HIGHEST PAID STAR IN THE NFL? Topic

ROGER GOODELL MADE 29 MILLION IN 2011?

WHAT A ******* JOKE. PAY THE SHYSTER 500K AND GIVE THE REST TO THE REAL STARS------THE PLAYERS

THESE ******* OWNERS BETTER NOT BE CRYING POVERTY ANYTIME SOON
2/16/2013 7:36 AM
Paul Tagliabue was a more effective commissioner this past season.
2/16/2013 9:41 AM
I was shocked to find out how much all commissioners make.

Bud made $20M last year? And he can't afford a better haircut?
2/16/2013 10:50 AM
a better rug?
2/16/2013 12:27 PM
SCALP HIM!!!
2/16/2013 5:05 PM
Yeah...thats pretty ******. I mean all the retired guys that cant walk and are broke because they cant work and that **** makes that much.
2/16/2013 9:09 PM
Yeah, forcing people to play football and spend every dime they make before they retire is bad news.  

Oh, wait, that doesn't happen.    Nevermind.
2/17/2013 8:10 AM
Posted by 05nomar05 on 2/16/2013 9:09:00 PM (view original):
Yeah...thats pretty ******. I mean all the retired guys that cant walk and are broke because they cant work and that **** makes that much.
I can't stand this argument. If you're ****** that Goddell makes that much, fine, but enough with the other BS. Football players know it's a dangerous game - that's like a professional surfer saying "wait - I didn't know I was going to get wet!!!"

They made the choice to play - and poorly manage their finances - so don't come ******** for a handout after the fact. I'm sure a lot of guys on this site would gladly walk with a limp, or have an arthritic elbow, or maybe even some memory loss for a chance to have $500,000 - $50,000,000 in their bank account. I don't feel sorry for professional athletes.
2/18/2013 10:56 AM
$30M/year for a sport that makes $9B/year is appropriate, right?
2/18/2013 11:07 AM
I agree the commissioner makes too much money, but then, I think a lot of people make too much money - including most executives at major corporations, the president and other higher ups at most universities, and a lot of other people who have a good amount of responsibility but not nearly enough to justify what they are being paid.

As for the athletes, I think they knew what they were getting into when they decided to play in the NFL. It's the same for other potentially risky jobs. Firemen realize that fighting fires is a dangerous thing and they could get injured or even die. Police officers understand they put their health and lives on the line when they do their job. People who willingly join the military should be aware they could be placed in dangerous environments where life and limb could be in peril.

If you choose to enter a job with risks, you choose to accept those risks. No one probably forced these guys to play in the NFL,  the same as no one probably forced most people to be a fireman, or a cop, or a solider or marine. Of all of those I just listed, only the NFL players are making huge salaries for the most part.

Don't get me wrong. It's a terrible thing if you get injured or killed doing your job - but you chose the job and knew the risks. Don't do the job if you're worried about those risks.

It's the same reason I feel Americans do way too much to honor past and present members of the military, but that's another topic entirely.
2/18/2013 11:13 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 2/18/2013 11:07:00 AM (view original):
If my google search is correct, Brad Pitt got 30m for Ocean's Eleven.

Sound about right?

2/18/2013 12:49 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 2/18/2013 11:07:00 AM (view original):
Maybe not, but I'm still not going to feel sorry for someone making $30M a year.
2/18/2013 1:34 PM
I'm guessing Brad Pitt didn't have a huge risk of injury repeatedly associated with his acting in that movie either.
2/18/2013 1:36 PM
If you're ****** that a commissioner makes that much money, maybe you should work to become the commissioner of a major sport.  If you either (a) don't have the brains, (b) don't have the work ethic, (c) don't have the education, or (d) don't have the connections, quit ******** about someone making money in the most lucrative businesses in the world.

And ::koff koff::: Jtp is right.  Whose fault is it that ballplayers **** away their money in strip clubs and pyramid schemes?  It ain't Roger Goodell's fault, it isn't Bud Selig's fault, and it ain't David Stern's fault.  IF YOU'RE GONNA BE RICH, LEARN HOW TO MANAGE YOUR OWN ******* MONEY. 

2/18/2013 1:41 PM
everybody makes what they make because somebody out there thinks they are worth it.....if you think you should make more money, figure out how to make someone agree that you deserve it
2/19/2013 12:25 AM
12 Next ▸
HIGHEST PAID STAR IN THE NFL? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.