Makes me sick... Topic

Dude, do you know how scientests determine the age of the earth? THROUGH MAN-MADE METHODS. And I could find you plenty of reputable scientists who have conducted studies to support the Creationist belief system.

Since no one here was around 160 million years ago, and no evidence was passed along from back then, there's nothing for scientests to verify their findings against to prove accuracy. Therefore, those studies are their BEST GUESS as to how old the earth is. It may be a very educated guess, but it's still a guess.

I have no idea how old the earth is. Neither do you. I BELIEVE it's 10,000ish years old...you BELIEVE it's a billion years old. You know why it's a belief? Because neither side can conclusively prove anything. Therefore, both sides are equally "foolish".
2/5/2013 10:45 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/5/2013 10:16:00 PM (view original):
Did you conduct those studies?  Could you conduct those studies?

No?   So you'll just take their word for it?

You know, some people believed that landing on the moon was faked.   Just sayin'.
This.
2/5/2013 10:47 PM
Evolutionists also don't help their cause with the whole education argument.

Creationists: "Let's teach both in schools and let the kids make up their own minds"

Evolutions: "No! EVOLUTION ONLY!!!"

If you had confidence in your position, you'd have no problem with it being taught alongside an alternative viewpoint.
2/5/2013 10:49 PM
Why do you believe the world is 10,000 years old? What evidence has convinced you of this?
2/5/2013 10:51 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/5/2013 10:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/5/2013 10:16:00 PM (view original):
Did you conduct those studies?  Could you conduct those studies?

No?   So you'll just take their word for it?

You know, some people believed that landing on the moon was faked.   Just sayin'.
This.
I missed you, self quoting Socrates.
2/5/2013 10:52 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 2/5/2013 10:49:00 PM (view original):
Evolutionists also don't help their cause with the whole education argument.

Creationists: "Let's teach both in schools and let the kids make up their own minds"

Evolutions: "No! EVOLUTION ONLY!!!"

If you had confidence in your position, you'd have no problem with it being taught alongside an alternative viewpoint.
I'll ask you this - and it's 2 parts, based on how you answer this question, so bear with me.

WHY do you believe the earth is 10,000 years old, when the vast majority of scientists agree that it's about 4.5 billion years old?
2/5/2013 10:55 PM
Evolutionist: "According to science..."

Creationists: "BIBLE BIBLE BIBLE!!!"
2/5/2013 10:58 PM
Because I don't let the belief of scientists dictate my life?

If scientists could conclusively prove the age of the earth, I'd obviously agree - but they can't. I've examined the evidence, especially the explanations for how the earth came into being, and I believe Creationism is the most logical.

Despite the age debates, scientists cannot even determine how the universe came into existence. A fundamental rule of science is that matter can neither be created nor destroyed. So how did the universe just appear out of nothing? Something had to have created it. Do I know that my beliefs are the capital t Truth? No. But it's what makes the most sense to me.

I think Atheism is the most foolish belief system of all, simply because without some kind of higher power or devine being, there is no way to explain the universe, period.
2/5/2013 11:01 PM
So what evidence leads you to believe that the world is only 10,000 years old?
2/5/2013 11:03 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 2/5/2013 10:58:00 PM (view original):
Evolutionist: "According to science..."

Creationists: "BIBLE BIBLE BIBLE!!!"
Translation: "According to rules of explanation created by man".

And science has proven many aspects of Christianity and the Bible to be accurate. And yet you reject that "science" just as I reject yours. It's funny how everyone can find things to explain their position and reject the rest, isn't it?

As Albert Einstein said: "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind." The two aren't mutually exclusive.
2/5/2013 11:03 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 2/5/2013 11:03:00 PM (view original):
So what evidence leads you to believe that the world is only 10,000 years old?
Hold on - let me find some government website with obscure studies and figures that even I don't understand, then I'll regurgitate them for you.
2/5/2013 11:04 PM
Ok you didn't really answer the question. Scientists have reasons to believe the world about 4.5 billion years old, and I'm sure you know them. I'm asking why you believe Creationism makes MORE sense.
2/5/2013 11:06 PM
Do you have any evidence at all? I'm not arguing that a god couldn't have created the universe, only that if he did, he did it billions and billions of years ago.
2/5/2013 11:06 PM
Do I have evidence? No. Do you? You keep telling me you have all this evidence, but really, you're just regurgitating the studies conducted by people you don't know and have no connection with.

In the same way you exercise blind faith in HUMAN scientists, I trust the evidence that's been presented to me, in the form of the Bible (which I believe to be a historically accurate document, and science DOES support this), and studies that have been carried out by creation scientists.

What's funny is you'll call me a fool for endorsing the Bible and Christian scientists, yet you don't know anything about the studies you're regurgitating or the men/women who carried them out. The same people you will claim "made up" the events of the Bible are the same kinds of people who carried out these studies that you present as YOUR gospel.

Scientific experiments are conducted to confirm the theories of the scientists - rarely the other way around.

I'll say it for a third time - I don't expect any minds to be changed in all this. But to act like Evolution is some rock-solid, factual truth and Creationism is some fools story is hypocrisy at its highest. Evolution has no more conclusive proof than Creationism. You just gravitate towards the "science" that supports what you believe.
2/5/2013 11:14 PM (edited)
There are studies that say I breathe oxygen to live. I have blind faith in these human scientists who determine this. Should I not believe them?

Explain this to me, because it's the one main thing (there are several, but lets just discuss this one) I don't understand - is it possible a "day" isn't 24 hours in this sense? Since Earth didn't exist, and a "day" is 24 hours relative to Earth, is it possible that a "day" as described in the bible actually be several million Earth years? This way, the scientists are right, AND the Bible is right?
2/5/2013 11:19 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...60 Next ▸
Makes me sick... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.