

I am just as entitled to my opinion as you are to yours or anyone else is to theirs. It seems there is no one on these boards who can discuss a disagreement without resorting to personal attacks.

No matter what definition you use for internet troll (unless you're the one who is, in fact, making it up), none of them fit me. All of my opinions are 100 percent genuine, and I'm only here for discussion, not to cause any kind of trouble.

If you want to know what a real troll is, I'd suggest you look at a few other posters. You can start with bad_luck, as he's far closer to being a troll than I could ever be.
I didn't call you a bratty little kid.  I don't think I ever personally attacked you, aside from telling you look immature when you go *rolls eyes*

"Trolling" doesn't necessarily mean you're attacking someone, it could be as simple as getting the conversation off topic to try to generate a response that leads the conversation away from what it was supposed to be discussing.  Which is what you did in our QB draft thread.
2/20/2013 1:51 PM
You seem to enjoy trying to resurrect issues that are long dead and argue over them. Why is that?
2/20/2013 1:51 PM
To make you look foolish, obviously.  You both have been trying to make the other person look ridiculous for months.
2/20/2013 1:54 PM
Posted by bistiza on 2/20/2013 1:51:00 PM (view original):
You seem to enjoy trying to resurrect issues that are long dead and argue over them. Why is that?
This issue never actually got argued.

You claimed there was equal amounts of evidence for both sides and then refused to present any (you did give three pieces of evidence but then deleted the post).
2/20/2013 1:58 PM
burnsy,

Conversations sometimes go off topic for a variety of reasons. That doesn't make anyone or everyone who participates in those discussion a troll. In fact, many times several conversations go on within one thread, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Sometimes side topics come up, or the main topic goes off on a tangent, or whatever. There is nothing wrong with any of it. Anyone is free to discuss whatever they'd like, and that's often what makes for good discussion.

You can't make up a rule that say only one thought per thread and as soon as anyone isn't 100 percent focused on that thought the thread is over - unless you want to go create your own message board for that purpose. Have fun with that instead of accepting the reality that people are free to post as they please.
2/20/2013 1:58 PM
bad_luck,

I don't need to justify any of my opinions to you.

burnsy,

If bad_luck is trying to make me look foolish, he's failed miserably and only made himself look foolish in ways I couldn't accomplish even if I were trying (and I'm not).
2/20/2013 2:00 PM
The age of the earth isn't an opinion.
2/20/2013 2:03 PM
Biz, I'm often trolling.  It doesn't mean there's something wrong with it, I'm usually just trying to be funny.  We're having a QB draft, the conversation you were still having about Brady was better served in this thread.  Most people have moved on from it because they've become indifferent to your opinions, so it came across as annoying.
2/20/2013 2:04 PM
bad_luck,

People are free to believe whatever they want about any issue they choose, including the age of the earth. That's how an opinion works. If you really don't understand that, perhaps that's why you're having trouble when you try to argue with me (or anyone, for that matter).

burnsy,

Sure, that conversation may have been better served in another thread. That doesn't make someone a troll for having it there instead.

If people are indifferent to my opinions, I would suggest many of them probably disagree with me but realize I will defend my opinions and they don't want to argue so they leave it alone. This is often a wise move if you'd like to avoid becoming frustrated in a debate that is unwinnable.
2/20/2013 2:12 PM
Biz - no, that's an example of trolling.  But that's fine, believe what you like. 

If by "defending my opinions" you mean "repeating myself over and over and ignoring all evidence you present against my statements until you become frustrated and stop arguing with me" then yes, you "defend your opinions" well.
2/20/2013 2:18 PM

2/20/2013 2:18 PM
burnsy,

You have things backward. I repeat things because you and others ignore them.

I've addressed a lot of evidence in the Brady debate and none of it did anything against what I had to say.

People become frustrated and stop arguing with me because they want very badly to defeat my opinion since they disagree with it so much, but they have no valid way to get the job done. Eventually they simply give up because they know it can't be done, and as I said, it's often a wise move to give up when you can't win anyway.

2/20/2013 2:23 PM
2/20/2013 2:28 PM
Did badluck declare victory again?
2/20/2013 2:32 PM
Sort of.

He declared that his opinion isn't an opinion and implied it is a fact.

2/20/2013 2:36 PM
◂ Prev 1...58|59|60|61|62...85 Next ▸
Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.