Makes me sick... Topic

Posted by bistiza on 2/4/2013 2:28:00 PM (view original):
I would like to point out the holding was going on the whole time and the instant they cross five yards its a penalty, which should have been called.
Watch the video closely, and you'll clearly see that the ball was in the air before either player had gone five yards.  As kneeneighbor pointed out, once the ball is in the air, the five yard thing is off the table and it becomes a matter of pass interference.  Both players were manhandling each other, plus it was not a catchable ball.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap2000000135592/Ravens-stop-49ers-on-fourth-down-goal-line-stand
2/4/2013 2:35 PM
That's true, and I just looked back to see.  The ball was out of his hand and Crabtree wasn't in the end zone.  Snapped at the 5.  Good point.
2/4/2013 2:37 PM
Thank you... but lets not let facts get in the way of a good argument!
2/4/2013 2:39 PM
Also, since that video is real-time, the only look the officials get, the contact looks much less one-sided than it does when you slow it down.
2/4/2013 2:39 PM
Posted by kneeneighbor on 2/4/2013 2:33:00 PM (view original):
Wrong, he can hit and chuck him all he wants in the 5 yards, and the ball was out before they hit 5 yards. SO its either PI or no call.

Mike Pereira agrees: About half way through the article he points out how it could not have been called a hold

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/mike-pereira-super-bowl-xlvii-calls-no-holding-on-crucial-play-020313

One of the other telling things about this play, and I noticed it last night and Mike Pereria also points it out in his article, is that Crabtree did not react after the play as if he felt that a penalty should have been called.

Under the circumstances, one would think that he he felt that he were illegally held or interfered with, he'd be raising holy Hell.
2/4/2013 2:41 PM
And interestingly enough, he did react that way after 1st down, when it looked as if he was hit just before the ball reached him.
2/4/2013 2:44 PM
Not sure I'd take much from a player's reaction.   If that's how refs justify calls, there's a bigger problem afoot.
2/4/2013 3:03 PM
Pereira is a homer. I'm not sure I've ever heard him disagree with a refs call
2/4/2013 4:18 PM
Speaking of "Making me sick", how many shots did Bar Refaeli have to drink before making out with the fat, pasty nerd?
2/4/2013 4:18 PM
If by shots, you mean dollars, then millions.  
2/4/2013 4:33 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 2/4/2013 4:18:00 PM (view original):
Speaking of "Making me sick", how many shots did Bar Refaeli have to drink before making out with the fat, pasty nerd?
That man is hero.
2/4/2013 5:10 PM
That was very, very disturbing.
2/4/2013 5:37 PM
Posted by kneeneighbor on 2/4/2013 2:33:00 PM (view original):
Wrong, he can hit and chuck him all he wants in the 5 yards, and the ball was out before they hit 5 yards. SO its either PI or no call.

Mike Pereira agrees: About half way through the article he points out how it could not have been called a hold

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/mike-pereira-super-bowl-xlvii-calls-no-holding-on-crucial-play-020313

Don't use articles and stats with biz.  It'll lead to a 3 week rant-fest and them him saying that the Ref's wife is ugly and overrated.
2/4/2013 5:42 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 2/4/2013 5:37:00 PM (view original):
That was very, very disturbing.
you should the original one that CBS said they couldn't air.  Now that is disgusting.
2/4/2013 6:06 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 2/4/2013 4:18:00 PM (view original):
Pereira is a homer. I'm not sure I've ever heard him disagree with a refs call
you didn't read the article as he clearly says Williams should have been ejected when he shoved the ref.
2/4/2013 6:08 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...60 Next ▸
Makes me sick... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.