Vote for best group of drafted QBs Topic

Which of the following is the best group of all-time QBs?

Votes: 32
(Last vote received: 11/28/2013 11:06 PM)
2/26/2013 4:11 PM
Which of the following is the worst group of all-time QBs?

Votes: 31
(Last vote received: 11/28/2013 11:06 PM)
2/26/2013 4:12 PM
I can't believe I'm the only person who's voted for the first group for worst.  The last 2 guys on that list don't belong anywhere near this draft.
2/26/2013 5:27 PM
I find it difficult to believe that anybody would think that Eli and the rapist could be anywhere near as bad as Namath and Plunkett.
2/26/2013 6:01 PM
In 1967 Namath led the league in pass attempts and still managed the best yards/attempt.  He also led the league in Y/A in '72, and in total passing yards both of those years as well as '66.  The only major statistical category Eli has ever led the league in is interceptions (twice).  Big Ben did lead the league in Y/A once.  Plunkett shouldn't have been drafted either, but of those 4 guys you mentioned Namath has at least the most reputable resume from where I stand...

Broadway Joe also gets some bonus street cred for effectively putting the AFL on the map as a legitimate league.
2/26/2013 6:31 PM
Here's my dilemma.  No matter how hard I try, I can't vote in the first poll. 
2/26/2013 6:56 PM
Joe Namath:

Career 50.1% completion PCT.  Best season was 52.9%.  Had 7 seasons where he completed less than 50% (5 of those seasons he started more than half his team's games).

Career TD/INT ratio: 173/220.

Led the league in passing yards 3x.  In all three seasons, he threw more picks than TDs.

His entire legacy is one game (SB III).

Eli, in roughly the same length career to date as Namath: more passing yards, higher completion PCT, 38 more TDs, 76 fewer picks, and 2 rings (both against Brady/Belichick).

Roethlisberger, in slightly fewer games than Namath: more passing yards, higher completion PCT, 18 more TDs, 112 fewer picks, and also has 2 rings.

Namath shouldn't be mentioned along with Eli Manning or Ben Roethlisberger, unless preceeded by the phrase "not anywhere as good as".
2/26/2013 7:08 PM (edited)
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/26/2013 6:56:00 PM (view original):
Here's my dilemma.  No matter how hard I try, I can't vote in the first poll. 
Which groups are you having trouble deciding between?
2/26/2013 7:08 PM
Ok, so if you totally ignore differences in era, I could argue that a lot of those groups have no business being involved in the discussion, including the one with over 50% of the first place votes.  But wait!  That's stupid.
2/26/2013 7:13 PM
In which era is a 5.8% INT rate considered good?  Or leading the league in throwing picks 4x?
2/26/2013 7:18 PM
In the old days, incompletions and interceptions weren't considered the worst things on earth.
2/26/2013 7:23 PM
He never led the league in INT%.  He threw a ton of passes on a team which usually had no running game, the defense was keying in on the pass, so yeah, he threw some picks.  But never at the highest rate in the league.  He just threw a ton of passes.  The two times he led the league in INTs before he was constantly hurt he also led the league in attempts and completions, and as I previously mentioned, in one of them IN SPITE OF aforementioned lack of run support and consequent constant passing, he still led the league in YDS/Attempt.  Which I would consider pretty darn impressive.
2/26/2013 7:24 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 2/26/2013 7:24:00 PM (view original):
He never led the league in INT%.  He threw a ton of passes on a team which usually had no running game, the defense was keying in on the pass, so yeah, he threw some picks.  But never at the highest rate in the league.  He just threw a ton of passes.  The two times he led the league in INTs before he was constantly hurt he also led the league in attempts and completions, and as I previously mentioned, in one of them IN SPITE OF aforementioned lack of run support and consequent constant passing, he still led the league in YDS/Attempt.  Which I would consider pretty darn impressive.
The Jets weren't nearly as bad a running team as you seem to think. 

League Rank for Yards rushing

65 - 5
66 - 6
67 - 7
68 - 8
69 - 3
70 - 13 (same rank as passing)
71 - Namath barely played
72 - 13
73 - Namath barely played
74 - 18
75 - 11 (better than passing)
76 - Namath basically done
2/26/2013 8:03 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 2/26/2013 5:27:00 PM (view original):
I can't believe I'm the only person who's voted for the first group for worst.  The last 2 guys on that list don't belong anywhere near this draft.
Both are at 30,000 in 9 seasons and could push 50,000 if they stay healthy (Eli a much stronger bet than Ben). Both have very good TD-INT rations and two rings. I can find you numerous QBs who were drafted that are worse.
2/26/2013 8:17 PM
You drafted them, obviously you thought they were worth it.
2/26/2013 9:50 PM
1|2|3...18 Next ▸
Vote for best group of drafted QBs Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.