Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

I totally believe Moss made Brady better, to think not IS ludicrous.  I believe he did.  I think he was great before then, and he's been great since.  He threw for the most yards of his career without Moss in the lineup.  Your argument is a loser that anyone who knows football will laugh at.
2/21/2013 11:23 AM
Posted by bistiza on 2/21/2013 11:22:00 AM (view original):
Would you like me to list the bad plays Peyton Manning has made to cost his teams games?  It's a long list.

NO. I already said people are completely willing to discuss other QBs failings, including especially Manning.

What I want you to do is admit to Brady's failings and discuss those objectively. You won't do it, because when you do, it will show you Brady isn't so great and you're over rating him (unless you want to keep up your denial even in the face of the failings, and that just shows you've got issues beyond this here).
Why is it his fault when they lose...but it's all the team when he wins?  He gets no credit at all?
2/21/2013 11:24 AM
So when are you planning to address Brady's failures? If my argument is such a loser, why can't you do that?
2/21/2013 11:24 AM
Every sports figure has failings.  Name one QB who hasn't thrown a pick or fumbled in a big spot.  You are cherry picking and then accusing others of doing just what you are doing.  How old are you?  Under 30 is my guess.

2/21/2013 11:27 AM
I'll tell you what, you list your top 10 QB's of all time that have never had failures.
2/21/2013 11:29 AM
I'll look at your list when I get home from work.
2/21/2013 11:30 AM
I'm not cherry picking at all - in fact, that's what the Brady supporters are doing. They are cherry picking his good moments and ignoring all his failings.

I noticed you didn't address a single one of his failings yet. When are you going to do that? My guess is never. It's 'the Brady rule' of discussing NFL QBs - only good traits and stats can be discussed and mistakes and failures must never be mentioned, lest they point out how over rated Brady is.

I want to see you address Brady's failures. Your refusal to do so only re-enforces my point that Brady-lovers WANT to over rate him and get it accomplished by refusing to discuss his failings.

Again, if I refuse to discuss the failings of any NFL QB, they all look like the best QB in the world.
2/21/2013 11:40 AM
This thread is too damn funny.
2/21/2013 11:45 AM
Posted by The Taint on 2/21/2013 11:29:00 AM (view original):
I'll tell you what, you list your top 10 QB's of all time that have never had failures.
He put Manning as number 1.  Which is funny, since bis' biggest argument is Brady's "failures".  They have similar stats (with Manning having much better offensive weapons)....yet Brady has failings and was carried.  Manning doesn't?
2/21/2013 11:48 AM
Of course Brady has failings. Has anyone said he was perfect?

Even with those failings, he's among the top two or three QB's in the game today, and among the top 10-20 all time.

Football outsiders has him as the best QB by DYAR in 2012, 2010, and 2009 (third in 2011).

DYAR: Quarterbacks are ranked according to DYAR, or Defense-adjusted Yards Above Replacement. This gives the value of the quarterback 's performance compared to replacement level, adjusted for situation and opponent and then translated into yardage
2/21/2013 11:53 AM
For what it's worth (which is nothing, these stats will also be ignored):

DYAR:

2007 Brady 1st
2008 Cassel 18th
2009 Brady 1st
2/21/2013 11:58 AM
burnsy, bis has already told you how Brady is statistically horrible. Your statistics are irrelevant and will not be considered. This discussion is over.
2/21/2013 12:02 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 2/21/2013 11:58:00 AM (view original):
For what it's worth (which is nothing, these stats will also be ignored):

DYAR:

2007 Brady 1st
2008 Cassel 18th
2009 Brady 1st
Um...Moss didn't try in 2008....since Brady wasn't there.
2/21/2013 12:05 PM
i love how the tuck rule fumble keeps coming up as something that Brady failed at as if Tom Brady himself wrote the rule.  Was the play called according to the rule set down by the league? yup.  Does it make any sense to any one watching the game why it wasnt a fumble?  nope, it sure looked like one to me (not as bad as the Calvin Johnson no catch against the Bears a couple years ago where he caught it in the end zone, high fived like 34 people and then put the ball on the ground so it was ruled incomplete...and im a huge Bears fan).  Brady definitely benefited from the call because they obviously went on to win the game and the Super Bowl, but to say its a failing when even the official calling the game said that ruling it an incomplete pass was an "easy call" seems a bit much.  if anything, the "failing" in that case lies with the NFL.

Brady has failed...in some cases in huge situations.  he has definitely made some poor throws and poor decisions that the local high school QB can probably make (against high school competition).  but he has also succeded in a number of huge situations.

2/21/2013 1:02 PM
Posted by bistiza on 2/21/2013 11:40:00 AM (view original):
I'm not cherry picking at all - in fact, that's what the Brady supporters are doing. They are cherry picking his good moments and ignoring all his failings.

I noticed you didn't address a single one of his failings yet. When are you going to do that? My guess is never. It's 'the Brady rule' of discussing NFL QBs - only good traits and stats can be discussed and mistakes and failures must never be mentioned, lest they point out how over rated Brady is.

I want to see you address Brady's failures. Your refusal to do so only re-enforces my point that Brady-lovers WANT to over rate him and get it accomplished by refusing to discuss his failings.

Again, if I refuse to discuss the failings of any NFL QB, they all look like the best QB in the world.
I'm a Raider fan you dipshit. I hate Tom Brady. Hate. Ill never get over the tuck rule. Ever. I'm as far from a Brady lover as you will find. I also root for the Pats to lose every week. I hate Patriot fans....make that all Boston fans. He's had plenty of failures. Every QB has. I understand that, you don't. Ask Herm Edwards why you play the game....andTom Brady wins. With Randy Moss, without Randy Moss. I still hate him.
2/21/2013 1:24 PM
◂ Prev 1...61|62|63|64|65...85 Next ▸
Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.