Makes me sick... Topic

No one knows, but it is silly to think there wasn't anything to begin with.

I think it is silly to postulate something simply "must" have been there prior to the universe when there isn't any reason to believe that.

The universe encompasses everything we know exists. Yes, there COULD have been something prior to its existence, but that's like saying the whole universe COULD all be contained on the head of a giant needle being used to sew some grandiose creature's clothing. There are way too many COULD scenarios to suggest any of them simply "must" be true.

The bottom line is the universe began at a finite point in space and time, meaning something caused it to begin in that fashion and expand into what we think it is today.  The universe having a beginning point supports most models used by creationists, but this fact is often lost amid the discussion of creation versus evolution.

Also, people often confuse speciation with macroevolution. The former is merely the formation of a species, while the latter is the fundamental mechanism by which the "theory of evolution" is said to function, which is through changes above the species level. Most creationists contend macroevolution does not occur.
2/12/2013 1:27 PM
Evolution and macroevolution are the same thing.

2/12/2013 2:43 PM
I'm curious as to what bad_luck has to say here, but I don't want to get into another "debate" where I try to argue logically and he uses fallacies and hurls insults, so I'm not going to bother looking.
2/13/2013 1:30 PM
Fine with me. Your idea of debating is posting bad info, refusing to address challenges to your bad info, and then going back and deleting the bad info you posted.
2/13/2013 1:44 PM
In case you're wondering, it's not that I wouldn't love to defeat you in yet another debate, bad_luck. I've already done it before and I'm sure it would be easy to do again.

I'm also sure I could bait you into posting a plethora of ridiculous crap.

But that's really the point - it's not as entertaining as it once was, especially when you got to repeating the same things over and over again.

So I won't bother defeating you and watching you squirm because it isn't even worth the time.
2/13/2013 2:01 PM
Um, ok. Then why respond to my posts? I know you read them.
2/13/2013 2:04 PM
I"m not sure why you're even posting when you know I'm not reading it. I do get a small chuckle out of that, though, so keep it up if you want.
2/13/2013 2:13 PM
Is bistiza really blocking all of bad_luck's posts?

Votes: 8
(Last vote received: 2/14/2013 12:47 AM)
2/13/2013 2:19 PM
Now that is hilarious.

You can all believe whatever you'd like.

The right answer is this: YES, bad_luck is being blocked by me. Every now and then I get curious and read a single post (I think it's happened twice now in total since I began blocking him some time ago). Otherwise, when he posts I never see anything except a little grey box which contains this:

You are blocking the author of this post, bad_luck.

2/13/2013 2:27 PM
He reads them. He even quoted one back on page 7.
2/13/2013 2:27 PM
"You are blocking the author of this post, bad_luck."

This is proof he does block them. But how you can you not read them? I tried blocking someone once and then found I was just reading everything he said anyway, so I unblocked him. 
2/13/2013 2:33 PM
As I've said before, burnsy, the block feature is perfect. It allows me to ignore most of the crap bad_luck posts but to check and see if I do become curious for whatever reason. I wish I'd have thought to block him earlier.
2/13/2013 2:53 PM
Posted by bistiza on 2/13/2013 2:27:00 PM (view original):
Now that is hilarious.

You can all believe whatever you'd like.

The right answer is this: YES, bad_luck is being blocked by me. Every now and then I get curious and read a single post (I think it's happened twice now in total since I began blocking him some time ago). Otherwise, when he posts I never see anything except a little grey box which contains this:

You are blocking the author of this post, bad_luck.

It's funny how you chose the first answer, but then go on to verbally confirm that you do the second (blocked, but read anyway).

Can anything you say be trusted, when you can't even be consistent within a single post?
2/13/2013 3:08 PM
It seems like you want to interact. You always respond, even if it's just to say that you're blocking me. I'm 100% confident that you read all of my posts and you're scared that you'll lose again if you engage in an argument.
2/13/2013 3:24 PM
bistiza, I don't disagree with your points in this thread, but as I said in the Brady thread, anytime someone continually says "I wonder what Bob is saying, I have him blocked" or "I have Bob blocked, but I bet he's saying...", it's a sure sign that Bob isn't blocked. Don't make yourself look more foolish.
2/13/2013 7:44 PM
◂ Prev 1...35|36|37|38|39...60 Next ▸
Makes me sick... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.