Makes me sick... Topic

I think jtpsops point is that errors are often made in science, and sometimes they are larger errors than scientists want to admit. Hence, science could easily be wrong about things such as the age of the earth and evolution.
2/18/2013 10:14 AM
My point was, it seems it should be far easier to find/identify a meteor that close to earth than it should be to "guesstimate" the age of our planet. If they can't get the former right, I don't have much faith in the accuracy of their ability to guess something as complex as the latter.
2/18/2013 10:15 AM
The bottom line I think a lot of people tend to miss is that both creation and evolution require some sort of faith - either in a creator of some sort or in the scientists who say evolution is correct beyond any doubt.
2/18/2013 10:19 AM
Posted by bistiza on 2/18/2013 8:53:00 AM (view original):
I think everyone can agree that life is incredibly complex, but it is your faith that tells you that a God must have created life because it is so incredibly complex because there is no evidence that God created life.

You're making assumptions that simply aren't true, because faith has nothing to do with it.

I'm simply looking at the evidence and drawing a logical conclusion - life is too complex for it to have arisen from random chance, therefore some sort of intelligent creature caused it to exist.

What you believe that intelligent creature to be is up to you.
You'll argue the same point until the other person says "Bah, **** it."   You're biszteca V2.
Okay, that's it. bad_luck is NOTHING like me.

I actually present intelligent and logical information and ask people to challenge it. They do, then they get frustrated when they fail. This leads to their argument gradually turning into nothing more than cheap insults in most cases. I don't argue a different point because there is simply no need when the original one stands strong.

bad_luck just attacks anyone he can for any reason he can and declares himself to be right with nothing to back him up.
I just get bored with you and your repetitive nature.   But I also find if amusing when I step away from a particular thread because you're repeating the same thing over and over and over again, then come back 3-4 pages(or days) later and you're still doing it.   That's funny. 
This is the same reason I kept baiting him into responding to me. It's hilarious sometimes how long he can keep going with the same boring meaningless blather.
Or, when people leave a specific thread and you bring up the "lost" topic in another thread to repeat your argument.   That's what makes you so ridiculously funny.  

This is his bread and butter. He can't stand to not have the last word on anything, and yes, it's ridiculously funny.

Sadly, because you never stop, it also makes you boring.

I've told him this many times, but he never listens, so he won't listen to you either. He's obtuse to this fact.
This is the point everyone has been getting at bad_luck. Even if you ever did have a valid point in this thread, you completely destroy any credibility you have by degenerating into a petulant child all the time.
I've also told him this many times. I wonder how many people have to tell bad_luck he's acting childish and needs to stop before he might suspect its true.
How many people have told you that you are wrong in the Brady thread? When will you finally suspect it's true?
2/18/2013 11:23 AM
Never, because it will never be true. You can be a fan of Brady all you want or think he's great, and that's your opinion. But there is no way anyone can honestly say Brady isn't over rated.

2/18/2013 11:31 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 2/18/2013 10:15:00 AM (view original):
My point was, it seems it should be far easier to find/identify a meteor that close to earth than it should be to "guesstimate" the age of our planet. If they can't get the former right, I don't have much faith in the accuracy of their ability to guess something as complex as the latter.
The retardedness level of this thread is rising with posts like this.

Scientists were indeed able to identify an asteroid that did a close fly-by of earth this past Friday.  They estimated that it would miss us by around 17,000 miles at 2:24pm EST, and by all measurements they hit that just about dead-on, down to the exact minute.  Unless the non-science / "faith" people want to try to argue that (a) they were lying, or (b) the "hand of God" swatted the asteroid away.

The meteor that hit Russia was much smaller than the asteroid that missed us.  We just do not have the technology to spot EVERY SINGLE OBJECT flying through the solar system.

That has nothing to do with science.  That has to do with technology, more specifically the funding for the technology to spot these objects.

It's utterly retarded to try to connect the fact that they could not see or predict the Russia object with the science behind estimating the age of the earth.
2/18/2013 12:06 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/18/2013 7:52:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 2/17/2013 9:46:00 PM (view original):
Has it? Or was I just reminded of your stupidity when you made another stupid post?
Do my words mean that much to you?   Do you think of me often on the weekends?    Every hour?  More often than that?
I could ask you the same thing about jrdx. Apparently his words meant so much to you that you accused me of being him. How long has it been since he posted?
2/18/2013 12:56 PM
4 minutes ago. 
2/18/2013 12:59 PM
You really have a hard on for that dude. Did he leave you with blue balls?
2/18/2013 1:10 PM

Why are you so interested in my balls?

Do I need to get a restraining order, stalker_luck?

2/18/2013 1:13 PM
The retardedness level of this thread is rising with posts like this.

With your use of made up and intentionally derogatory words such as "retardedness", you should be far more concerned about how foolish your own posts look rather than worrying about those made by others.

Insulting people shows a lack of intelligence on your part, which is particularly bad when you're attempting to degrade someone for what you believe is them showing a similar lack of the same.
I could ask you the same thing about jrdx. Apparently his words meant so much to you that you accused me of being him. How long has it been since he posted?

It would appear as though others have also made the rather obvious deduction that your user name bad_luck either is an alias and/or has other aliases (depending upon point of view of which one is your "primary" user name).

Perhaps you should stop with the denials and just come out and admit you use multiple user names and this one (bad_luck) is the one you use to try to entice arguments on these message boards.
2/18/2013 1:16 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/18/2013 1:13:00 PM (view original):

I'm much more interested in how you think Bernie Williams was as good offensively as Edgar Martinez.
2/18/2013 1:51 PM
I think Bernie Williams is the best player in the history of baseball.

Just kidding. But I bet you did a double take, bad_luck.

2/18/2013 2:09 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 2/18/2013 1:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/18/2013 1:13:00 PM (view original):

I'm much more interested in how you think Bernie Williams was as good offensively as Edgar Martinez.
Are you still thinking about that?   Refresh my memory.   What were the main points?    I'm sure you have them in your Blackberry.   Or looseleaf notebook.   Or whatever it is where you keep your important documents.
2/18/2013 2:27 PM
TRAPPER KEEPER!!!!!
2/18/2013 2:30 PM
◂ Prev 1...44|45|46|47|48...60 Next ▸
Makes me sick... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.